'The masks were stupid,' admits Paris as she discusses father Michael Jackson's attempts to protect his children on Ellen

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The weird and wacky world of showbiz wouldn't be the same without the frequent eccentricities.
But even Paris Jackson has confessed she initially thought wearing masks in public was 'stupid'.

Her father Michael Jackson would frequently cover his children's faces, in a bid to keep Prince

Despite ridiculing the myriad of disguises on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the teenager revealed she understood why the King Of Pop had concealed his brood.

Speaking of her early years, Paris said: 'I'm like, "This is stupid, why am I wearing a mask?" But I kind of realised the older I got, he only tried to protect us and he'd explain that to us too.'

It seems protecting their identity from the public had the desired effect though, and when Paris arrived at The Buckley School - no one knew who she was

She said: 'I do have a regular childhood. I mean, I'm treated the same. When I came to (my new school) they didn't know who I was. I was like, "Yes, I have a chance to be normal."'
Yet now the rising star is chasing fame and recognition by landing her debut role in a film series.
Jackson will play the heroine in fantasy picture Lundon's Bridge And The Three Keys, based on the  young adult series by novelist Dennis H. Christen

She added: 'My dad was in the movie Moonwalker and I knew he could sing really well but I didn't know he could act.

'I saw that and I said, "Wow, I want to be just like him." I was little. I was younger than Blanket (their nickname for sibling Prince Michael II).'
Paris added: 'We would do improvisation together. He would give us little scenarios. He would say, "OK, in this scene, you're going to cry," and I would cry on the spot.'

Giving her seal of approval on the interview, Paris later tweeted: 'Had a great time on @TheEllenShow today! :D It'll air on tv on Thursday for those who want to watch <3'

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Not sure I have seen that photo of Michael before. Is it just me or does he look a little more full figured than usual? (Suits him :P)

lolol/

Is Paris 'hearting' that she loves the presents Ellen is giving or is there someone in the audience she's 'hearting'?  :)   /overreacting/
Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:59:09 AM by reveron1958
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Thank you for posting reveron.

I like the interview and the articles are very positive.
I noticed a slight difference of journalism. The title of this article starts with "The masks were stupid, admits Paris..", which is what Paris said in the interview, though using it in the title put too much emphasis on it. This might sound a bit 'tabloidish', probably with the intention to attract a public who likes sensation and tabloid.
Personally, I prefer the article You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Jackson daughter tells 'Ellen' about acting dreams.

L.O.V.E.

P.S. you're right reveron, Michael looks great on this pic  ;))
Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:42:51 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

I noticed a slight difference of journalism. The title of this article starts with "The masks were stupid, admits Paris..", which is what Paris said in the interview, though using it in the title put too much emphasis on it. This might sound a bit 'tabloidish', probably with the intention to attract a public who likes sensation and tabloid.

- absolutely. That's dailymail for ya, tabloid junk at it's "best". They maybe want to keep
it positive [though I doubt it, more like desperately looking for negative in a positive
and smooth Paris' interview] but can't help themselves.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

- absolutely. That's dailymail for ya, tabloid junk at it's "best". They maybe want to keep
it positive [though I doubt it, more like desperately looking for negative in a positive
and smooth Paris' interview] but can't help themselves.

well hopefully after they "made them look" they ( the readers) actually listened with an open mind and not with preconceived ideas.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

bec

You know of all the quotes Paris handed them... the fact that they chose THIS quote to headline the article proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the media are giant douche bags. Assholes. Totally pisses me off. As if Paris was dissing her own Dad. Fuckers  :evil: :evil: :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

She thought that when she was young and was forced to wear them(for their protection). Now that she understands, I'm sure she fully appreciates the reasoning behind the masks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Yeah exactly, Viet, but that's not what the headline says, is it? Assholes. The media can all burn in hell. Fry 'em Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Not sure I have seen that photo of Michael before. Is it just me or does he look a little more full figured than usual? (Suits him :P)

lolol/

Is Paris 'hearting' that she loves the presents Ellen is giving or is there someone in the audience she's 'hearting'?  :)   /overreacting/

The more I look at the photo you're referring to , the more I see "Dave Dave"....he had broad shoulders like in the photo with he and his kids.  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I turned 6 yrs old when MJ released the Smooth Criminal single. The 24th will be a very special b-day this yr....:) I'll be 29. Subtract 9-2 and what do you get???? lol Lucky #'s . Last yr in my 20's....

lolol/

Reveron if you think that is a FULL figured face of Michael,watch this  albino/  smiley_spider  !!!!

During years we saw many faces of Michael,lol  lolol/ full one,skinny one, small ,long one ,and only him knows which one is the REAL deal  albino/  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: !!!! Take care  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lolol/

Reveron if you think that is a FULL figured face of Michael,watch this  albino/  smiley_spider  !!!!

During years we saw many faces of Michael,lol  lolol/ full one,skinny one, small ,long one ,and only him knows which one is the REAL deal  albino/  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: !!!! Take care  :)

I wasn't refering to his face, more his slightly chunkier torso!

Yes, he looks more 'hunky' in these photos. What year are they from?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

i really dislike the angle / spin that this article has put on paris' comments.

completely out of context.

makes my blood boil! so damn disrespectable!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

suspicious mind

i really dislike the angle / spin that this article has put on paris' comments.

completely out of context.

makes my blood boil! so damn disrespectable!

question is ,was it anticipated that this would happen.

maybe it is our job , since we know better to use this as a conversation starter and put it into context.  penguin/
Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:44:29 AM by suspicious mind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
You know of all the quotes Paris handed them... the fact that they chose THIS quote to headline the article proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the media are giant douche bags. Assholes. Totally pisses me off. As if Paris was dissing her own Dad. Fuckers  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Totally agree.  :evil:  /pull hair/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't know if it has been posted yet or not, and if it's the right place to do it but, look at the first video on this website : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"a kingdom in the see, a girl who believes"
haha  ::)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions