Re: PLEASE sign against this crime
November 25, 2011, 01:09:40 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Cruelty to innocent animals sickens my soul and it reflects the true nature of any society that condones it. Respect for ALL life on this planet should be taught to children from a young age but I fear this is not so. Much of the ritual torture we see is condoned, often by religious/cultural undertones (though here I believe it is simply a utilitarian action seen as a necessity like throwing away useless garbage, no feelings allowed). Could this be something to do with halting rabies and if so what is wrong with manadatory vaccinations/neutering?

It is not just puppies and it is happening all around the world. I recall a number of serious chilling atrocities including an asian video of dogs being skinned alive and thrown in a pile to die, the ocean turned blood red during an annual dolphin killing festival and not least, our Australian cattle being tortured to death in Indo abbatoirs to honour halal killing methods. Japanese whaling, it goes on and on. 

We should always stand up against such atrocities. In the cattle case the Australian govt closed down live exports until the situation was reviewed and the Indonesians cleaned up their act. A great victory for the people.

Go heartsong. INDEED BAN LIVE EXPORT!!!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

Delia

November 25, 2011, 05:33:39 AM
I signed too. It is extremely important to inform others, no matter the date, but the number of people that are aware.
Thanks Anna !

I was astonished by this news of Janet Jackson. Couldn*t believe my eyes !!!
Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 05:41:24 AM by Delia
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

November 25, 2011, 06:43:52 PM
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
November 25, 2011, 08:10:14 PM
I cannot believe what's happening and how this world turned out to be. Please, sign and give it to your loved ones and friends to sign against this crime. We have a too short time to get this right. It's been voted today

Signed      :cry:    :cry:   ....Thanks for this information...it's orrible....   :| :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
November 25, 2011, 09:49:09 PM
I signed twice. You can sign more than one time guys. Just use another email address.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 25, 2011, 11:37:01 PM
I signed.  It is horrible that any animal on this earth is treated like that.  Thanks Anna for posting this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

February 06, 2012, 08:06:03 PM
As is usual - that is NOT the entire truth!

HERE:
09 MAR 11 / 08:53:49
Romania Feels Hounded By Stray Dog Problem
Parliament is to debate a new law allowing the authorities to kill stray dogs, as numbers rocket in the capital to as many as 250,000.
Marian Chiriac Bucharest
Romania's parliament is to debate a law this week that will allow authorities to put down any stray dogs that are not adopted two weeks after being taken off the streets to a public shelter.

The law aims also to force dog owners to become more responsible for their pets, as well as to legalise foreign adoption of stray dogs.

"Romania has to adress the longstanding unsolved problem of stray dogs and our proposal is efficient and humane. The situation is out of control and has become a priority," MP Cornel Pieptea, one of the supporters of the law, said.

Animal rights advocates oppose the law, saying the best solution is to neuter and spay stray dogs.

"There is a problem, but sterilisation is the answer. We want the dogs on the street to be caught, neutered and then released," Raluca Simion, from the GIA animal rights organisation, said.

"The authorities should not be allowing dogs to be killed, but should force dog owners to become more responsible for their pets," Simion added.

Bucharest is home to a huge number of stray dogs. Estimates of the semi-feral population range anywhere from 40,000 to 250,000 dogs.

Officials say that 13,200 people, including 2,500 children, were bitten by dogs last year alone, though those numbers include bites by both strays and pets. One woman died in January after being mauled by a pack of dogs.

A law passed in 2008 bans killing strays. The dog problem, meanwhile, has continued to grow as efforts to spay and neuter the dogs and return them to the streets prove inefficient.

There is severe overcrowding at dog pounds, which lack the funding needed to build and run more shelters.

The problem of strays in Romania worsened in the late 1980s, when former communist dictator Nicolae Ceausescu ordered city officials to demolish a large proportion of the houses in Bucharest in order to build new tower blocks and boulevards.

Many dog owners simply abandoned their pets when they were forced to accept re-housing in flats, and the animals ran wild and multiplied.

So tell me: WHAT ARE THEY TO DO, without the proper funding, and shelters!?
If you don't want them to kill them - THEN YOU need to step up to the plate, and help FINANCE, and fix this mess.

Otherwise, holding them for 2 weeks before euthanization is sure better than what they do in CALIFORNIA!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal