Colour choice/symbolism at O2?
May 20, 2011, 10:06:59 PM
Forgive me if this is a double post, I searched and found nothing. I logged in just to post this.

I was looking at pictures on my wall of MJ at the O2 conference and all you see is red (curtain) and black (his clothes). I thought oh, that's his favourite colours, red and black (so I've heard). Then I started wondering if the colours symbolise anything; red could be blood, and black could be death. The colours seem so striking, but is there any meaning behind it or just purely coincidence?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hold me, like the river Jordan
And I will then say to thee
You are my friend

Re: Colour choice/symbolism at O2?
May 20, 2011, 11:31:41 PM
I have thought about it before.....There is certainly a "Dracula" feel to it for some reason. The red curtain
and the black clothes were very striking. Also, there was something about Michael's teeth that had a sharp
feel to it, like he had 2 fangs! I know it sounds crazy, but at the end when he smiled real big, his teeth looked
dangerous! He certainly had an "in your face" attitude and the shirt looked like a fancy vampire shirt.
The whole thing kind of had a cult-classic look and feel to it. I can def see your point!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Those who were dancing were thought to be quite insane by those who could not
hear the music....."

May 20, 2011, 11:35:55 PM

RED CURTAINS
 'Curtains are both hiding and revealing. Sometimes it's so beautiful that they're hiding, it gets your imagination going. But in the theatre, when the curtains open, you have this fantastic euphoria, that you're going to see something new, something will be revealed. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Red Curtain – A barrier between world.  Watch Twin Peaks to see how the red curtain is used to great effect. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Note: creepy, don't watch it at night
[youtube:2231usid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_-WYMBvU30&feature=related[/youtube:2231usid]

[youtube:2231usid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chqi8m4CEEY&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube:2231usid]

Other:
The 'Red Curtain' scene is parodied in The Simpsons seventh season premiere 'Who Shot Mr Burns Part 2', when Lisa comes to Chief Wiggum in a dream to tell him how to progress in his investigation. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:45:40 PM by heartphantom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.  ~ Voltaire

Andrea

May 20, 2011, 11:44:26 PM
Well there is this connection:

Both in black in front of red curtains...speeches to/in London...Michael making the "V" sign.  And anybody who hasn't seen V for Vendetta yet, you really should watch it.  The parallels in that movie and the hoax are amazing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

May 20, 2011, 11:46:26 PM
@heartphantom - I tried uploading that V youtube as well but it won't embed.  I've noticed that hardly any "V'' videos will embed on here for some reason.  It's annoying, LOL.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2011, 11:48:12 PM
lol.
i agree, Andrea, anyone should see V for Vendetta. To be true, when i saw MJ at O2, i saw Twin Peaks lol. That red curtain always resembled to that one in my thinking.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.  ~ Voltaire

MissG

May 21, 2011, 03:17:55 AM
RTRL
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

May 21, 2011, 04:14:12 AM
I looked up the meaning of both red and black:
Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.

Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure. It has very high visibility, which is why stop signs, stoplights, and fire equipment are usually painted red. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags.

Red brings text and images to the foreground. Use it as an accent color to stimulate people to make quick decisions; it is a perfect color for 'Buy Now' or 'Click Here' buttons on Internet banners and websites. In advertising, red is often used to evoke erotic feelings (red lips, red nails, red-light districts, 'Lady in Red', etc). Red is widely used to indicate danger (high voltage signs, traffic lights). This color is also commonly associated with energy, so you can use it when promoting energy drinks, games, cars, items related to sports and high physical activity.

Light red represents joy, sexuality, passion, sensitivity, and love.
Pink signifies romance, love, and friendship. It denotes feminine qualities and passiveness.
Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.
Brown suggests stability and denotes masculine qualities.
Reddish-brown is associated with harvest and fall.

Black is associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery.

Black is a mysterious color associated with fear and the unknown (black holes). It usually has a negative connotation (blacklist, black humor, 'black death'). Black denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color (black tie, black Mercedes). In heraldry, black is the symbol of grief.

Black gives the feeling of perspective and depth, but a black background diminishes readability. A black suit or dress can make you look thinner. When designing for a gallery of art or photography, you can use a black or gray background to make the other colors stand out. Black contrasts well with bright colors. Combined with red or orange – other very powerful colors – black gives a very aggressive color scheme.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions