MJonmindTopic starter

The Pirates! Band of Misfits! (Sony movie)
July 05, 2012, 11:44:54 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqtcj20Z778[/youtube]

It came out April 27, 2012.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just went to see this movie tonight with my daughter, and saw lots of Michaelisms!!  What else is new! :icon_lol:
As soon as I saw Sony I was thinking better get out my pen and paper.

It was General, and though it wasn't rated very high, we both really loved it!
There was so much action, imaginative detail, humor (in excellent animation along the lines of Wallace and Grommit), and it would be good if someone else tells what they noticed.

What really caught my eye was the crazy monkey who played a big role, and I kept looking for a reference to a kiwi but couldn't find one--not to say that there wasn't any--so much fast details flying at you. Remember Front's, "monkey needs more kiwi"? The monkey and others were drinking and got themselves into a bad situation, and I wondered if maybe Kiwi referred to a drink. Front did the monkey sketch on May 16.  Maybe it's not related IDK. :icon_rolleyes:

Okay, so first off the Captain Pirate moonwalks and then does the MJ spin, and I immediately sat up in my seat!!
The captain didn't have a parrot but a dodo bird, which has an important role in the story-line. Someone once refers to it as Doo-doo!  There's brains in jars, rubics cube, pigs, skeletons, and much more rich detail even in the credits.

Just one example of the humor was the old treasure maps had drawn details that also would be animated to mingle with the real live situations. The captain tells the scientist they couldn't go that way because of a giant whale monster on the map. The scientist says, oh they just put that on the map for decoration. In the last scene as they sail away in their pirate ship, a large whale monster scoops the boat up, and the captain says, "Just added for decoration my foot!" :icon_lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LOL, that sound like real fun.  Maybe I'll check this out.  I went to Cirque Du Soleil Immortal tour this past weekend and it was so touching in spots.  I especially loved Childhood and seeing the gates of Neverland come to life on stage.  The most illusionary performance came from Is It Scary. When that green monster came from the pages of the storybook on stage, it scared me, lol.  The children, my heavens, I know they must have had nightmares.  The way those artists can twist and turn their bodies is beyond belief.  All of the production was excellent.  I loved it and would definitely fork out the bucks to see it again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Yes...this movie has Michael all over it.  I saw it on opening weekend and was floored at all the Michael things.......I need to watch it again and take notes, lol.......it's at our local dollar movie place now.  I think I just might need to go : )  Loved it very much!
I think if ever there were a pirate band of misfits.....we're it! 

:thjajaja121:

Blessings!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmindTopic starter

I'm glad you thought so too!  The scenes moved so quickly with so much detail, you'd need to stop scenes to catch Michaelisms.
How his kids would love it! I wonder if Paris has said anything related to this movie?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions