all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

By Tim Kenneally at TheWrap
Mon Aug 8, 2011 11:55am EDT
Kenny Ortega will direct the upcoming  "Dirty Dancing" remake, Lionsgate said Monday.

The move is something of a cinematic homecoming for Ortega, who served as choreographer for the original 1987 film.

More recently, Ortega directed the Michael Jackson documentary "This Is It," as well as "High School Musical." Ortega will also co-produce the movie with Debra Martin Chase.

"We believe that the timing couldn’t be better to modernize this story on the big screen, and we are proud to have Kenny Ortega at the helm.” said Joe Drake, president of Lionsgate’s Motion Picture Group.

Also read: Lionsgate's Surprise Social Media Star: 'Dirty Dancing' and Its 9.4M Friends

Saying that the "Dirty Dancing" directing gig "is like returning home for me," Ortega added, "I am looking forward to assembling a great creative team and an exciting cast to bring 'Dirty Dancing' to the screen for a new generation."

Lionsgate is currently in negotiations with Eleanor Bergstein, who wrote and co-produced of the original film, to sign on in a producer's capacity.

The original 1987 movie, which starred Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in the coming-of-age tale, has remained a popular property for Lionsgate. The Facebook page for the movie has racked up an astounding 9.4 million fans as of May, prompting the studio to think of new ways to exploit the title, including a possible online video game. The film is also one of the most popular titles in Lionsgate's catalog, having sold more than 10 million units on DVD.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Would you think Michael is directing  Dirty Dancing with Ortega?? I say YES
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Do we really need another Dirty Dancing movie?  Why mess with perfection?  That movi is a classic.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

~Souza~

No no no no no Kenny! I love you but PLEASE don't do a Dirty Dancing remake!  bow/ bow/ Dirty Dancing with today's music would be horrific and would turn from 'dirty' to 'vulgar'. I vote NO! I love that movie, it's perfect the way it is (and MAN did I have a crush on Patrick!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

We can give a vote of confidence to Kenny Ortega,.. but please as say De Souza not to use the shit music today
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guys, listen up, if Michael will direct this movie with Ortega, it will be better then the original one.. Give it a chance, once it will come out you will see it is Michaelish movie.. sexy like he is.. I have a huge feeling about this ... Souza I had a crush on Patrick too, what a honk...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

~Souza~

I don't care who will direct it, it's a classic. It has 9.4 million friends on Facebook because it's still appreciated by many. If it would have 0 friends, it might have been a good idea to remake it, but there is no need for a remake. And btw: I don't think MJ is behind it. It's not like MJ is behind anything Kenny does, Kenny has a career of his own and shocker maybe, but he also does things without MJ, like Dirty Dancing the original, which is perfect the way it is...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Souza, you are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. I do agree that Dirty Dancing is a classic. Tell me something, how sure are you that Michael is not behind it? You seem to know.. can you please share this with us? He could be as much as he won't be part of  it.  Since Ortega is in the hoax, and since Michael always wanted to be a director, what better then working anonymously, no one will suspect it is Michael. Anyways this is my opinion...    
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

RK

I just don't see how a remake could be any better. And who could take it up a level from Patrick Swayze, God rest his soul. Maybe they think if they freshen it up that they can reach a new younger audience, and it will probably make a s--t load of money, but as for artistry, well...I don't think it could be improved upon.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Souza, you are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. I do agree that Dirty Dancing is a classic. Tell me something, how sure are you that Michael is not behind it? You seem to know.. can you please share this with us? He could be as much as he won't be part of  it.  Since Ortega is in the hoax, and since Michael always wanted to be a director, what better then working anonymously, no one will suspect it is Michael. Anyways this is my opinion...

Because he's an innovator, not a recycler.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Agree, I don't think Michael would be behind this and touch that movie. I love the movie and Patrick -RIP. I don't get what Kenny thinks... Left out of own ideas? :roll: Besides, I think Kenny has to get permission from the movie director first.
Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:17:17 PM by scorpionchik
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

suspicious mind

two words:
Grease 2  afraid/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Andrea

My friend and I were just texting back and forth about this and how we think it's just plain wrong to re-make Dirty Dancing!!  Then she replied, "I'll probably go see it though."  And I said, "I'll go with you."  LOL.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HI I don't think it's the film but its a good one to remake! I think what is behind this project is who are the producers at Lionsgate??? Back in March 2011 Janet Jackson was reported to became a film producer and signed up with Guess who???? "LIONSGATE FILMS" is that a coincidence or what !!! not only that but there are rumours that "THRILLER" was going to be a long movie again directed by Kenny and he said back in 2010 that this will not be happening untill a couple of years which is around about the 2012 0r 2013? But guess who else is after the rights to produce it LIONSGATE.if you goole Janet Jackson to become a film producer. and http:// You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and on that page go to "thriller isn't happening any time soon. Or could it be Michael behind Jant's name ??? who knows its gettin very interesting all the time.!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

'Lionsgate' featured at the start of that PPB movie trailer from a few weeks back.

Link to the thread about it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Link to YouTube vid of the trailer: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

'Lionsgate' featured at the start of that PPB movie trailer from a few weeks back.

Link to the thread about it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Link to YouTube vid of the trailer: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hy curls you are right,Michael's children did that " mini-movie" some time ago ,but what a strange movie it was ,lol I hope Michael was not upset afraid/ :lol::

PPB making a movie - trailer
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohqEwadY-8&feature=player_embedded
[/youtube]

Lionsgate has two companies:  Lions Gate Entertainment and Maple Pictures.
Now talking about Diry Dancing,God I LOVE that movie so much, that I had to see the second part ,Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights:

Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights - Trailer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBGEbEqQAsY
[/youtube]

The second part of Dirty Dancing is great,I mean its wrriten Michael all over:it is about LOVE,dreams,racial dif.,talent,dancing,romantism,fight for the one you love,etc.I remember that during the movie I had to hide my tears so that my husband cant see me,lol :'(.
Just like Michael's children,Janet also is "involved" with Lionsgate.Here is the trailer for her movie Why Did I Get Married Too .

Why Did I Get Married Too Official Trailer 1 [HD]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1zSg6FLko[/youtube]

Watch this trailer please,you will see the already hoax related, famous FIREWORKS  lolol/ at 1:33 and the crew cast starting 1:47,when you can easily read MICHAEL JACKSON (Michael Jai White + Janet Jackson) 8).My favourite part is when Janet screams:YOU WANNA BE CRAZY,I'LL SHOW YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: 8-).I have to say that the first movie :Whay did I get merried ?was cool also,especiallly when I saw the sunflowers :).
Of course Lionsgate is related in many ways with the HOAX.Remember The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus with Heath Ledger,SAW 3D and The Expendables? :idea:

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions