all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

elvis Presley to Become a Comic Book Hero
July 22, 2011, 09:29:05 AM
[glow=red:3nqrfnot]Elvis Presley to Become a Comic Book Hero[/glow:3nqrfnot]

[attachment=0:3nqrfnot]Graphic_Elvis_trio.jpg[/attachment:3nqrfnot]

Artwork by Greg Horn for Liquid Comics

The King of Rock 'n' Roll's love of superheroes and comic books is being explored in "Graphic Elvis," a unique illustrated anthology of original artwork inspired by the music and personal writings of Elvis Presley! The project is a collaboration between Liquid Comics and Elvis Presley Enterprises.

"Graphic Elvis" will combine rarely before seen quotes, writings, photos and memorabilia with original pieces of artwork by leading international graphic novel artists. Commemorating the 35th anniversary of his death, the illustrated anthology will be an homage to Elvis’ lifelong appreciation of comic books.

When he was named one of the Jaycees' Ten Outstanding Young Men in 1971, Elvis told the crowd "When I was a child, I was a dreamer. I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book. … So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times."

The illustrated, oversized coffee-table book will be available in stores in early April 2012, followed by an iPad edition planned for release in mid-2012.

A premium hardcover, collectors edition is now available for pre-order. This edition is priced at $199 and limited to only 2,500 copies worldwide. To pre-order your copy, click here and use the discount code ELVISFANS to save $50 if you order before the end of August!

Read more about "Graphic Elvis" in USA Today!

[highlight=#ffff00:3nqrfnot]Isn't this strange, Michael loves comic books, and he wants to do a comic book, can this be all Michael again?[/highlight:3nqrfnot]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

suspicious mind

his speech

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal