SarahliTopic starter

Jermaine Jackson: Conrad Murray's 'sentencing was very soft'

By Andrea Reiher
November 8, 2011 10:05 PM ET
Follow @andrealeigh203 on TwitterTwitter

Michael Jackson's older brother Jermaine Jackson stops by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Wednesday (Nov. 9) to talk about the Conrad Murray verdict, in which he was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson's death.

Murray is currently being held in custody until his Tuesday, Nov. 29 sentencing when he could receive up to four years in prison. But Jermaine thinks he's already gotten off easy.

Ellen: "Do you think that [Michael] could of hidden the fact that he was addicted to something? Is that possible?"

Jermaine: "No, he wasn't addicted. There was an addiction to Demerol in 2001 in ... the early 2000s but that was because of pain. Even during the autopsy report there was no addiction to any of that. Michael just wanted to sleep. He did not want to die. He trusted the doctor and the negligence and everything.  It's really sad because we lost an incredible person. To see and hear the verdict ... My mother cried and we consoled her and the fans were cheering and everything but it's not bringing Michael back. We lost a brother."

Ellen: "No, nothing is going to bring him back but what would make you happier. What kind of sentence? What would at least help you feel better?"

Jermaine: "That's a good question. I think the sentencing was very soft. I mean, you would probably do more time if you stole. If you went into the hospital and stole cases of Propofol you would probably do more time then. And to give him two years for taking a life? Forget about Michael Jackson, but taking anyone's life. But it happens to be my brother who loved the world and loved people and did so much for the world ... He cared about people, human beings, children."

Ellen: "Well, clearly we all lost somebody great. That we all have feelings about and memories attached but the fact that a doctor, someone we trust like you said, could be allowed to ever possibly get their license back after something like that. That should just be a given that he would never be able to practice again. That should be at the very least. We would know that he would never be able to practice again."

[Ed.'s note: Conrad Murray has only been convicted so far, not sentenced. The sentencing happens Nov. 29]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

_Anna_

"To see and hear the verdict ... My mother cried and we consoled her and the fans were cheering and everything but it's not bringing Michael back. We lost a brother."

Again, and again and again the same phrase.

I will keep to myself everything I think about his family.

Only words. That's all. Interviews, concerts, books, self-promoting.
If my brother was dead and a supposed scapegoat was convicted with a sentence equal to nothing, I would turn the world upside down to find the murderer.
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:40:40 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SarahliTopic starter

"To see and hear the verdict ... My mother cried and we consoled her and the fans were cheering and everything but it's not bringing Michael back. We lost a brother."

If my brother was dead and a supposed scapegoat was convicted with a sentence equal to nothing, I would turn the world upside down to find the murderer.

Exactly IF it was the case, but it isn't. They have no other choice than say that for the moment. The Hoax is still going on Anna, things have yet to be revealed. Do you think that justice has been served yet for Michael? No and like Joe said recently "there's more".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

Ellen: "No, nothing is going to bring him back but what would make you happier. What kind of sentence? What would at least help you feel better?"

Jermaine: "That's a good question. I think the sentencing was very soft. I mean, you would probably do more time if you stole. If you went into the hospital and stole cases of Propofol you would probably do more time then. And to give him two years for taking a life? Forget about Michael Jackson, but taking anyone's life. But it happens to be my brother who loved the world and loved people and did so much for the world ... He cared about people, human beings, children."

I might have missed something... Murray could be sentence to 4 years in jail?? Why does Jermaine said that he was given 2 years??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I might have missed something... Murray could be sentence to 4 years in jail?? Why does Jermaine said that he was given 2 years??

I think he means this time period as an example...  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...I shudder seeing that I have to live without you!!! Come back soon! I love you, Michael! <3
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just watched Jermaine on Ellen and was blown away when he said in May '08 Michael and him were singing Michael's song Fly Away and laughing...
They Ellen ask him about what he thought about the verdict he goes on...and finally does say "to give him two years for taking a life?"
If this don't tell people this is a hoax slip up what does??????????????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Ana you know what they say actions speak louder then words.. You said it.. it is only words i can say anything I want but is it the truth? It could be as it can't.. So I suggest not only you, all of us to keep faith, Ts, and Front, whom I believe is the same person, is telling us the truth.. I am an intuitive person I do strongly believe in them.. At the begining because we had so many trolls, I was skeptical of Ts and Front back.. there should be a sideways LOL  not now.. So keep the faith and we shall be recompensed.. love and blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

all4loveandbelieve

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just watched Jermaine on Ellen and was blown away when he said in May '08 Michael and him were singing Michael's song Fly Away and laughing...
They Ellen ask him about what he thought about the verdict he goes on...and finally does say "to give him two years for taking a life?"
If this don't tell people this is a hoax slip up what does??????????????

first of all how does Jermaine know it is 2 yrs when the verdict will be on November 29.. and May 8 of which year??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
So Jermaine knows the sentence already, it's gonna be 2 years?...I wonder if that's the case, I guess we will have to wait till Nov 29th.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

paula-c

The November 29 confirm whether this is another slide of jermaine Or an error
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
2 years? So Jermaine already knows the sentence. If it is said on Nov 29th that the sentence is 2 years, then we will be sure that this was another clue from Jermaine and this is all a script. I already know that this is all a script written by Michael but it will be good for some of us to learn it for sure.   ::P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I saw all of that today and thought that it was definitely interesting how Jermaine seems to know now what the sentencing will be. Also, I thought his discussion about the "Fly Away" song was interesting - especially because he said that afterward everyone laughed and Michael asked if they were all going to come see him (at the O2).

Two other interesting things I noticed about his interview with Ellen.
1 - He said the last time he saw Michael was in May at a family gathering that they held FOR MICHAEL. Then he corrected himself to say that it was for his parents - but the first thing out of his mouth was that it was a gathering held "for Michael".
2 - I thought his decision to show the wheelchair picture of Michael was quite interesting considering the number of other photographs at his disposal. He made a point to explain to Ellen that Michael arranged for the whole thing to get back at the media - or give the media what they wanted, basically. The interview was wrapping up and Jermaine made a point to get that information out there to a wide audience.  ... Just thought that was "strange" - and if you look at Ellen's face, it seems she thought so, too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

He did/said it in case not everyone out there read his book/will actually buy it
and read it  :mrgreen:
I hope he'll do it again on another show, so more people will have
a chance to think about it, at least. Oh, and to be interested and to
buy his book of course  :mrgreen: Go Jermaine. I like Jermaine because I
like the ones saying Mike was not an addict, their voices are a bit muted
under media screams about "Michael the junkie"  :x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well this little interview was a great big hug of reassurance for me and just made my day !!!!   Thanks Jermaine   bearhug

Jermaine knows the script, 2 years oh really... the get together in May for Michael, I mean my parents just a tiny slip ... and mention of
the wheelchair hoax, come on, could there be any more hints ?!?!  hang on everyone !!

I was watching Ellen with a nonbeliever and she wouldn't have it, she doesn't take any of that to make her think he is alive and probably just wanted to tune me out. 

I really hope you come back Michael....they think I'm crazy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The righteous will possess the earth,
And they will live forever on it."
Psalm 37:29

Jermaine is such a bad liar....he leaves clues all over the place!  What did he mean by "There's going to be a wrongful death coming up........in September"  ????   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions