mykidsmum

Expert Medical Oppinion of Ambulance Photo
December 24, 2009, 09:26:14 PM
Hi all, posted under the vein topic but had to post a new topic to make sure everyone got a chance to read it.  My cousin who works with a Coroner performing autopsies and who before that worked in operating rooms, took a look at the pic and this is what she had to say about it.  She thought the vein was actually plastic tubing resting on his forehead from the o2 cannula in his nose.  She also gave me a paragraph of what she thought happened to bring about his demise, but since this is a hoax forum, let me know if you would like to see what she had to say.
Ok, so I looked at the pic for a while and did as much reading as I could find...but I didn't find anything about the doctor's story, other than that he was giving him 50 mg of propofol before bed. OK, so here goes...

1) Paramedics DO intubate and quite frequently. A face mask is never used in resuscitation as it is not a reliable method to get oxygen to the lungs. The throat may close or swell and the oxygen won't get to the lungs...an endotracheal tube goes all the way down to the bronchi and secures an airway that can't be obstructed.

2) In regards to the bulging vein...when i look carefully at the pic (which is a horrible image, very unclear) I see a clear plastic tube which is part of the nasal O2 cannula under his nose. The nasal cannula has the two nose prongs in his nostril which you can see, and the tube continues out from each side until it joins up and attaches to an O2 tank. You can clearly see the tube across his left cheek and I believe the tube that goes across the right runs up beside his right nostril and is lying across his forehead, something easily done when an urgent resuscitation is going on.

3) The hand on the chest is NOT involved in the performing of CPR, which doesn't mean they weren't performing CPR when he was removed from the house, but this particular photo does not show hands performing CPR. He may have been reaching for something, and the angle makes it look like his hands are on MJ's body, but they are in front of his throat and not anywhere near his chest.

So I'll tell you what I think happened, from experience and what little I know of the case...but I'll close to guarantee this is what went down...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Expert Medical Oppinion of Ambulance Photo
December 24, 2009, 09:36:42 PM
There was a topic on here,and they found out that that vein was just a light on his face, not vein at all....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The day I will stop loving you, is the day when I close my eyes forever!

Lorrie

December 24, 2009, 09:37:53 PM
Quote from: "mykidsmum"
Hi all, posted under the vein topic but had to post a new topic to make sure everyone got a chance to read it.... She also gave me a paragraph of what she thought happened to bring about his demise, but since this is a hoax forum, let me know if you would like to see what she had to say.
Thanks for starting a new thread with this info. I haven't read the other one, and your cousin's input makes a lot of sense.

I'd also love to hear her thoughts about what could have caused Michael's "death." If you don't want to include that in this thread, please feel free to PM me. Thanks again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 24, 2009, 10:18:41 PM
I'd like to hear what your cousin's opinion is too either via your post or you can PM me.... thanks for this info!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

December 24, 2009, 10:22:06 PM
If you look in the other nose thread there doesn't appear to be any tubing at all and would someone have a tube inserted for oxygen and still be on a hand squeezed bag for air?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

December 24, 2009, 10:38:03 PM
I really would like to hear what your cousin thinks as well.  I have to say though I'm not sure I have a good feeling about what it might be but I'm open to her opinion.
c[color=#408040

Thanks for posting.  Merry Christmas ;) [/color]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

December 24, 2009, 10:49:39 PM
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
If you look in the other nose thread there doesn't appear to be any tubing at all and would someone have a tube inserted for oxygen and still be on a hand squeezed bag for air?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
because the bag the man is squeezing is attached to the part that is sticking down his throught and does not cover his nose...the canula is under the nose... it is separate, maybe put on him before they intubated?  I don't know, but If you look at this pic you can see one part of the tube running on his left cheek with the white clip near his ear and the second tube on his forehead, which people were mistaking for a veinYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 24, 2009, 11:09:21 PM
From the picture you left  mykidsmum I can see the tubing you are talking about. Never paid much attention to this picture  before until you mentioned it. I've seen that tubing used a few times myself. Once on my dying daughter, another time on my husband when he suffered brain injury in an accident (for which he has now years later recovered) and twice on 2 of my kids who were born premature (one at 27 weeks and another at 32 weeks).

This does leave me with a question.  What does your cousin make of this then? To her is this photo legit and does she believe this really is Michael in a dire situation?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

December 24, 2009, 11:30:55 PM
Quote from: "Happy Feet"
From the picture you left  mykidsmum I can see the tubing you are talking about. Never paid much attention to this picture  before until you mentioned it. I've seen that tubing used a few times myself. Once on my dying daughter, another time on my husband when he suffered brain injury in an accident (for which he has now years later recovered) and twice on 2 of my kids who were born premature (one at 27 weeks and another at 32 weeks).

This does leave me with a question.  What does your cousin make of this then? To her is this photo legit and does she believe this really is Michael in a dire situation?
wow! Thank you for sharing! Life is precious and you have been thru a lot, my prayers are with you and yours. I too know a nose canula as my oldest son was born at 31 weeks. (happy and healthy now thanks God) I will take a moment and ask my cousin those questions and I will post her answer either here or under Expert Oppinion of Ambulance Pic 2.mykidsmum

Private message
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions