PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Janet Jackson Wants to Experience Broadway
October 15, 2011, 05:18:42 PM
Janet Jackson Wants to Experience Broadway

In a recent interview, singer Janet Jackson noted that there's one thing that she still hasn't had the chance to do within her career: Broadway.

The younger sister of the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson, Janet is just shy of the top ten best-selling female artists in the US with over 100 million records sold. Though not as established as an actress, she has appeared in a handful of movies in the past few years - most recently "For Colored Girls" and "Why Did I Get Married Too?" - and would like to expand that experience to include theater as well as more acting roles.

"I want to experience that someday. I want to make more films - I've just made a producer's agreement with Lionsgate because music will always be a part of my life," the 44-year-old tells Fanshare.

This isn't the first time Jackson has mentioned Broadway; in 1998 she told Robert Hilburn of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette "I'm crazy about Broadway...that's what I grew up on." Early this year, she also was quoted as saying: "It would be fun to be on Broadway. There is a whole different discipline to that schedule and I would like to experience it."

Jackson recently achieved number one iTunes status with her performance of "Nothing," written and produced by her in association with Johnta Austin, Bryan-Michael Cox and Jermaine Dupri for the film "Why Did I Get Married Too?" for which she also starred. The tune is currently an awards contender as best song in a motion picture. Her recent book "True You" was published by Karen Hunter Publishing, an imprint of Gallery Books at Simon & Schuster, and was released in February.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions