emulikTopic starter

Well - read MJ
December 18, 2011, 09:21:54 AM
HI, this is very interesting article about Michael and his passion for books, it is worth to read  ;))
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thursday, July 02, 2009
Michael Jackson “Extremely Well-Read,” Had 10,000 Books

The King of Pop a dweeby book lovin’ geek?

Apparently so, and hooray. He was an avid reader who had an appropriately majestic library at Neverland that held 10,000 volumes on its shelves, according to two recent Los Angeles newspaper articles.

In the midst of a lengthy interview in the L.A. Weekly, Jackson attorney Bob Sanger revealed the following as his last of three golden attributes that defined the Gloved One.

“Michael was extremely well-read…I knew Michael, but I got to know him a lot better at the trial. The judge was doing jury selection, and it was time for break. Judge Melville said, 'Ladies and gentlemen, I want you to know that jury service is very, Tvery important.' He's trying to convince people not to have stupid excuses to get out of jury service. All judges do this. He says, 'The jury system is a very time-honored system. It's been around for 200 years. We're going to take a break and come back in 15 minutes.’

“We stand up and the judge leaves, and Michael turns to me and says, ‘Bob, the jury system is much older than 200 years, isn't it?’ I said, 'Well, yeah, it goes back to the Greeks.' He says, 'Oh yeah, Socrates had a jury trial, didn't he?' I said, 'Yeah, well, you know how it turned out for him.' Michael says, 'Yeah, he had to drink the hemlock.' That's just one little tidbit. We talked about psychology, Freud and Jung, Hawthorne, sociology, black history and sociology dealing with race issues. But he was very well read in the classics of psychology and history and literature.

“He loved to read. He had over 10,000 books at his house. And I know that because - and I hate to keep referring to the case, because I don't want the case - the case should not define him. But one of the things that we learned - the DA went through his entire library and found, for instance, a German art book from 1930-something. And it turned out that the guy who was the artist behind the book had been prosecuted by the Nazis. Nobody knew that, but then the cops get up there and say, 'We found this book with pictures of nude people in it.' But it was art, with a lot of text. It was art. And they found some other things, a briefcase that didn't belong to him that had some Playboys in it or something. But they went through the guy's entire house, 10,000 books. And it caused us to do the same thing, and look at it.”

“And there were places that he liked to sit, and you could see the books with his bookmarks in it, with notes and everything in it where he liked to sit and read. And I can tell you from talking to him that he had a very - especially for someone who was self-taught, as it were, and had his own reading list - he was very well-read. And I don't want to say that I'm well-read, but I've certainly read a lot, let's put it that way, and I enjoy philosophy and history and everything myself, and it was very nice to talk to him, because he was very intellectual, and he liked to talk about those things. But he didn't flaunt it, and it was very seldom that he would initiate the conversation like that, but if you got into a conversation like that with him, he was there.”

I’ll Be There
As reported in the L.A. Times. Doug Dutton, proprietor of the legendary and now, alas, defunct, Dutton's Books in Brentwood, was at a dinner with people from Book Soup, Skylight and other L.A. bookstores.

"Someone mentioned that Michael Jackson had been in their store," Dutton recalled. “Everybody said he'd shopped in their store too."

Doug first met Jackson in the early 1980s when the icon came in his shop wearing "very large sunglasses" and a suit of bodyguards. MJ was solitary and quiet. "There was no display of 'I'm Michael Jackson,'” he recalled. "I don't remember him actually saying anything." Jackson bought four-five books during visits.

Doug’s brother, Dave, remembers getting a call in the late '80s - early '90s from an MJ minion, who requested that the shop be closed early so Jackson could privately shop. "We did close early," Dave said. Then, "about a quarter to nine he showed up in a big van. Once you got over the initial caution because of those burly guys with him, he was very nice. He loved the poetry section," Dave’s son Dirk asserts that Ralph Waldo Emerson was Jackson's favorite author. "I think you would find a great deal of the transcendental, all-accepting philosophy in his lyrics."

I would have bet the farm that, considering his obsession, Michael Jackson would have been a compulsive collector of all things Peter Pan, the collecting completist’s completist, acquiring every single edition of the book, every scrap of paper associated with it, and everything from the story’s subsequent incarnations.

"He was a longtime and valued customer," a spokesperson for Hennessey + Ingalls, the renowned art and architecture bookstore in Santa Monica, said in the L.A. Times piece.

It turns out that Michael Jackson was a sort of Johnny Appleseed of reading, spreading books to all children. Former Los Angeles resident Cynde Moya remembers that "back when I worked at the Bookstar in Culver City, his people would have us keep the store open after hours, and he'd come in with a vanload of kids, who could buy whatever books they wanted."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

suspicious mind

Re: Well - read MJ
December 18, 2011, 11:03:26 AM
HI, this is very interesting article about Michael and his passion for books, it is worth to read  ;))

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Apparently so, and hooray. He was an avid reader who had an appropriately majestic library at Neverland that held 10,000 volumes on its shelves, according to two recent Los Angeles newspaper articles.

In the midst of a lengthy interview in the L.A. Weekly, Jackson attorney Bob Sanger revealed the following as his last of three golden attributes that defined the Gloved One.

“Michael was extremely well-read…I knew Michael, but I got to know him a lot better at the trial. The judge was doing jury selection, and it was time for break. Judge Melville said, 'Ladies and gentlemen, I want you to know that jury service is very, Tvery important.' He's trying to convince people not to have stupid excuses to get out of jury service. All judges do this. He says, 'The jury system is a very time-honored system. It's been around for 200 years. We're going to take a break and come back in 15 minutes.’

“We stand up and the judge leaves, and Michael turns to me and says, ‘Bob, the jury system is much older than 200 years, isn't it?’ I said, 'Well, yeah, it goes back to the Greeks.' He says, 'Oh yeah, Socrates had a jury trial, didn't he?' I said, 'Yeah, well, you know how it turned out for him.' Michael says, 'Yeah, he had to drink the hemlock.' That's just one little tidbit. We talked about psychology, Freud and Jung, Hawthorne, sociology, black history and sociology dealing with race issues. But he was very well read in the classics of psychology and history and literature.

“He loved to read. He had over 10,000 books at his house. And I know that because - and I hate to keep referring to the case, because I don't want the case - the case should not define him. But one of the things that we learned - the DA went through his entire library and found, for instance, a German art book from 1930-something. And it turned out that the guy who was the artist behind the book had been prosecuted by the Nazis. Nobody knew that, but then the cops get up there and say, 'We found this book with pictures of nude people in it.' But it was art, with a lot of text. It was art. And they found some other things, a briefcase that didn't belong to him that had some Playboys in it or something. But they went through the guy's entire house, 10,000 books. And it caused us to do the same thing, and look at it.”

“And there were places that he liked to sit, and you could see the books with his bookmarks in it, with notes and everything in it where he liked to sit and read. And I can tell you from talking to him that he had a very - especially for someone who was self-taught, as it were, and had his own reading list - he was very well-read. And I don't want to say that I'm well-read, but I've certainly read a lot, let's put it that way, and I enjoy philosophy and history and everything myself, and it was very nice to talk to him, because he was very intellectual, and he liked to talk about those things. But he didn't flaunt it, and it was very seldom that he would initiate the conversation like that, but if you got into a conversation like that with him, he was there.”

I’ll Be There
As reported in the L.A. Times. Doug Dutton, proprietor of the legendary and now, alas, defunct, Dutton's Books in Brentwood, was at a dinner with people from Book Soup, Skylight and other L.A. bookstores.

"Someone mentioned that Michael Jackson had been in their store," Dutton recalled. “Everybody said he'd shopped in their store too."

Doug first met Jackson in the early 1980s when the icon came in his shop wearing "very large sunglasses" and a suit of bodyguards. MJ was solitary and quiet. "There was no display of 'I'm Michael Jackson,'” he recalled. "I don't remember him actually saying anything." Jackson bought four-five books during visits.

Doug’s brother, Dave, remembers getting a call in the late '80s - early '90s from an MJ minion, who requested that the shop be closed early so Jackson could privately shop. "We did close early," Dave said. Then, "about a quarter to nine he showed up in a big van. Once you got over the initial caution because of those burly guys with him, he was very nice. He loved the poetry section," Dave’s son Dirk asserts that Ralph Waldo Emerson was Jackson's favorite author. "I think you would find a great deal of the transcendental, all-accepting philosophy in his lyrics."

I would have bet the farm that, considering his obsession, Michael Jackson would have been a compulsive collector of all things Peter Pan, the collecting completist’s completist, acquiring every single edition of the book, every scrap of paper associated with it, and everything from the story’s subsequent incarnations.

"He was a longtime and valued customer," a spokesperson for Hennessey + Ingalls, the renowned art and architecture bookstore in Santa Monica, said in the L.A. Times piece.

It turns out that Michael Jackson was a sort of Johnny Appleseed of reading, spreading books to all children. Former Los Angeles resident Cynde Moya remembers that "back when I worked at the Bookstar in Culver City, his people would have us keep the store open after hours, and he'd come in with a vanload of kids, who could buy whatever books they wanted."

the michael jackson they never wanted you to see   ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

emulikTopic starter

December 18, 2011, 11:18:34 AM
@suspicious mind...could you please explain me that letters in blue? my english vocabulary failed..thank you so much ;))
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
December 18, 2011, 11:27:16 AM
Yes, we all know Michael's attraction for art in all its expressions, and reading not escape from it. Although in its infancy did not go to school like other children, Michael is a very informed on many subjects and art is his passion. Emulik Thanks for sharing!  /bravo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

December 18, 2011, 12:46:20 PM
I love to picture Michael reading to his kids, infusing them with his own thirst for knowledge and beauty.  I wonder who his favorite poet was?  I would so love to get a glimpse of his library. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2011, 01:09:10 PM

Thursday, July 02, 2009

I’ll Be There

Thank you Emulik for this wonderul article ,is very intresting  :) !!! There is one thing that is in my mind for some time now,about Michael and his 10.00 books  albino/ !!! Lately I noticed that alot of movies,that we discuss here ,and ofcourse some that I saw,are inspired from BOOKS  :shock: ,and Michael has 10.00,lol  geek/ !!! What do you think about this,I'm thinking too far  albino/ ????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

emulikTopic starter

December 18, 2011, 01:59:30 PM
Yes, we all know Michael's attraction for art in all its expressions, and reading not escape from it. Although in its infancy did not go to school like other children, Michael is a very informed on many subjects and art is his passion. Emulik Thanks for sharing!  /bravo/
you are welcome marumjj :) it is good to read this kind of articles about Michael, he deserves that. Yes, we already know about his passion and interest for art.
I imagine to have a conversation about psychology and philosophy (which I studied) with him..that would be very interesting..But at first, I should improve my english skills lolol/

@applehead...you are welcome..I notice that thing about movies and books too, but I do not know if there is any connection. Can you imagine to have so many books at home? wow, I am not sure, if our local library has so many.. ;))
Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:06:29 PM by emulik
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

December 18, 2011, 04:09:23 PM
@emulik: thank you for sharing. Love this article :)

Here´s another article about Michael Jackson ´the bookworm` You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

@gwynned: Ralph Waldo Emerson seems to be Michael´s favourite poet and I would love to get a glimpse of Michael´s library too :geek:

“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MJonmind

December 19, 2011, 02:39:16 AM
Nice post emulik!  I feel we can certainly see these well-read aspects showing up in TS and Front's writings, which I LOVE!

Serenitys_Dream has a very detailed interesting look at the books that were found in Neverland Ranch that were deemed pornographic, but in fact were art. They were merely one subject out of countless others amongst 10,000 books that MJ studied in his quest for knowledge, wisdom and all things beautiful.

I wonder seeing as MJ has won so many Guinness World Records already, could his be the largest personal library?

Dweeb
A person regarded as socially inept or foolish, often on account of being overly studious.

Geek
a peculiar person, one who is perceived to be overly intellectual, and a science, math, or technology enthusiast or expert.

Another aspect of, "Meet the man you never knew!" especially to the world. afraid/ moonwalk_/
Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:01:42 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

emulikTopic starter

December 19, 2011, 09:47:15 AM
Nice post emulik!  I feel we can certainly see these well-read aspects showing up in TS and Front's writings, which I LOVE!

Serenitys_Dream has a very detailed interesting look at the books that were found in Neverland Ranch that were deemed pornographic, but in fact were art. They were merely one subject out of countless others amongst 10,000 books that MJ studied in his quest for knowledge, wisdom and all things beautiful.

I wonder seeing as MJ has won so many Guinness World Records already, could his be the largest personal library?

Dweeb
A person regarded as socially inept or foolish, often on account of being overly studious.

Geek
a peculiar person, one who is perceived to be overly intellectual, and a science, math, or technology enthusiast or expert.

Another aspect of, "Meet the man you never knew!" especially to the world. afraid/ moonwalk_/
Mjonmind...thank you so much for your answer and explanation of phrase for me bearhug
btw great post about Ts and Front and Michael well-read connection..it is sure that they/he/she is/are extremely well-read. that style of writing is just fascinating..however sometimes I do not understand everything clearly (wish to be a native english speaker). 
And yes, Mjonmind, this could be the largest personal library, indeed. bounce/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

December 19, 2011, 10:33:58 AM
This may seem a bit strange, but the thing I find sexiest about a man is his mind.  And by mind, I don't mean a heartless computer brain, but a mind that seeks to explore, that embraces the world and yearns always to learn more about everything, including nature and history and art.   A mind that revels in the beauty of the written word. 

Until this hoax, I had been unaware of Michael's superior intelligence, and I'm quite sure I was not alone in that.  It's been quite a revelation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

emulikTopic starter

December 19, 2011, 10:40:26 AM
This may seem a bit strange, but the thing I find sexiest about a man is his mind.  And by mind, I don't mean a heartless computer brain, but a mind that seeks to explore, that embraces the world and yearns always to learn more about everything, including nature and history and art.   A mind that revels in the beauty of the written word. 

Until this hoax, I had been unaware of Michael's superior intelligence, and I'm quite sure I was not alone in that.  It's been quite a revelation.
Great post, thank you /bravo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2011, 05:03:18 PM
Cassici’s book makes lots of reference to the importance reading and learning held in Michael’s life.  Were it not for him, and his love of reading, Casico in my opinion would have probably not turned out to be the businesmann he became.  Michael made sure that reading and dissecting what you read to make sure you had the full grasp of it was an integral part of his friendship with Casico and also his children or any child who was in his presence for any significant amount of time.  That shows just how extra ordinary this man is.  He is not one of a kind, he is the one and only. 

He was also a very mischevious prankster.  Some of the things he did cracks me up.  I mean really  lolol/  What a fun loving, caring, down to earth person Michael is.  It’s amazing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

gwynned

December 19, 2011, 08:34:00 PM
Cassici’s book makes lots of reference to the importance reading and learning held in Michael’s life.  Were it not for him, and his love of reading, Casico in my opinion would have probably not turned out to be the businesmann he became.  Michael made sure that reading and dissecting what you read to make sure you had the full grasp of it was an integral part of his friendship with Casico and also his children or any child who was in his presence for any significant amount of time.  That shows just how extra ordinary this man is.  He is not one of a kind, he is the one and only. 

He was also a very mischevious prankster.  Some of the things he did cracks me up.  I mean really  lolol/  What a fun loving, caring, down to earth person Michael is.  It’s amazing.

Correction:  IS a very mischevious prankster.  I like to refer to him as The Joker.  Once I was certain he was alive I found myself laughing out loud numerous times at the preposterousness of it all.  At every turn he has played his hand with a quirky element of surprise.  What a genius to be able to create perhaps the worlds first tragi-comedy.  Part of the audience sees only the tragedy.  The lucky few appreciate the farce.   And I could be wrong, but I really think Paris just loved to talk about how she can cry on cue....knowing how she fooled the world (almost the entire world) and can almost say it out loud that she faked it and STILL they believe...Now THAT's good acting!

I'm quite sure our dear MJ is having a bunch of fun.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

December 20, 2011, 01:53:39 AM
gwynned,
What a genius to be able to create perhaps the worlds first tragi-comedy.  Part of the audience sees only the tragedy.  The lucky few appreciate the farce.
So agree! The ultimate masterpiece! This sums it up:
Mans laughter!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions