ChanceTopic starter

What are the differences/Michael & Brittany
December 20, 2009, 10:09:38 PM
I was thinking that we should keep track of the differences between how Brittany Murphy and Michael's deaths are handled..

I found this one already :

A spokesperson for Cedars Sinai Medical Center told People magazine that Murphy died at the facility Sunday at 10:04 a.m. PST. The actress's rep, Nicole Perna, also confirmed the news, releasing a statement Sunday afternoon that said: "In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support. It is their wish that you respect their privacy."
Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:35:18 PM by Chance
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: What are the differences?
December 20, 2009, 10:29:56 PM
Yup-thanks I said that we should compare how this death is handled on the thread that was started that she had died. I think that last post on there says that her official death  was confirmed by hospital spokesperson,as you said. We will have to watch..closey I am sure since word is the husband does not want an autopsy. I think you should put the comparatives names up so the thread wont get lost or dupicated :D
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love you more...forever

ChanceTopic starter

December 20, 2009, 10:33:51 PM
Ooops sorry neverlandprincess.. I didn't know! but I agree
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ChanceTopic starter

Re: What are the differences/Michael & Brittany
December 20, 2009, 10:37:44 PM
I'm not positive on this one.. but does anyone remember Ed Winter speculating or commenting on Michael's death?

She did not disclose a cause of death or any other details. But Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said Sunday afternoon the cause of her death "appears to be natural."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 20, 2009, 10:39:14 PM
Quote from: "Chance"
Ooops sorry neverlandprincess.. I didn't know! but I agree

Nn its good you started it because I am sure its inevitable that the topic will not stay on the "Murphy dead" topic thread.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love you more...forever

ChanceTopic starter

December 20, 2009, 10:45:19 PM
:oops:
Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:51:53 PM by Chance
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 20, 2009, 10:47:05 PM
I posted this in another thread but I think it's relevant here.  The 911 call from Brittany Murphy's house was made at 8am, and she was pronounced DOA, but the official time of death wasn't until 10:04am.  

I'm not sure if Ed Winter made an official statement about MJ's "death", although I saw him talking to the TMZ paps, but Craig Harvey held a press conference... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

December 20, 2009, 11:03:04 PM
I think the thread that she died was moved to Media>Other News.

Here's one difference between Ms Murphy and MJ:

FROM CNN:
"Murphy was pronounced dead at 10:04 a.m. PT Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Sally Stewart told CNN Radio."

I believe a hospital spokesperson provided an official statement before her personal spokesperson.  Can anyone confirm the timing of the announcements?  I think Jermaine being the first to announce the MJ situation is not the usual.... and today's tragedy further shines a light on everything that was different.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ChanceTopic starter

December 20, 2009, 11:14:09 PM
Quote from: "YourLoveIsMagical"
I think the thread that she died was moved to Media>Other News.

Here's one difference between Ms Murphy and MJ:

FROM CNN:
"Murphy was pronounced dead at 10:04 a.m. PT Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Sally Stewart told CNN Radio."

I believe a hospital spokesperson provided an official statement before her personal spokesperson.  Can anyone confirm the timing of the announcements?  I think Jermaine being the first to announce the MJ situation is not the usual.... and today's tragedy further shines a light on everything that was different.

Exactly.. I have never seen a family member announce a death
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 20, 2009, 11:32:32 PM
One difference could be HOW she was transported to the Coroner's office.  Was she transported via helicopter like MJ supposedly was?  I always thought that was so weird.  Why was is that MJ's body had to be taken to the Coroner via helicopter?  Is this routine?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I am obsessed with a man I have never met, yet, I feel like I have known him forever.

ChanceTopic starter

December 20, 2009, 11:44:25 PM
A police investigation has been launched and officers have visited the property, located above Sunset Strip.

Wow they visited Brittany's property the same day she died? I dont' believe the police did that when MJ died!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ChanceTopic starter

December 20, 2009, 11:45:08 PM
Quote from: "MJJLives"
One difference could be HOW she was transported to the Coroner's office.  Was she transported via helicopter like MJ supposedly was?  I always thought that was so weird.  Why was is that MJ's body had to be taken to the Coroner via helicopter?  Is this routine?

I don't think she will be transported until tomorrow.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

December 21, 2009, 01:28:54 AM
Compare these two announcements

The first is Steve Ruda of LAPD outside Michael's house, saying MIchael Jackson was "pronounced" at UCLA.
Lt. Ruda cuts off the questioning fairly quickly.

Next is Ed Winter from the LA Coroner's office discussing Brittany Murphy, saying "she was transported to Cedars-Sinai Hospital where she passed away"  

Compare this article

"She was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center shortly after 10 a.m., a hospital spokeswoman confirmed. "

To this article

"Michael Jackson was pronounced dead Thursday after being rushed to a Los Angeles hospital, according to multiple news reports.

Lt. Fred Corral of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told CNN that the singer was pronounced dead at the hospital."   (who gave this information to Fred Corral?)

Compare these two

"Murphy was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center at 10:04 a.m., Cedars-Sinai spokeswoman Sally Stewart said, though she said hospital rules did not allow her to confirm a cause of death or give any other details."

Statement on the death of Michael Jackson at UCLA Medical Center
By UCLA Newsroom June 25, 2009
The family of Michael Jackson made this brief statement available on June 25 at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center:

The legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson, passed away on Thursday, June 25, 2009, at 2:26 p.m. It is believed he suffered cardiac arrest in his home. However, the cause of his death is unknown until results of the autopsy are known.

His personal physician, who was with him at the time, attempted to resuscitate Jackson, as did paramedics who transported him to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Upon arriving at the hospital at approximately 1:14 p.m., a team of doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour but were unsuccessful.

Jackson’s family requests that the media respect their privacy during this tragic period of time.

The difference seems to be that people are saying she is dead, she passed away, the hospital spokesperson is confirming that information.

In Michael's case, the "death" information never comes from anyone firsthand (except Jermaine).  The hospital never confirms it except to include the family's statement of death on their website.  Steve Ruda says UCLA "pronounced" MJ.  Lt. Fred Corral of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told CNN that the singer was pronounced dead at the hospital." but who gave this information to Fred Corral?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2009, 04:38:12 AM
Quote from: "pepper"
Compare these two announcements

The first is Steve Ruda of LAPD outside Michael's house, saying MIchael Jackson was "pronounced" at UCLA.
Lt. Ruda cuts off the questioning fairly quickly.

Next is Ed Winter from the LA Coroner's office discussing Brittany Murphy, saying "she was transported to Cedars-Sinai Hospital where she passed away"  

Compare this article

"She was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center shortly after 10 a.m., a hospital spokeswoman confirmed. "

To this article

"Michael Jackson was pronounced dead Thursday after being rushed to a Los Angeles hospital, according to multiple news reports.

Lt. Fred Corral of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told CNN that the singer was pronounced dead at the hospital."   (who gave this information to Fred Corral?)

Compare these two

"Murphy was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center at 10:04 a.m., Cedars-Sinai spokeswoman Sally Stewart said, though she said hospital rules did not allow her to confirm a cause of death or give any other details."

Statement on the death of Michael Jackson at UCLA Medical Center
By UCLA Newsroom June 25, 2009
The family of Michael Jackson made this brief statement available on June 25 at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center:

The legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson, passed away on Thursday, June 25, 2009, at 2:26 p.m. It is believed he suffered cardiac arrest in his home. However, the cause of his death is unknown until results of the autopsy are known.

His personal physician, who was with him at the time, attempted to resuscitate Jackson, as did paramedics who transported him to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Upon arriving at the hospital at approximately 1:14 p.m., a team of doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour but were unsuccessful.

Jackson’s family requests that the media respect their privacy during this tragic period of time.

The difference seems to be that people are saying she is dead, she passed away, the hospital spokesperson is confirming that information.

In Michael's case, the "death" information never comes from anyone firsthand (except Jermaine).  The hospital never confirms it except to include the family's statement of death on their website.  Steve Ruda says UCLA "pronounced" MJ.  Lt. Fred Corral of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told CNN that the singer was pronounced dead at the hospital." but who gave this information to Fred Corral?

This is very good, pepper! What a difference!

And now we can see clearly, that it doesn't keep a doctor/official hospital spokesperson away from giving a statement, that the patient was dead on arrival and that the cause of death is unclear.
It's soooo fishy!

Plus: Michael is still not in the R.I.P. section of TMZ, while Brittany's death was directly posted in that section.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ChanceTopic starter

December 21, 2009, 10:11:01 AM
Brittany's autopsy is underway..according to TMZ..

Not sure how she was transported.. but I will assume it wasn't by helicopter
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions