Neverland and the Estate
December 21, 2009, 03:03:54 PM
We've had questions on occasion about the work that was (and likely still is) going on at Neverland. Here's an article, dated June 13, 2009, about the work there.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I find this interesting in relation to William Bone, who currently has a clam against Michael's Estate in regard to Neverland. The information below is from this site,
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and was dated Octboer 9.

William Bone is suing the Jackson estate for an undisclosed amount over the proposed sale of a Santa Barbara property known as the Sycamore Valley Ranch.

Bone claims Jackson wished to buy the property from him but they could not agree on fair market value, therefore to consummate the deal an agreement of purchase was entered into on or about February 27th 1988.

Meaning, Bone accepted a lower selling price than he thought the property was worth with the agreement that when the property was resold Jackson would split the profits with him.

Another stipulation of the agreement was that Jackson would maintain the property and carry out improvements as needed, something Bone believes has not happened.

Bone claims that Jackson transferred ownership of the property to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company on November 10, 2008 and that he was not informed. He now asks that he receive his share of the profits when the property is sold, as he believes will happen.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Lorrie

Re: Neverland and the Estate
December 21, 2009, 03:34:20 PM
My impression is that William Bone is just another leech from the past coming out of the woodwork to get a piece of the Michael Jackson estate pie, whether he has a valid claim or not.

J. Randy Taraborrelli's (Michael's unofficial biographer) reaction to Bone's lawsuit was stupefaction. When the news broke, he was shocked to learn that Bone is even still alive, and just as amazed that he's resurfaced with a lawsuit after two decades. That's how long it's been since Bone has made a peep about his prior relationship with Michael, according to Randy at least. I wonder what he was doing in the intervening time, when Michael was still around to give his side of the story.

I don't believe for a second that Michael or his estate owes Bone anything, but I guess Bone thinks he might as well give this claim a shot since he believes Michael isn't around to say otherwise. Hopefully, any existing documentation will speak loudly and clearly in Michael's favor.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Neverland and the Estate
December 21, 2009, 06:31:39 PM
Quote from: "Lorrie"
My impression is that William Bone is just another leech from the past coming out of the woodwork to get a piece of the Michael Jackson estate pie, whether he has a valid claim or not.

J. Randy Taraborrelli's (Michael's unofficial biographer) reaction to Bone's lawsuit was stupefaction. When the news broke, he was shocked to learn that Bone is even still alive, and just as amazed that he's resurfaced with a lawsuit after two decades. That's how long it's been since Bone has made a peep about his prior relationship with Michael, according to Randy at least. I wonder what he was doing in the intervening time, when Michael was still around to give his side of the story.

I don't believe for a second that Michael or his estate owes Bone anything, but I guess Bone thinks he might as well give this claim a shot since he believes Michael isn't around to say otherwise. Hopefully, any existing documentation will speak loudly and clearly in Michael's favor.

What I think is funny with Bone is...why did he wait until now to speak up? If he actually had this arrangement with MJ (to split the profits on Neverland if it ever sold), then why did he not say something in 2008 when Colony Capital bought out Neverland? It WAS publicized, after all. Just seems rather odd to me. Besides, if the agreement between them was real, it's likely it was a verbal one. Seems to me that if it were in writing in their original purchase contract, that would have come to light when MJ signed things over to CC. But who knows. Maybe Bone is just hard up for cash and hoping for a windfall???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)