~Souza~

Re: "ALLEGED VICTIM" ? MICHAEL J JACKSON
November 08, 2011, 12:27:34 PM
I thought it's strange they name the victim at all. I have not heard before that they do that, they just refer to the count and don't name the specific victim. The addition of 'alleged' here should start ringing some bells for people, but I think that if Mike would have walked into that courtroom himself, saying it was all a hoax, they wouldn't even have noticed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2011, 06:46:08 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
PEARL J TWEETED THIS VIDEO FROM TMZ. THE LADY READS VERDICT CALLING MICHAEL 'ALLEGED' VICTIM ISTEAD OF PROVED VICTIM.... VERY ODD!

When I heard the clerk say that I figured it would get you all going.  First, let me say that I taught for about six years and language was my primary focus.  My daughter says when she's taking a language related test that she's keeps thinking about the things I "pounded" into her head.  Second, Pearl Jr. is not the greatest example to listen to regarding anything language related.   She butchers the language and at times hurts my ears.  I have to say though that she seems to be a better lately.  Anywho - the word "alleged"  has many meanings aside from those that we hear regularly and are most familiar with ...that's a fact.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

November 09, 2011, 10:37:27 AM
Here is one definition of 'alleged.' 

presumed: asserted but not yet proven to have taken place, have been committed, or be as described

So, we can say the death has not been proven to have taken place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2011, 11:12:56 AM
"Alleged victim" is normally used say before trial and before verdict.
I'm not sure it can be used after conviction/verdict.
That's why Nov.29 will be interesting.
I thought after jurors decided "guilty", the whole thing stops being "alleged",
but maybe it's verdict that actually changes "alleged victim" to just "victim" etc.
It's different in my country, so it's hard to judge.
Anyone from US with a relative who is attorney or maybe a law student?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

November 09, 2011, 11:16:23 AM
Adrian, I don't know, but neither in OJ's trial, nor in Casey Anthony case, nor in any other case I went and watched on youtube I heard "alleged victim" while reading the verdict. It was "victim".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

November 09, 2011, 11:50:27 AM
Alleged=not proven in a court of law.

So MJ's death is not proven in a court of law, and his death occurring on 6/25/09 is not proven in a court of law either. Plain and simple, end of deliberations.

Murray was convicted of manslaughtering someone who's death is only alleged. How's that for fucked up stuff the general public doesn't notice?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

November 09, 2011, 12:31:44 PM
Alleged=not proven in a court of law.

So MJ's death is not proven in a court of law, and his death occurring on 6/25/09 is not proven in a court of law either. Plain and simple, end of deliberations.

Murray was convicted of manslaughtering someone who's death is only alleged. How's that for fucked up stuff the general public doesn't notice?

You hit the nail on the head! Also, did anyone else notice that when HLN, played the trial on t.v., they always said "there's the Great Seal of the State of California, folks" during every single court beak? After I heard that over a hundred times, I noticed that the seal they showed on T.V. had 32 stars on it. So I paused the t.v. and counted the stars. The real Seal of California has 31 stars as it was the 31st state that became part of the union/USA.

I just walked out of a courtroom yesterday (stupid traffic tickets  :cry:) and there were 31 stars on the seal behind the judges desk. This was not a real trial IMO!

:mrgreen:
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:33:52 PM by traceys_home
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

November 09, 2011, 01:45:55 PM
Slightly off topic, but seeing as the seal with 32 stars has been brought up, does anyone know if anyone got a proper answer from the court when they were phoning about it last week?  Last I heard a nice lady was going to call back!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

November 10, 2011, 11:18:38 PM
Another odd thing, they said "alleged victim Michael Joseph Jackson"   BUT I just started reading Jermaine's book "You are not alone" and I just read last night that he said somehow it circulated that his middle name was Joseph  BUT that it was really Joe. /pull hair/  I would think that of all places, a court of law would have your name straight.

And here's something else I'm aching to throw in here, Judge Pastor looked phony with his exagerated smilling all the time.    Smile for the camera!!   /judge/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 11, 2011, 12:05:13 AM
Another odd thing, they said "alleged victim Michael Joseph Jackson"   BUT I just started reading Jermaine's book "You are not alone" and I just read last night that he said somehow it circulated that his middle name was Joseph  BUT that it was really Joe. /pull hair/  I would think that of all places, a court of law would have your name straight.

And here's something else I'm aching to throw in here, Judge Pastor looked phony with his exagerated smilling all the time.    Smile for the camera!!   /judge/

I noticed the name as well! You would think for such a 'serious' trial on the death of MJ, they would use his correct, official name. I had not picked up on 'alleged' being used yet but will have another look later.

Catherine23
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Look to heaven, an angel appears; to love and protect us, through all of our tears

August 08, 2012, 03:58:03 PM
Just compare this verdict to MJs > no alleged victim, no alleged date.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions