Last night, I went to see "Who's Bad: The Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute Band" and I was able to get all the way up to lean on the stage! It was SO much fun, I felt like I was at an actual MJ concert! The lead vocalist, or the main MJ impersonator, looked, sang, talked, and danced so much like Michael! I'm so sore from jumping around, and my voice is pretty much gone. I was right next to the stereo on the front of the stage, so my ears are gone too! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Anyways, it was a LOT of fun, and I'm going to see them again the next time they come near me which is in June. I also spoke and took pictures with the lead singer, and he sounds so much like Michael, i didn't let go of him! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Here's some pictures:

^^ he was holding my hand! AHH! :lol: :lol:

Here's the lead vocalist/MJ impersonator,  8-)

He was also telling me how he goes to different childrens hospitals, and he visits these suffering kids, and they really think he's MJ and they get so excited and he really enjoys seeing them so happy.  :mrgreen:

If you want to go see them, the tour dates is listed on their website: <!-- m -->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<!-- m -->  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It was a REALLY good show!
Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:17:14 AM by MJFAN7
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

In those pictures on stage he does resemble a younger MJ. It's good to hear that he also cares about those that are afflicted. I guess if one wants to be an MJ impersonator they'd only be 1/2 of one if they didn't visit the hospitals, etc., right? Anyways, I enjoyed reading about your time at the concert. Do you happen to have his name? Blessings.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

I’m glad you enjoyed yourself.  I have some apprehension about seeing MJ Impersonators that look and act too much like Michael :?   I don’t know but it makes me feel like the Michael brand is being erased and replaced by pod people. :shock:  I don’t like it.  Not saying it’s a bad thing, and that anyone who enjoys this is wrong.  Do your thing by all means.  I am saying only that I have some misgivings about them. And this one scares me.  He appears to be spot on and he also is following in visiting children.  Hopefully that turns out to be positive.  But just because one looks and imitates Michael’s art doesn’t necessarily mean that his heart is in the same place. I hope he’s being sincere. :?  But I’m old school.  I have a hard time changing my stripes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
I’m glad you enjoyed yourself.  I have some apprehension about seeing MJ Impersonators that look and act too much like Michael :?   I don’t know but it makes me feel like the Michael brand is being erased and replaced by pod people. :shock:  I don’t like it.  Not saying it’s a bad thing, and that anyone who enjoys this is wrong.  Do your thing by all means.  I am saying only that I have some misgivings about them. And this one scares me.  He appears to be spot on and he also is following in visiting children.  Hopefully that turns out to be positive.  But just because one looks and imitates Michael’s art doesn’t necessarily mean that his heart is in the same place. I hope he’s being sincere. :?  But I’m old school.  I have a hard time changing my stripes.

Ditto.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WOw! He really resembles MJ!  :shock:  He also has a sweet, beautiful smile! Of course, it's half that sweet as that of MJ's...)
However, there's one thing very much different from MJ - this impersonator has much fatter butt!  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

In those pictures on stage he does resemble a younger MJ. It's good to hear that he also cares about those that are afflicted. I guess if one wants to be an MJ impersonator they'd only be 1/2 of one if they didn't visit the hospitals, etc., right? Anyways, I enjoyed reading about your time at the concert. Do you happen to have his name? Blessings.

His name is Taalib York. ;)

Yes, I had the same thing with MJ impersonators. It always bothered me, but my Dad surprised me with these tickets, he was apologizing for something that occurred between us, but anyways, I went, and I know that (in a way) they're 'copying' Michael, but I was never able to go to a real Michael Jackson concert, and I probably never will unless Michael does do concerts after he comes back, which none of us are sure of, so to be right up leaning on the stage, it made me feel like I was actually at a real concert, of course a real MJ concert would be better, but this was truly amazing and I'm really glad that I went! I like that these kinds of people keep Michael's legacy alive, and so that the dreadful day when Michael does pass away, we have these fantastic performers.

I was talking to the impersonater, Taalib York, and he's very very sweet. I think I put in the original post how he goes to childrens hospitals, and these young kids with cancer get really happy to see him, because they think it's really Michael, and he was telling me how it brings tears to his eyes that he can bring this kind of happiness to these poor children, because Michael can't visit all of them. So, I was hesitant about impersonators at first, but I'm really glad I was able to experience this, because he was a very nice person. And I think to dedicate your entire life, and your career to someone is very flattering.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Hi - Shout out to Baltimore...  I too saw this tribute band last summer; they played outside at a local horse race track and it was free to the general public - I took my (at the time) 5 year old daughter and i actually made a quick mock up of a sequined glove for her - IT WAS SO ADORABLE!  She had a blast and she still tells everyone that SHE was at a Michael Jackson concert!  Hope you enjoyed the show as much as we did!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "longlivetheking"
Hi - Shout out to Baltimore...  I too saw this tribute band last summer; they played outside at a local horse race track and it was free to the general public - I took my (at the time) 5 year old daughter and i actually made a quick mock up of a sequined glove for her - IT WAS SO ADORABLE!  She had a blast and she still tells everyone that SHE was at a Michael Jackson concert!  Hope you enjoyed the show as much as we did!

:lol: Yup, I saw the one in Baltimore it was only about an hour and a half away. That's so cute about your daughter :D I had a really good time! It was an amazing show! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Quote from: "MJFAN7"
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

His name is Taalib York. ;)

Yes, I had the same thing with MJ impersonators. It always bothered me, but my Dad surprised me with these tickets, he was apologizing for something that occurred between us, but anyways, I went, and I know that (in a way) they're 'copying' Michael, but I was never able to go to a real Michael Jackson concert, and I probably never will unless Michael does do concerts after he comes back, which none of us are sure of, so to be right up leaning on the stage, it made me feel like I was actually at a real concert, of course a real MJ concert would be better, but this was truly amazing and I'm really glad that I went! I like that these kinds of people keep Michael's legacy alive, and so that the dreadful day when Michael does pass away, we have these fantastic performers.

I was talking to the impersonater, Taalib York, and he's very very sweet. I think I put in the original post how he goes to childrens hospitals, and these young kids with cancer get really happy to see him, because they think it's really Michael, and he was telling me how it brings tears to his eyes that he can bring this kind of happiness to these poor children, because Michael can't visit all of them. So, I was hesitant about impersonators at first, but I'm really glad I was able to experience this, because he was a very nice person. And I think to dedicate your entire life, and your career to someone is very flattering.

Oh that's sweet. :|   No need to explain.  I understand completely.   ;)  Glad he left a good impression on you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Omgoshh! You guys!! I saw the same people again tonight! :D Fantastic show as it was last time! It was soo much fun ! The people in the audience at this show were really rude though, and one girl kept trying to grind on me... not cool ! But they had a slideshow up and played "Heal the World", Michael singing it, not the band. & I was trying to hold back my tears, but there was this guy that was next to me and he had Downs Syndrome, he knew all the moves! He had a glove and everything :D But during this part, he just broke down in tears! I started hugging him and then I broke loose into tears. I don't know who he came with, because I didn't see anyone else with him or around him that knew him. So, it's just sad. :(

Then they sang Man in the Mirror... It was really emotional, everybody was crying. But, at least we were able to celebrate his life the night before the anniversary! I really would recommend this show to any MJ fan!! They're so great! :) It's almost like watching the real Michael.  rr/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

I went again tonight ! I really recommend this show to everyone ! I've gotten pretty close with the band members, and they're SO nice & funny!

During the way you make me feel, they pulled me on stage to dance, ive never been up on stage in front of everyone & I was doing okay at first, surprisingly :lol: I was dancing with the guy and stuff, but then he put the microphone up to me and OH MY GOD IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING. I am NOT a singer, HAHAHAHAHAHA. It was a lot of fun though, I can't wait until the next show. These people are amazing, and they really love Michael so much.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions