"Tomorrow the illusion starts"

Almost 2 years have passed and it's hard to tell which information is hoax related and which is completely irrelevant. News that cause a turmoil on the forum and elsewhere, are they true, are they a hoax or a deliberate distraction ? No one can tell for sure anymore. Did we just lose our cognitive skills in the course of time or were we conditioned to be unable to trust our gut feeling ?

Therefore I'd like to draw your attention back to the time around June 2009, because I think the explanation of the reasons for Michael to fake his death can be found there. It's right in front of our eyes, for everybody to see and it was there all along, put there by him personally in a format that is self-explanatory.

Did you ever ask yourself what might have been the real reason for using the Liberian Girl theme at the memorial and burial ?

Various possibilities were discussed, most think it is mainly because in the end we see that it was himself who directed and controlled it and that this alone is a striking parallel to what we are going through now. Well, that is certainly one aspect, the shot with him and the camera was even shown at the memorial.
But there is more, it's multilayered. The LB theme is key, because it's self-explanatory when you know what else lies behind the video.

There was an unflattering article from August 2009 about the LG short film on a site called The Consequence of Sound. In it the author wonders about the discrepancy of how the most inventive video artist of all time could produce such a disappointment which isn't even connected to the song. 

<!-- m -->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<!-- m -->

The relevant part of the article is this most interesting comment from an outraged reader his name is 'doesn't matter':

doesnt matter
1 year ago
Gillian Rosheuvel, you said: "Its wretchedness is only amplified by the fact that this video was made by one of — if not the — most inventive video artists of all time. He, who married visuals and songs in such surprising and inventive ways, produced THIS?"
I hope that my following words would help you to explain your daughter why THIS video is the work of a genius.
First of all to appreciate it you really NEED to see the full version, which is 5:43 minutes long. Here is the link: <!-- m -->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<!-- m -->.
Hint: credits are the most important in this particular video!
Stop the video at mark 5:24, there you'll see a man in bondage with 3 arms and "?" under his picture. Simple joke? Barely.....Read this, though it's too long, you won't be disappointed:

The Man Who Had Three Arms
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a two-act play for three actors by Edward Albee.
The play takes place in a theatre where the main character HIMSELF is about to speak to the assembled group about his life of celebrity as The Man Who Had Three Arms.The other two actors of the play, MAN and WOMAN, play, variously, two people who are introducing HIMSELF, the parents and wife of HIMSELF, and the manager of HIMSELF. In the first act, HIMSELF describes his transformation from a successful family man to a person who is horrified to discover that a third arm is growing from between his shoulder blades. In the second act, HIMSELF describes being on the celebrity circuit and all that entails—“money, sex, adulation”—while he grows more and more in debt. His wife leaves him. He falls apart in front of the audience only to deal with a final surprise. Albee directed the Broadway premiere of the play at the Lyceum Theatre in New York City in April 1983 with Robert Drivas in the title role.
<!-- m -->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<!-- m -->.

And here's the excerpts of this play's review for better understanding what it's all about:

THE MAN WHO HAD THREE ARMS
By Frank Rich
Published: April 6, 1983, Wednesday
HIMSELF is mad because he was once ''the most famous man in the world'' and now he isn't so famous anymore. A standard-cut advertising man with a wife and three kids, he had one day awakened to discover that he was growing a third arm on his back. Suddenly Himself was sought after by royalty, cheered by ticker-tape parades and toasted by talk-show hosts. He had become, one might say, a contemporary Elephant Man – complete with trunk.
But when we meet Himself, the parade has passed by. The third arm ultimately withered away, and so did the protagonist's celebrity and fortune. While he used to command $25,000 for a personal appearance, he now speaks for ''half a grand and a toddle or two of gin.'' In the lecture we see, Himself is a last-minute replacement for a morefamous speaker who has died. Drunk and in debt, he's now just another ordinary-looking man at the end of his rope.
One of the more shocking lapses of Mr. Albee's writing is that he makes almost no attempt even to pretend that Himself is anything other than a maudlin stand-in for himself, with the disappearing arm representing an atrophied talent.
It's hard to feel much sympathy for a man who, by his own account, greedily helped himself to the perks of fame – unlimited publicity, power, money and sex – and now complains that the adulation was ''idiotic,'' that the power was short-lived, that the fortune was recklessly squandered, and that the sex was empty.
''Baggage'' is easily the nicest term by which Himself refers to women. Indeed, the only person not treated contemptuously during the monologue is the speaker, who frequently likens his martyrdom to Christ's.
HIMSELF whips himself and the audience ''into mutual rage and revulsion.'' But only at the end does the anger come to a point. It's then that Mr. Albee at last begins to deal seriously with the issue his play wants to be about – an inability, as Himself puts it, ''to distinguish between my self-disgust and my disgust with others.'' As the curtain falls, the sobbing HIMSELF falls to his knees, torn between asking the despised audience to leave and begging it to stay.
It's a painful, if embarrassing, spectacle, because it shows us the real and sad confusion that exists somewhere beneath the narcissistic arrogance and bile that the author uses as a dodge to avoid introspection the rest of the time. While ''The Man Who Had Three Arms'' is mostly an act of self-immolation, its final display of self-revelation holds out at least the slender hope that Mr. Albee might yet pick himself up from the floor.

Did you see any parallels?

Watch this video one more time. From the very beginning its main theme is illusions and audience's deception . The video is dedicated to Liz Taylor but where's she? It begins with "a scene in an African village that seems related to the song’s lyrics", but it's another illusion. Then we see a girl, but it's not about her. "Who's directing this?", asks Whoopi and we see Spielberg.

Dreyfuss asks: "WHICH MICHAEL JACKSON ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?"

"One of the most inventive video artists of all time, who married visuals and songs in such surprising and inventive ways?" Over-operated freak with a prosthetic nose - Wacko Jacko? A child prodigy? The man, who had "weird" attraction to children? A reclusive pop-star? A drug-addict? etc. How many faces of Michael Jackson we've seen through all 40 years of his career? Do we still know whom he really was?
Probably, he was just a human being with his "anguish, pain and turbulations" and shaky relationships with audience who both praised and despised him at the same time. "The victim of selfish kind of love" denied the right to make mistakes without being critisized by each and everyone. And certainly a genius, foreseer, if you like, who knew exactly from the very beginning, how the "show" of his life would develop and end up, but unwilling to change anything, 'cause though "it was strange what he had to deal with, he dealt with it anyway".

It's just my humble opinion about the message of this video.

Does this person remind you of someone ???            <!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->

Michael the visionary has just the right grip on reality that allowed him to see things for what they are, even at the zenith of his career in the 80ties, or what would become of things (his career as a performer) should he not intervene to prevent the near inevitable....
Yet Michael is also the ultimate prankster, he likes to deceive people, create illusions for the audience, the fans, the general public, even his family. We can see evidence of that throughout his career (disguise appearance and/ or voice in order to fool people, involvement in various projects under pseudonym, his interest in all things magic etc.)....

Now we need to connect this with what we know about Michael shortly before he 'died'. Let's revisit interviews with Kenny Ortega. Remember he stated repeatedly that Michael was in exceptionally good spirit the day before his exit.   
In my opinion it's very important what Michael said that evening and the way he said good bye to Kenny, because these words come from the man himself. Some may think that it was said because of the Dirty Diana illusion which was scheduled for rehearsal for the next day (June/ 25/ 2009) and he simply was looking forward to it, I don't think so.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Watch this video from around minute 8:40 - 11:00 (10:02 !)

<!-- m -->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<!-- m -->

The whole 'death'-project THIS IS IT seems to be the perfect illusion - a brilliant ending of a unique career. It seems that this ending is ongoing, because there are still lessons to be learned. Or is it our new mindset that Michael initiated in us that keeps us alert and more aware of things ?

What conclusion would you draw ?

I hope I can ease your mind a bit with this post, maybe a Bam isn't the most important aspect of this project. Maybe it helps you to make that transformation from "this masterpiece isn't complete without a Bam/ reveal" to "this masterpiece is simply perfect as it is", because we can SEE the explanation for it OURSELVES if we look at the right places".....   

Btw, I know there was a thread about it in 2010 see here
 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
unfortunately it died down much too soon, but I think this subject is worth to be revived)

Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:09:28 AM by JMseesMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
 “Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.”
 Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ammun Horus

JM thanks for your post. I do not know what happened or what did not, I do not even know whether MJ is trully alive or not, but the connections you did are impressive. And your post reminds me of MJ's own words:

"What one wishes is to be touched by truth and to be able to interpret that truth so that one may use what one is feeling and experiencing, be it despair or joy, in a way that will add meaning to one's life and will hopefully touch others as well. This is art in its highest form. Those moments of enlightenment are what i continue to live for."

Maybe This Is It was a project dedicated to offer us "those moments of enlightenment"?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The universe is nothing but a positively charged void.

JMseesMJ - thank you for posting this about LB. Incredible words written by "doesn't matter". It is truly the words of someone in the know because otherwise I doubt it would be so clearly understood. I know it brings a whole new perspective to LB for me and I already liked that video. Incredible indeed.

I will give this more thought. I am glad you brought it back up for discussion. There are many threads that have died down as other more recent threads push against our time and thought processes. I can't remember when my mind was so riveted to an explanation. And I loved it. Thanks again. I'll respond more as I'm able.

Many blessings to you this day and every day.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Hi JM.

Sometimes I am amazed how you people in general find all sort of links to all sort of interesting blogs with all sort of mysterious characters who post profound comments suspicious//

The man with 3 arms symbolises  Michael and Elisabeth too ?
The link to the LB extended version didn't work for me and I never saw that version.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "JMseesMJ"
Did you see any parallels?

Watch this video one more time. From the very beginning its main theme is illusions and audience's deception . The video is dedicated to Liz Taylor but where's she? It begins with "a scene in an African village that seems related to the song’s lyrics", but it's another illusion. Then we see a girl, but it's not about her. "Who's directing this?", asks Whoopi and we see Spielberg.

So this mysterious poster "doesn't matter" (oh yes it matters lolol/ ) thinks the LB video is about illusions and deception of the audience more than about directing and controlling the action from behind the scene.

OK the next logical question is - was that "doesn't matter" character Michael Jackson lolol/ ?

Because if he was Michael Jackson - we can know for sure he's alive.

And if he wasn't Michael Jackson - his opinion is interesting and profound anyway but not that exciting  :mrgreen: .

Anyway, I must confess I feel kind of stupid because I never knew this video had an extended version.
And I still can't watch it on youtube.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

JMseesMJ, thanks for the info. LG has probably got many layers for us to decipher. I know there was also discussion on doubles when the guy said "which Michael Jackson are we talking about."  According to this doesn't matter poster, MJ is conveying very complex intuitive emotions in this video, that link to something in his vast knowlege of literature, film and music, obviously beyond the intellectual scope of the reporter who said it was "disappointing". It's probably not related but with the third arm mention, I right away thought of the mayor on Ghost who MJ had entered, where a hand burst out of his chest holding the mirror.

voiceforthesilent
There are many threads that have died down as other more recent threads push against our time and thought processes.

I agree, I'm always glad when people bring up old topics with new insight.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ammun Horus

It is true that the LG video has something strange about it. When I first watched it, I was curious and asked myself: If MJ wanted to deceive some people for fun, he could have done so whenever he wished, but not in a video clip, not really related with his plan. So, it seems very possible, that he wanted to hide a message in the LG video.

Then all these illusions in the video and the picture of the man with the three arms. That picture cannot be there by chance. And then the theatrical story. We should not even forget that Michael visited the place where the bones of the elephant man were kept, in London. And also, that he would visit people and places, that he felt an attachement to. For example, he has visited Oona Chapplin, the widow of Charlie Chapplin. I think that you are right: He possibly compared himself with the man with the three arms. If this is the case, he definetely wanted to state his feelings and share them with us through his art. To share his anguish, his pain, his knowledge of the future and much more.

And finally the meaning of the LG theme in his funeral. I see two possible explanations, if of course we admit that it was on purpose there to signify something. The first one is the one you stated, that this is the final illusion and a final lesson through his art to us and of course that it ends there. Let's not forget the final curtain-call. The other one is that while the curtain falls(as in the theatrical play) he begs the audience to leave and to stay at the same time. This symbolises the contradiction in his own self. I can interpret this as MJ attacking to his former self(perhaps fame, money, sex, addictions) and all those that were attached to it(media, tabloids, police, businessmen) and making a clear path for his new self and those who love him. Let's not forget his spiritual advisor's words that "Michael was changing" and that while the play finishes there is a feeling that "Himself" will stand on his own feet again. Perhaps, this signifies that after having changed and having his beloved ones he will continue living. The how is the question. Will he continue living away of the public knowledge, or considering his fans as some of his beloved ones he will come back?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The universe is nothing but a positively charged void.

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "Ammun Horus"
The other one is that while the curtain falls(as in the theatrical play) he begs the audience to leave and to stay at the same time. This symbolises the contradiction in his own self. I can interpret this as MJ attacking to his former self(perhaps fame, money, sex, addictions) and all those that were attached to it(media, tabloids, police, businessmen) and making a clear path for his new self and those who love him. Let's not forget his spiritual advisor's words that "Michael was changing"

About Michael changing himself.....we see him so much as a prankster but in TII he looks nothing like a prankster to me.
I see him in TII a serious man, maybe too serious, concerned about the planet, about the people. In fact in the trailer they tried to promote another image of Michael, Michael the profound man, the thinker, at least that is what I saw.

Is it possible that from 40 to 50 he changed that much ? Where ends the hoax and where starts the real man Michael Jackson?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

At the end when everyone was standing in a circle, Michael said "We have 4 years to get it right" but he is holding up 2 fingers...and when he puts his hand down, he shows 2 fingers again.  I've watched this loads of times and I can't get a clear pic to post.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Re: The real reason for the Liberian Girl theme
October 17, 2011, 05:03:27 AM
JMseesMJ
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... ata_player
In the excellent video you posted which I skimmed before but now enjoyed even more, I noticed
at 7:09 it talks about a comparison of an old movie to MJ.  Michael coming home after rehearsal, there’s a knock on the door (is it the front door?) MJ and the impersonator talk, and then MJ exits by the “back” door. This reminds me of the post by Front on Sept 19.

Front
The ex-assistant still had the keys and Randy was unhappy about it. He wanted the keys back...

Randy: Gimme the keys[,] back!

Assistant: Gosh Randy, they're right in Front of you.

lol.

Assistant: I ain't got yo' damn KEYS!

Randy: Yes, you do! I saw you go in through the Front door and sneak out the Back door!

Assistant: How do you know that?

Randy: 'cause I was Watchin'!!!

(During trial testimony of security and EMT's there was a fair bit of mention of the front door as well.)

I wonder if all this wasn’t hinting at a double coming into the house at that point as the video suggests, through the front door and MJ exiting through the back door. I understand the need for a double when performing an illusion. When Michael was going to perform the Dirty Diana illusion in the bed, a stand-in was in the bed with the aerialist girl, and at the same time MJ was unseen in the cherrypicker on the other side of the stage. When the cloth flames flashed and lifted, then the stand-in (double in the real stage performance) would be gone, and instantly the light would be shone on the MJ in the cp giving the illusion of instant transport. (This is the same illusion as in the movie The Prestige where again the magician had a twin that no one knew about which is the same idea as a double) Now in the case of the 100 Carolwood bed, I don’t understand where the need for the double exists. When the double “dies” in bed in the house, where does he disappear and re-appear somewhere else instantly?  MJ himself could have gone home after rehearsal, “died” in bed, transported to UCLA in amb, in heli to coroner pick-up, coroner to garage where MJ jumps out. So where is he appearing somewhere far away instantly while we think he is another place? I don’t understand. There’s no need for a double to fool Murray either. There’s no way MJ was actually receiving propofol by IV all night anyway. The video suggests the double received a drug (not propofol) that put him into a coma-like state that deceived the EMT, etc. Now why would MJ endanger the life of his double. No way.  The only “double” I see that MJ is using is perhaps a dummy such as for the hospital MJ clothed and on the gurney. Perhaps using the stand-in on stage, was setting hoaxers up to think actual double, when there really wasn’t. Nothing is straightforward or predictable in this hoax.

Also JMseesMJ, reading the comment from “doesn’t matter”, again now totally screams to me, TS, Back, Front, Michael himself. There’s no one else would know that insight to LG, and the writing style matches as well. He is humble, respectful. Sometimes my body trembles and I want to weep  :cry: for joy from knowing this amazing man and having the priviledge of exploring his creation/hoax for these 2 years. bow/ bearhug

"One of the most inventive video artists of all time, who married visuals and songs in such surprising and inventive ways?" Over-operated freak with a prosthetic nose - Wacko Jacko? A child prodigy? The man, who had "weird" attraction to children? A reclusive pop-star? A drug-addict? etc. How many faces of Michael Jackson we've seen through all 40 years of his career? Do we still know whom he really was?
Probably, he was just a human being with his "anguish, pain and turbulations" and shaky relationships with audience who both praised and despised him at the same time. "The victim of selfish kind of love" denied the right to make mistakes without being critisized by each and everyone. And certainly a genius, foreseer, if you like, who knew exactly from the very beginning, how the "show" of his life would develop and end up, but unwilling to change anything, 'cause though "it was strange what he had to deal with, he dealt with it anyway".It's just my humble opinion about the message of this video.
[/size]
Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:15:35 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 17, 2011, 07:53:33 AM
Thank you JM for reposting this. If I'm not mistaken this is the third time this is being posted. Maybe third time's the charm. There are three things that stand out from doesn't matter. 1) The mention of Himself being like a modern day Elephant Man 2) Himself liken his martydom to Christ and 3) At the end of the play, he begs the audience to leave and stay. I'll further explain when I'm by a computer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

October 17, 2011, 09:48:10 AM
It was such a coincidence that this thread was bumped today. Earlier today, I was looking at old stuff of mine and found some files, that I almost discarded. Then I thought, it would fit right here, somehow.
The information was about Benzodiazepines (like Lorazepam and Midazolam). Did you know that they can be given as antidotes ? For example when people have 'a bad reaction' (Murray's fave). Some toxins can induce a comatose state, sometimes though things can go awry and Benzos would be needed.

There was certainly the need to use a double at some point to make the illusion of his 'death' work.
How is was done in detail ? Well, I am not sure if he wants us to find out. I have the strong feeling that he has some tricks up his sleeve, that even the believers will start to doubt their beLIEf after a certain point in time. The outcome of the trial will be the first thing, next will be the absence of the so called 'Bam', some members long for so badly. 
At that time, the cake, baked for many of you with so much care, will start to crumble or should I say the emulsion will start to separate, because it can't stay mixed forever. As I see it, after the 'emulsifier' has been detected as such, the oil and the water components are becoming discernable. I.e. Michael's faked death as the masterpiece and the hoax/ARG or whatever game this may be as the watery dilutive component. This will be clearly visible for the eyes, that will be strong enough to see the truth.
From then on things can evolve and new pieces of Michael's art can be enjoyed without the dead goose called death-hoax hanging constantly over the believers.

@MJonmind I don't agree with you that 'doesn't matter' has any similarity to the posters TS and Front. Different people with different intentions.

But hey, what do I know; I am just a quiet bystander, watching, observing.... on my own, but certainly not alone  8-)
Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:11:17 AM by JMseesMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
 “Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.”
 Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 17, 2011, 10:51:34 AM
As I stated earlier, I wanted to further explain the reason why I pointed the following three points: 1) The mention of Himself being like a modern day Elephant Man 2) Himself liken his martyrdom to Christ and 3) At the end of the play, he begs the audience to leave and stay. Unfortunately, this is a pretty quick write up. I don't have time to gather all the evidence but it's all here on this board.

1) A Modern Day Elephant Man

The Elephant Man seems to be a constant theme throughout this adventure: the elephants from the Circus in front of the Staples Center on July 7, 2009 at his memorial service and the stuffed elephant that keeps popping up in the courtroom during this trial.

There was also the rumor that Michael wanted to purchase or did purchase the Elephant Man bones during the Bad era (which I think is a rumor that he started himself). And the skeleton of the Elephant Man was dancing with Michael in the Leave Me Alone.

If you read the summary of the Elephant Man, there are a lot of connections that can be made between Michael and this story. You can read the summary here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Consequently, the play is very similar as well.

2) Martyrdom to Christ

There also seems to be a Christ theme throughout this adventure. The whole idea of a man who is presumed to be dead being resurrected is one of the obvious nods to the story of Jesus Christ. There is also the constant mention of Christianity in TS’s explanation and BACK’s comparison between MJ and Christ in his theory conclusion. Michael also has stated that he wanted to be Christ-like and thought to have the power to heal people. In addition, Michael has constantly made a stance that some may argue is Christ-like and did a performance that some may argue is Christ-like with Earth Song during the World Music Awards. These Christ-related hints could’ve been planted on purpose for this adventure.

3) Contradiction with Wanting an Audience and not Wanting an Audience

I’ve noticed that in quite of few songs, Michael would ad lib something along the lines of “I want it, I don’t want it” (Leave Me Alone) or “I want to talk about it, I don’t want to talk about it”(Is It Scary?, Another Day, Behind The Mask). This contradiction could be him wanting an audience to entertain and yet wanting his privacy and not wanting an audience. Again, this could’ve been planted on purpose for this adventure and also, because he could relate so much to the play that this conflicting message made complete sense to him. Again, this points back to the Bad era because the first time he does this (that I know of) is on the track, Leave Me Alone which is also the last track of the Bad album and also has the video that features the Elephant Man bones.

Like I’ve been saying many times, I think the Bad era holds the keys to a lot of answers around this adventure.

Edit: Oh and one more thing, if the man with three arms was represented in the video and Michael identified himself as the main character. Does that mean that Michael was the one underneath the bandages and the one behind the camera was simply another illusion? Hmmm....
Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:00:21 AM by looking4truth
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 18, 2011, 09:18:22 PM
I'm bumping this because I'm curious what other people have to say about this or if folks even knew about this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 26, 2011, 12:15:40 PM
@L4T no-one else seems to care for the reasons anymore. Smh.

Back to basics.
I agree, Michael's inner conflict, it is always present in his songs and his behaviour, isn't it ? Take the Dangerous lyrics for example, you mentioned a few others too, or acting the "sexy beast" on stage vs. publicly presenting that shy side when off stage, or wanting the audience's adulation vs. choosing seclusion for longer periods of time.
I think if one is a public figure like him, who initially even liked to fan the flames a little for publicity reasons, one would certainly develop a kind of a love-hate relationship with the consequences of that fame. One other contributing factor to be torn inside was certainly his upbringing as a JW. I guess the bigger his stardom got, the bigger grew this love-hate thing. Meaning that the negative consequences of his fame became a very heavy burden. Freed himself from it finally and shocked the world one last time in June 2009. Sometimes it takes death in order to live. Remember "...MAYama, JUNita, juLIVE" , literally 'you live' = he began to live his new life from July onward.
Interestingly enough Randy Phillips alluded to exactly that point in his testimony yesterday. Randy told us that one meeting got particularly emotional. Michael explained to him one of the main reasons for wanting to do 'TII' (i.e. earning some money with it), he said, he wanted to settle down and buy a new home, he was tired of living like a vagabond.   

In the 'Schmuckey' Boteach book (see JustDucky, I still love this name) he also states that he doesn't care about his music career too much anymore, he has accomplished all his dreams in that regard. I am quoting a little passage for the ones, who haven't read the book. They are just talking about why it's best for an artist/band to die or break up just at the right time, while relatively young and successful at their careers (Marilyn Monroe / Beatles).
"SB asks: So is that an argument, Michael, for you to say one day, "That's it," and quit ?
MJ: Yeah, I would like some kind of way to disappear where people don't see me anymore at some point, and just do my things for children but not be visual. To disappear is very important. We are people of change. We need change in our lives. That's why we have winter, spring, summer and fall."

Regards the Elephant Man, I think it is easy for Michael to relate to people, whose experiences are/were similar to his own. When you look at Mr. Joseph Merrick's fate, there are several similarities. This man also became quite famous and at one point it was trendy in high society to be friends with "bizarre" Mr. Merrick.
Did someone notice that there was also a Jo(hn) - Joseph discrepancy ? There's another connection, Merrick's desperate wish to do what normal people do, for example sleep like them. That wish cost him his life.

Take all these little sparks from every corner and you'll end up with a grand inspiration for your last accomplishment as KOP, then name it This Is It... Everything else will fall into place with some key people in the right position. How relaxing is this ? Maybe too relaxing after a while ? After all, people need change..... haha, no I am just joking, I don't think there will be a Bam.       

geek/

Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:21:45 PM by JMseesMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions