_Anna_Topic starter

Dangerous 1998 autograph
September 02, 2011, 04:56:51 PM
This has always bugged me, I try to find the original Dangerous autograph, the one with the code and 1998, and I don't find it anywhere but here on the forum. Does anyone know this particular autograph before 2009? Do we know for sure this is authentic and not fake? We don't see his signature either, just the code. How do we even know it's Michael's?I don't find it anywhere else but here, if I search on google. Do we have a proof it's authentic? This thought hasn't left my head since day one, because anyone could have written the code and put in on the internet. The fact that I don't find it anywhere else but here is deffinitelly strange.

Does anyone know where can we find a source of this? It's impossible to not be anywhere on the internet. When I search, the only source that appears is the hoax forum. The rest of 1998 codes are just with 3 zeros and an arrow, and those are many. But this particular one with the code is nowhere.

A lot of things are tied to this code, and the only one who showed it to us was TS, and he also was the one who explained the code. Where did he find it? Has anyone seen it before? Please, if you can help me.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:25:20 PM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Re: Dangerous 1998 autograph
September 02, 2011, 05:40:17 PM
The problem is that out of about 243,000 results, Google only shows a few dozen, so there is no way to find out this way.

I do know that TS originally redirected to the Lipstick Alley forum, where it was posted, but I think they changed the forum, because the original link doesn't work anymore. I am not a member there, so I can't search the board, but here is the screenshot of the redirect:

I might have a bigger one, but I am afraid that one was on my old laptop.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

September 02, 2011, 05:44:32 PM
I think the problem with finding the Dangerous autograph code on anywhere but hoax sites is because nobody understood it or it's significance before June 25th, 2009.  I remember seeing the autograph code years before 1998 and wondering why he was signing it that way because it wasn't 1998 yet.  I remember the arrow and 0s or 6s underneath as well.  I remember it from at least the early 90s, when I was a kid and of course I didn't get it. The explanation I had read at the time was that Michael had seen a psychic who predicted his death at the age of 40, the age John Lennon was when he was killed.  This psychic supposedly told Michael the only way to prevent himself from being killed was to add "1998" after his autograph - the year Michael would turn 40.  Whether this explanation has any truth or not, I wouldn't know.  But maybe there was a need to explain the 1998 before it was 1998 to satisfy people's curiosity without giving away the real reason - which wasn't meant to be figured out before the hoax.  But since the hoax, the autograph suddenly has so much more significance and shows the hoax plan goes back years. 

I'm not sure if this helps you Anna but the code was definitely out there before the hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_Topic starter

September 02, 2011, 05:46:39 PM
Thank you for the screen shot.
But still, how did it appear and who was the one who posted it? I'm trying to find the source, as I always want to be sure, and also with this autograph, that it's really authentic. Do you remember what that person said when he/she posted it on that forum? Where did they get it from?

@Andrea I know the autographs with 1998 and the arrow too, before 2009, but this particular one with the code (1998 arrow 666/or 000 ^ : 4), no.
Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:50:15 PM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_Topic starter

September 03, 2011, 01:23:05 AM
The problem is that out of about 243,000 results, Google only shows a few dozen, so there is no way to find out this way.

I do know that TS originally redirected to the Lipstick Alley forum, where it was posted, but I think they changed the forum, because the original link doesn't work anymore. I am not a member there, so I can't search the board, but here is the screenshot of the redirect:

I might have a bigger one, but I am afraid that one was on my old laptop.

Is there any possibility you could please find the bigger print screen so I could see the name of the user  and the thread he posted in? I really try to find it on that forum, as I made an account but it's huge and I've been searching and I don't find it.
Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:06:02 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

September 03, 2011, 02:12:30 PM
Well I didn't find the larger screen print, but I found something better: a picture of the whole thing. It was uploaded on a fan's Photobucket account (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

As far as I can see it was on ebay, but I can't see when. As far as I remember it was right after his death, but I am not sure.

Edit: the link to ebay was posted on MJKIT on September 19th, but the link doesn't work anymore of course.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (scroll down a little).

That's all I could find, hope it helps.

Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:15:23 PM by ~Souza~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_Topic starter

September 03, 2011, 02:39:30 PM
Hey, thanks a lot!
Wow, yes, it helps a lot.

By the way, it's written: Mid West B.... of Illinois.  Does anyone understand the B word?
Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:43:32 PM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

September 03, 2011, 02:51:57 PM
Hey, thanks a lot!
Wow, yes, it helps a lot.

By the way, it's written: Mid West B.... of Illinois.  Does anyone understand the B word?

Bunch? I have no clue.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

September 03, 2011, 02:54:07 PM
Well anyways, looks pretty authentic to me. Not that I had doubts about that though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_Topic starter

September 03, 2011, 03:13:25 PM
Well, I had doubts. Because I couldn't find it anywhere else since it appeared and either another photo of that code. Yes, it looks authentic
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

September 03, 2011, 09:47:11 PM
Looks like Mid West Branch of Illinois.

Branch of what I have no idea. But it makes sense in context.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

flory24

September 18, 2012, 10:47:51 AM
i google Mid West Branch an i find this:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I`m alive and I`m here forever!

September 18, 2012, 08:01:21 PM
Wow Souza......that link you provided for the great photo, the photobucket link...did you see the other photos listed there?  They are all very interesting...
and a really beautiful quote about stained glass at the end...it's this link:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions