mjlovebug

Re: Mike is never going to come back....
January 15, 2010, 12:51:29 AM
Quote from: "gwynned"
We should all start sending money and L.O.V.E. to Haiti.

now that's a start does any one know were i can send my money to.

they need water,food and median, and money
if you don't have mony you can always send caned food from you cabinet. i know that i have food that i don't need
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

January 15, 2010, 02:20:56 AM
I just received the following email from a dear friend re:  Haiti

The devastation on the gound in Haiti is truly horrifying.  I strongly recommend that the best way to help is through Paul Farmer's organization Partners in Health.  He is one of the saints of this world and he has a great organization.  Just google "Paul Farmer Haiti"  to read up.  

I did google Paul Farmer and found this in an article today about the organization:

Partners in Health is one of the leading organizations bringing emergency relief to Haiti. It is a Boston-based nonprofit founded by Paul Farmer, one of the world's leading figures in the area of public health and international aid.

For a time Obama considered Farmer for director of the U.S. Agency for International Development, the arm of the State Department responsible for foreign aid.

Farmer's work in Haiti was chronicled in a book by Tracy Kidder, "Mountains Beyond Mountains," which showed that success is possible even in impoverished places like Haiti through true partnerships with the people. One hopes that the U.S. reconstruction effort in Haiti is guided by principles pioneered by Farmer.

There is much that can go wrong with international nation-building efforts, and nation-building is exactly what will have to happen in Haiti. Corruption and self-dealing can undermine the most well-intentioned international effort. So can donor nations who fashion solutions without involving those whom they seek to help.

The immediate need in Haiti is for rescue and relief for people trapped under rubble or cast into the streets without food, water or medical care. Partners in Health was already "leveraging" the efforts of 120 doctors and 500 nurses and appealing for more medical personnel, especially with knowledge of French or Haitian Creole.

Here's the link where there is a button for donations:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I pledge $100.  Anyone else care to pledge?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

January 15, 2010, 07:48:51 AM
The truth is that images that are watched on television, on the devastation of Haiti are really moving, nature strikes hardest at the poorest people.
I feel a combination of rage and pain when looking at these pictures and remember the history of this poor people, who between Invacion, coups and natural disasters could never get ahead.
Once more the large island in the Caribbean, Haiti, this suffering one of the worst tragedy in its history. The earthquake that rocked our brother people placed again in the great press political headlines. Haiti pain is a cumulative pain in time as debems settle morally and materially
That island to this ravaged by an earthquake of seven degrees, was until the end of the 18th century the wealthiest Caribbean under the yoke space of French colonialism where the Parisian elite essay laws as the black code administrator Colbert to regulate forced labour, prohibition of the mixture of races, promoted racism and the more serious, the extermination of Africans and their descendants with the forced labour of Sun Sun. This situation brought in 1791, in the Bay of Bois Caiman, pòximo to Port au Prince a priestess of spirituality Vudu surrounded by extraordinary Maroons as Boukman, invoked the ancestors to start the great rebellion that would have targeted delete the pans of human hell expressed in the pans of sugar plantations where almost half million children, women and men were being exploited. Thus begins a major rebellion that ends thirteen years later with the triumph of the Haitian revolution that acabò with the slave, the colonial slave system and proposed a different model American and French independence model.
When we say that the independence of Venezuela was born in Haiti, we are reaffirming that without Haiti to Venezuela
you would have been nearly impossible to achieve independence. Venezuela was supported morale, military, material, economic and humanely by the honorable Haitian people, only a change of freedom of the enslaved to gemian under the yoke of slavery.
               This gesture in this tragedy there Haiti should be remembered.            Haiti was later invaded in successive opportunities by us in complicity with the Duvalier dictatorship and the subsequent coup against President elected freely Beltrand Aristide in 2004 when that country following its 200 years of independence
    Everyone should organizarce in their workplace, home and work with Haiti.
At work we're organized and we are all working together, also in the building where I live, is not so hard, the poorest country in the Americas we need.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions