Elizabeth Taylor's Bel Air Estate Sold, Sold, Sold

It was a sad when the classic Hollywood icon, Elizabeth Taylor, passed away after a life of success, struggle and survival.

Now the day has come for someone else to enjoy their time in her shoes. Well, okay, maybe not shoes but they'll definitely be walking on the ground she graced.

Taylor's Bel Air estate, which was listed in May as a 7,000-square-foot four-bedroom for $8.6 million, has just been sold.

The buyer, who remains anonymous, will now be living life in the house Taylor bought in the early 1980s.

Not too far from best friend Michael Jackson's mansion, the new resident will make a home right in the middle of Hollywood legend and mystery.

Hmm, we wonder who it is. A rich nobody? A secretive, new Hollywood star? WHO could it be!?!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

-------------------
This is a much better place for mj than the carrolwood house...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

Elizabeth Taylor's Bel Air estate sells
Dame Elizabeth Taylor's home has been sold.

The Oscar-winning actress - who passed away from congestive heart failure in March at the age of 79 - lived in the 1960s ranch-style house in Bel Air, California, for 30 years until her death, and it is now believed to have sold for somewhere in the region of $8.6 million.

According to an email announcement from listing agent David Mossler of Teles Properties, the property was purchased by an undisclosed buyer after 33 days on the market.

While the price the ranch was eventually sold for is yet to be revealed, the 7,000-square-foot estate - previously owned by singer Nancy Sinatra - features its own swimming pool, maids' quarters and bricked motor court.

Meanwhile, the second-floor master suite offers "treetop views, master bath with spa tub, adjacent dressing room/salon and two smaller bedrooms".

Elizabeth's son Christopher Wilding previously said of the property: "The house was where we all gathered, especially at Thanksgiving and Easter. She never entertained the notion of moving."

Elsewhere, a number of items belonging to the 'Cleopatra' actress are to be sold at auction in December.

Marc Porter, chairman of Christie's Americas - who will be selling the star's personal possessions - said: "A rare woman who was at once an international film and fashion star, loving mother, successful businesswoman and generous humanitarian, this collection of her many cherished possessions will bring us closer to the essence of Elizabeth Taylor's unique spirit."
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
:( Love and miss her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

I found out yesterday, that Anthony Geary(Luke Spencer ) in General hospital had an affair with Elizabeth Taylor for several yrs. I saw the rerun of Oprah and he was there as a guest. I know that Liz Taylor played a part in General hospital and since then they had an affair. I had no clue. This woman never missed a man. May she rest in peace.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Tink

She was definitely classy, not trashy, like many of so called stars today. Even the male stars didn't talk, when they had a divorce. Just more like, "Things didn't work out."

She was definitely one of the most gracious and caring people on this planet, who put her money and jewelry, where her mouth was: to help others!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal