~Souza~Topic starter

TMZ Full Recap Part 27 - July 2011
September 06, 2011, 11:33:01 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
7/1/2011 11:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Aaron Carter's rep claims the singer NEVER told an entertainment reporter Michael Jackson gave him cocaine and alcohol when he was 15 years old ... and says the reporter COMPLETELY FABRICATED the story.

The controversy stems from an article that ran in OK! Magazine in Australia, written by international journalist Daphne Barak. In the article, Carter was quoted as saying, "Yes, [MJ] gave me wine. I mean, I could have refused, but I was 15. As for drugs? He gave me cocaine."

But Carter's rep tells TMZ, "Nothing was said that was reported" ... and directed us toward a YouTube video of the interview with Barak ... which seems to back up Aaron's side of the story.

UPDATE: A rep for Barak tells TMZ, "Aaron Carter told Daphne Barak in his lengthy interview in Spain, that Michael Jackson gave him alcohol and cocaine while he was 15. He also said that Michael invited him to sleep in his room, and when Aaron woke up at 5:00 AM, he found Michael on his bed."

7/4/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Michael Jackson estate has dropped the hammer on the man who famously crank called MJ in 2007 ... claiming he has NO RIGHT to sell the recording because it contains MJ's REAL voice.

The call was made by legendary prankster Ralphige -- who has fooled the likes of Donald Trump, Paris Hilton, and Chris Brown. 

During the MJ call, Ralphige pretended to be Akon ... and he teased Michael about molesting children. MJ claimed Ralphige was NOT talking to the real Michael Jackson ... but merely an impersonator.   

Now, the MJ Estate is acknowledging that the King of Pop REALLY WAS pranked -- because they've threatened to sue Ralphige for selling the recording on his website for 99 cents a pop ... without permission from MJ's camp.

The threat worked -- because Ralphige's site is down ... but the prankster sees a silver lining ... telling us, "The letter, if anything, it at least proves to the doubters that the prank call is real."

He adds, "I am afraid the estate is not aware Michael personally gave me permission to release the phone call. This is something that I am sure will be discussed in the near future."

7/12/2011 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two paparazzi were handcuffed by cops after allegedly blowing red lights while chasing Michael Jackson's daughter, Paris Jackson ... TMZ has learned.

The photogs -- not TMZ -- were allegedly chasing the car Paris was in, blowing red lights and driving recklessly, trying to get a shot of MJ's daughter.

We're told the cops are not going to arrest the photogs because police didn't see the chase.  In fact, they will not even be cited for the same reason.

Instead, we're told a crime report will be written and forwarded to the L.A. City Attorney for possible prosecution.

UPDATE: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, cops have decided NOT to refer the incident to prosecutors due to insufficient evidence ... but Paris is still free to sue in civil court.

7/20/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lawyers for Conrad Murray told the trial judge they don't want  Nancy Grace to pull a "Casey Anthony" on the jury -- so they asked the judge to prohibit jurors from watching her.

Attorney Michael Flanagan argued that it was impractical to tell jurors they can't watch TV - because they simply will.  So Flanagan asked Judge Michael Pastor to sequester the jury, O.J. style.  The judge told Flanagan to file a motion and he'd consider it, although the judge did say he thought sequestering was both unnecessary and too expensive.

Flanagan pressed his claim for outtakes from the "This Is It" rehearsals -- something Sony doesn't want to cough up.  Sources tell us ... Flanagan wants the outtakes to show there were periods where Michael Jackson appeared to be on drugs. 

In a telling comment, Judge Pastor said, "This case is going to focus on the charge, not personal lifestyle."

7/25/2011 1:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson tells TMZ she knows of NO evidence to support the conspiracy theory that people connected with the Michael Jackson Estate killed the singer.

A number of people, including LaToya Jackson, have suggested there was a conspiracy to kill Michael.

Katherine tells TMZ ... "It is only natural for people who loved Michael, including family members, to be suspicious about the circumstances surrounding Michael’s untimely death. So far I have not seen one shred of evidence that anyone associated with Michael’s estate conspired to kill him.

She continues, "If such evidence ever comes to my attention I will be the first to bring those facts to light.  No one loved Michael more than I loved him, but no one should be falsely accused, as Michael was, of a crime they did not commit."

7/25/2011 10:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The judge in the Michael Jackson manslaughter trial just undercut a big part of the defense, by ruling 16 hours of rehearsal footage for the "This Is It" tour doesn't show MJ to be in poor health.

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers wanted the outtakes to prove Jackson was very ill in the days before his death.  The argument goes -- he was already dying, so Dr. Murray can't be held responsible for his death.

But Judge Michael Pastor ruled ... the outtakes were valuable to Sony Pictures -- which objected to turning over the footage -- and the video did not show MJ in poor health.

If the hours of video show a healthy Michael, it undercuts a major line of defense for Murray.

7/25/2011 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine and Randy Jackson are DEAD SET against the Michael Jackson tribute concert announced today by members of the Jackson family ... calling it "inappropriate" and "ill-timed."

Katherine, La Toya, Jackie, Tito and Marlon all attended a press conference today to announce the show in Cardiff, Wales on October 8. Katherine said it would be a "world-class event."

But Jermaine and Randy don't see it that way -- releasing their own statement against the concert, saying, "We find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death ... We feel it is inappropriate to be involved with such an ill-timed event."

As of now, tickets go on sale August 4. The family has not announced who will be performing at the show.

Bad timing?
62% Yes
38% No
Total Votes: 41,917

7/29/2011 9:25 AM PDT BY JOHNNY LOPEZ

Mila Kunis now has something in common with Michael Jackson besides at one time having a close relationship with Macaulay Culkin ... they both have a penchant for hanging out on balconies in the same hotel.

On Thursday, the "Friends with Benefits" star was spotted on a Hotel Adlon balcony in Berlin -- which is the same hotel where Michael infamously dangled his son Blanket back in 2002.

She's bad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions