Re: The New Forum Lay-out and Features
November 05, 2011, 06:35:55 PM
Souza I sent you a message through your inbox.  You can ignore that!  After much patients I was able to get to this topic and found all the good advice that you had left for us.  It is still very slow in loading, but IE seems to works very well on all of the other sites we frequent.  Since this hoax requires patients, then I will be patient with the pages loading.  I do love the layout!  Great job!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
November 05, 2011, 08:02:06 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Someone voted 'I never had problems loading but forum is slow for me now' without leaving a comment. If you don't explain what your problem is, I won't be able to help.

Sorry, I've just seen your post and it was hard for me to find this thread. I was the one who voted for that. The forum is slower for me now but I can deal with it. I use Chrome but tried it on IE and Firefox but it is slower on them. The homepage is confusing to me, hiding side bars, finding recent posts etc. It shows all of the last posts even if they were made to the same thread. I don't know actually how to tell it. I use 'Show Unread posts since last visit' to view the recent posts. That works better for me. I'm not using the homepage.

When I click on NEW next to recent posts, it brings me to the last post that was made in that thread. In the old one, it was taking us to the last post we read on a thread. I need to scroll back and find where I was on this one. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

November 05, 2011, 08:49:14 PM
Souza I do not want to be a pessimist and I do not want to demean your work, I know you have worked so hard in fixing this forum and time consuming. I need to tell you that the homepage is so confusing, I cannot find the threads as easily as the old one. The other homepage we could have seen the threads so easily.. for me it is too crowded too much writing on the homepage. If you can find a solution to facilitate this for us it would be greatly appreciated. I  thank you for all your hard work..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

~Souza~Topic starter

November 06, 2011, 04:57:30 PM
@Grace, yoyu can hide the top and bottom bars just like the sidebars. The socal network apps have been here before I did the fresh install. The moment you enter the world wide web, you are in 'danger', including the links we all click on this site. If you are afraid for your personal info, you should take precautions yourself.

As for the recent topics: see homepage. If you people get recent topics, you want recent posts, if you get recent posts, you want recent topics. You have them both now, so I assume it's finally satisfying for you all. Some of you are already so freaked out over a few forum changes, that I am concerned about how freaked you all might get when bigger things will change.

Anything else I missed? Sorry, have been a little busy with other things that need my attention more now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
November 06, 2011, 07:39:10 PM
@Grace, yoyu can hide the top and bottom bars just like the sidebars. The socal network apps have been here before I did the fresh install. The moment you enter the world wide web, you are in 'danger', including the links we all click on this site. If you are afraid for your personal info, you should take precautions yourself.

As for the recent topics: see homepage. If you people get recent topics, you want recent posts, if you get recent posts, you want recent topics. You have them both now, so I assume it's finally satisfying for you all. Some of you are already so freaked out over a few forum changes, that I am concerned about how freaked you all might get when bigger things will change.

Anything else I missed? Sorry, have been a little busy with other things that need my attention more now.

You added the Recent Updated Topics which is fabulous. Thank you!  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
November 07, 2011, 02:03:08 AM
I liked the old layout better.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

November 09, 2011, 11:57:30 AM

We cannot hide the bottom java toolbar with the "Who's online".
The facebook apps etc. only got visible again because I had to switch to other browers than Mozilla Firefox in a try and error attempt to get back on the forum without any dumps. I finally got around my technical issues which took me two days of install, deinstall and workaround. These additionally required efforts were reason of letting out some steam.

Still, I see no necessity for the social network links and trackers. They will not generate any new user traffic but only search engine traffic. Who wants to find the forum will find it already being on top of the respective key word search lists. In some countries, use of facebook like / link buttons is already subject of court because the owner / admin of a homepage is responsible for data transfer to those trackers. Facebook being integrated in layout proposals does not mean it is ok, legal or technically or organizationally necessary. Maybe the U.S. are a different web territory but it would be more than interesting to hear an up-to-date expert on international internet on this. Just throwing this in for reflections. Open for any discussion on it. I know you both care a lot about the users on the board. The more because we KNOW what this application does not serve for I think we may consider being careful about the use of it.

Only Mozilla Firefox offers a reasonable variety of data safety and privacy add-ons. None of the other browsers can secure data protection to this level. There are some members who are not so technically savvy to protect themselves well. Knowing this and knowing what to install and what not to use, I offered my concerns about some features of this site.

I don't like these features, I know how to protect myself, I do. Others don't. That's why I mentioned it again.
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:59:30 AM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

curls

November 09, 2011, 12:50:51 PM
A lot seems to have gone back to how it was! Sidebar thingies have gone for starters.  Was this what you were doing the day after the verdict Souza?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2011, 12:55:28 PM
I love the forum..esp with that side bar!!

I do still wish each comment had a "like" or "agree" button though  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

November 09, 2011, 08:29:25 PM
I can't seem to upload an avatar now. Nor can I get the avatar by url to show up even tho the site says my avatar has been successfully changed. This only happened since yesterday for me when I decided I needed a change of picture which was after the site was down for maintenance.  Any help welcome, or RK will have to remain a bland, colourless white box. /overreacting/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

November 10, 2011, 12:10:08 PM
Disregard my earlier post Souza...as you can see I worked out what I was doing wrong.  :-[
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hilde

November 12, 2011, 06:08:08 PM
Hey Souza,

I really like the new forum layout, its all clear to me. Thank you for you're hard work! I'll appreciated it very much.
Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:54:29 AM by Morgenstern
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Katie2

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality
December 11, 2011, 03:24:29 PM
I can't seem to upload an avatar now. Nor can I get the avatar by url to show up even tho the site says my avatar has been successfully changed. This only happened since yesterday for me when I decided I needed a change of picture which was after the site was down for maintenance.  Any help welcome, or RK will have to remain a bland, colourless white box. /overreacting/

Hey don't diss the bland colourless white boxes :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 15, 2011, 04:18:00 AM
I am loving the snow  penguin/ (how can I get this on my website?), but I am finding that I have to scroll for miles across the page to read each post. I have a decent size monitor so I don't think that is the problem.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

December 15, 2011, 04:21:37 AM
I am loving the snow  penguin/ (how can I get this on my website?), but I am finding that I have to scroll for miles across the page to read each post. I have a decent size monitor so I don't think that is the problem.  :?

I can't tell you how to get it on your site, unless you have an SMF forum.

I don't know about the scrolling, seems like your page doesn't wrap the text as it should. bec had the same problem, while having the same screen resolution. You can set your theme back to the default one on the homepage to solve the problem. It only means you will not have the christmas theme anymore (but you will still have the snow).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions