everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Michael Jackson gig organiser defends Cardiff tribute
Page last updated at 13:13 GMT, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 14:13 UK
Interview by Debbie Randle, words by Del Crookes

The organiser of the Michael Jackson tribute concert is defending the event saying that they have the "overwhelming majority" of his family behind them.
It's after opposition from Jermaine and Randy Jackson, who say the concert shouldn't go ahead because it will clash with Conrad Murray's trial.
Michael Jackson's former doctor is accused of involuntary manslaughter.
"There's nothing in this. It's not something to get excited about," said Chris Hunt from Global Live Events.
"The notion that an event which reminds people just how fantastic Michael Jackson was, what a loss he was to the world he is, what a great singer, a great performer he was, should be inappropriate - it doesn't compute, it doesn't make sense."
'Proper tribute'
Jermaine and Randy Jackson also say Global Live has "mishandled" the booking as well as "misjudging" the event's timing.
Rock band Kiss were dropped from the bill after over comments made by Gene Simmons. During a magazine interview last year the bassist said Michael Jackson was a child abuser.

I think what's happened is that there's been a campaign, which some of them have listened to and haven't heard our responses to it yet
Chris Hunt's response to fans

The singer was cleared of child molestation in 2005.
Chris Hunt says all the criticism about the concert is understandable but wrong.
"They were saying that it was a pity that there had not been a big scale, proper tribute to Michael.
"We began to think, 'Why don't we try and do one.' LaToya was the lead one but there were other family members around as well.
"There are two that aren't so happy. I don't wish to be ungenerous to anyone. I have the greatest respect for Jermaine, who I've met a number of times.
"He did a couple of times announce that he was going to organise a concert like this and then wasn't unable to do so. So I suppose it's a little understandable."
'No worries'
A coalition of 35 fan communities has since written an open letter to the concert organisers asking for the event to be cancelled.
But Chris Hunt says they haven't heard all the facts.

"We have the greatest respect for the fans," he said. "We've been listening to the fans.
"I think what's happened is that there's been a campaign, which some of them have listened to and haven't heard our responses to it yet.
"This concert will sell out either very quickly or quickly. We have no worries about it at all."
The Michael Forever concert takes place at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on 8 October.
Artists confirmed to be taking part include Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Cee Lo Green, JLS, Alexandra Burke and Beyonce, who will perform via satellite.
Speaking to Newsbeat about the controversy surrounding the concert, Alexandra Burke said: "I definitely think it should go ahead, but it's not up to me. I think the family should decide amongst themselves."
She added: "I've got three weeks of rehearsals booked in [for the concert] because I'm trying to make sure I do these songs justice."
Michael Jackson died in June 2009 aged 50 while rehearsing for his This Is It UK tour. Conrad Murray has pleaded not guilty to the involuntary manslaughter charge, arguing he did not cause the singer's death.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

"There are two that aren't so happy. I don't wish to be ungenerous to anyone. I have the greatest respect for Jermaine, who I've met a number of times.
"He did a couple of times announce that he was going to organise a concert like this and then wasn't unable to do so. So I suppose it's a little understandable."
'No worries'

So he's insinuating it is just sour grapes on Jermaine's part....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

'No worries'

So he's insinuating it is just sour grapes on Jermaine's part....

Mmmm, the way how it is said by Mr. Hunt you get that impression. Unnecessary though, jmo. His comment is based on an assumption. As far as we know the reason of Jermaine's opposition is because of the trial. There might be more reasons behind Jermaine's opposition, though it is easy to speculate. Speculations make the news less valuable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

suspicious mind

i kind of checked out this cee lo green persons twitter when he was first brought up. seems he follows some  errrr  interesting folks, including this nikki sticks person who i think was mentioned here made the same kind of comments regarding michael and children.( if i am not mistaken).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.

"There's nothing in this. It's not something to get excited about," said Chris Hunt from Global Live Events.

:lol: He said it all. There's nothing to get excited about the trial. :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:lol: He said it all. There's nothing to get excited about the trial. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: lolol/
 penguin/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Don't know if this has already been touched on, but perhaps one purpose of the Tribute fiasco--particularly the scheduling conflict--is to bring more attention to the TRIAL, bring it front and center on the world stage as a result of fans' very public reaction to the tribute scheduling. :idea:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Don't know if this has already been touched on, but perhaps one purpose of the Tribute fiasco--particularly the scheduling conflict--is to bring more attention to the TRIAL, bring it front and center on the world stage as a result of fans' very public reaction to the tribute scheduling. :idea:

Good point. I have a feeling that the trial has much more significance than the tribute. Thats why the family is divided, so that we won't be on just one side. Trial or Tribute? Michael had a fair day in court, but did not have justice done for his name, privacy or freedom. I hope they put it all out on the table for the world to see. This is long overdue. Michael Joe Jackson is Innocent of all charges. not because of his status but because the truth cannot be denied when its in your face.
Proud of you MJ for standing up for yourself!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Starchild
Don't know if this has already been touched on, but perhaps one purpose of the Tribute fiasco--particularly the scheduling conflict--is to bring more attention to the TRIAL, bring it front and center on the world stage as a result of fans' very public reaction to the tribute scheduling.

While they’re grabbing the world’s attention by creating a supposed controversy and big fight, they can slip in information of the real wrongs done to Michael and the truth about his innocent pure love for children and all people of the world that should be held high in honor.  Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down!!

This Chris Hunt, appears to me, to be very patronizing to his critics, pushing concerns off like they are nothing with “No worries” and “It doesn’t make sense”, and I agree with reveron1958 that he is implying Jermaine was inept in not getting 2 other concerts off the ground and that’s why he’s against it (rude!). He downplays the significance of the trial “nothing…to get excited about”, though he defends MJ innocence which is good. This is all a recipe for a serious backlash IMO. But maybe just what’s needed for the hoax cause! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

She added: "I've got three weeks of rehearsals booked in [for the concert] because I'm trying to make sure I do these songs justice."
The three weeks[ 7+7+7] and the word justice jumped out at me from this article.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions