LOS ANGELES | April 30, 2011

A motion to continue will be heard on Monday said Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor on the Michael Jackson matter as the attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray asked for a delay in the trial on charges of involuntary manslaughter, claiming that new scientific theories presented by the prosecution witnesses the day before the trial have left them in need of further preparation.

The judge noted the time and expense the trial has already taken stating that the trial has cost “funds in excess of six figures,” and that numerous cases have had to be rescheduled.

Murray's attorneys said they needed more time because of new medical expert reports turned over by prosecutors. "In one of those reports, Dr. Steven Shafer, an anesthesiologist, concluded that it was impossible for Michael Jackson to have swallowed the fatal dose of the powerful anesthetic Propofol, attorneys told the judge," according to a report in the Los Angeles Times.

The statement by the anesthesiologist directly contradicts the defense version as to the events leading up to the death of Michael Jackson. The defense claim that Michael Jackson was desperate for sleep so that he could be ready for rehearsals for his comeback tour and drank or injected himself with the drug while Murray was out of the room.

“Dr. Shafer says categorically, it’s not possible Michael Jackson orally ingested Propofol, based on the science,” Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren told Pastor on Friday. Attorneys during the hearing did not elaborate upon the expert's conclusion.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The judge noted the time and expense the trial has already taken stating that the trial has cost “funds in excess of six figures,” and that numerous cases have had to be rescheduled.

Doesn't this part sound similar to the 2005 trial when the judge forced them to sit there for long hours without breaks, etc., and wouldn't allow Michael one days absence when he was at the hospital for his back injury - all because the judge said it was costing so much money for the trial? As I read this I just had to wonder what was costing in excess of six figures? Also, there has been comments by Murray's lawyers that it was costing him a lot of money and they wanted to speed up the trial...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal