GraceTopic starter

AEG – a CONTRACT or a LETTER OF INTENT?
March 30, 2011, 12:24:40 AM
An in-depth comparison of what a contract usually formally would look like and what kind of document Michael received. Explanation of potential consequences of form and content.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Since we have two copies of the agreement – the heavily redacted ‘radaronline’ version and a full one from Leonard Rowe’s book “What really happened” – comparison between the two will give us the additional benefit of seeing which parts of the agreement were intentionally blacked out, thus suggesting ideas as to why this could be done (the parts erased in the radaronline variant will come in a lighter font).

By now your head should be spinning because of the numerous irregularities found in this document. So let me review them point by point again to get a clearer picture of the list:

*  this document has been intentionally given all formal elements of a Letter of Intent. In contrast to a contract the signatures under such a letter do not make the obligations stated there binding on the party which signs it.
    * the Artist could have been misguided as to the true intent of that paper, and no legal advisors or the mysterious Dr. Tohme stopped him from doing so.
    *  in spite of looking like a letter, this document seems to be the only one available to AEG (they gave it to Katherine Jackson following the court ruling), so they think that this is an agreement.
    * on the other hand there is a special point in this Letter saying that the final agreement is still to be discussed and signed.
    * the fact that AEG has nothing but this paper shows that Michael Jackson never agreed to the terms proposed in AEG’s final version of the agreement.
    * one of the surprises of this document is that AEG didn’t want to go under its legal name and suggested Concerts West instead, not even giving any federal identification number for it.
    * on the other hand the information about Michael’s company was stated in a very definite way complete with its federal identification number.
    * the agreement is made not so much with Michael Jackson, but with Michael Jackson’s company in the first place.
    * no official representatives for the companies are stated in the document, so why Randy Phillips would sign this letter for “Concerts West” is not clear enough (however, this matter may be okay if it is a rule for the president of the parent company to be also president of the dba version of it – I simply don’t know it)
    * Dr. Tohme Tohme is the only person who seems to be acting on behalf of Michael Jackson and his company. A certain Dennis Hawk is also mentioned as a recipient of all copies of the documents involved.
    * the document doesn’t explain who these guys are. Legally speaking both Dr. Tohme and Dennis Hawk are nobodies here as their identity, functions, legal address and what they have to do with Michael Jackson’s company are not stated in any way.
    *  but despite that they are not only the ones who receive all approvals and consents from AEG Live, but they are also the ones who are “required and permitted” to send approvals and consents to AEG and not only on behalf of Michael Jackson, but on behalf of Michael Jackson’s company too.
    * all they need to do to finalize matters between AEG and Michael Jackson’s company is just a photocopy of Michael Jackson’s signature which will be regarded as the original.
    * and the approvals and consents sent in such a manner will be considered duly given or made not even by Michael Jackson personally, but by Michael Jackson’s company (with all its valuable assets taken together).

Full article here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Re: AEG – a CONTRACT or a LETTER OF INTENT?
March 30, 2011, 01:01:16 AM
mmmm interesting...
one can only guess as to why AEG thought or felt like they had to maek MJ sign or fake his signature to get him to perform.
I would think he would have wanted to do a last and final consert tour, a farwell to the singing days  befor the beginning of his "making movies days" anyway. If they would have waited they could havee agreed to something and the show would have been on. why was there such a rush that they had to go behind his back on this?

if thats what really happen.. I can only speculate..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

~Souza~

March 30, 2011, 05:11:44 AM

Now that's interesting, I've always wanted to know what was behind the black parts. Gonna read now, but if I understand right, there was never a signed contract for those tours? It's like a letter of intent we need here in Holland when we want a mortgage when you only have a year-contract for your job. Your employer signs a letter of intent that his intention is to hire you indefinitely when the contract ends, but in fact it means nothing. Him signing that document doesn't mean he can't kick you out after your contract ends. It's a worthless paper.

So that is how it's done. A letter of intent instead of a contract. Now they had something to show to the public (as if there really was going to be concerts), but it was all smoke and mirrors. The fact that Mike signed first, makes me believe he is the one that made the actual document before sending it to Randy to sign.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 30, 2011, 08:28:37 AM
Gotta read this.  Sounds big :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

suspicious mind

March 30, 2011, 08:45:39 AM
katherine's name is on it also  :?  why would it take a legal action for her to get a look at it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

March 30, 2011, 04:14:27 PM
My quick thoughts/questions after reading this blog (that person did a great job in analysing that letter/agreement)!
Everything can be interpreted in both ways... Still, after 2 years...

Maybe the contract itself is such a top secret that even to MJ's Mum AEG could show only the letter of intent? Her attorney didn't want to agree to certain confidentiality agreements attached to viewing the contract... i wonder what was so confidential?? Hoax? or murder plan?
However, this idea of approving everything via fax sounds strange, or at least we put our hoax glasses on and think that MJ is really away, and  he approves everything what happens in connection with the hoax, by putting his signature on it and sending the message by fax to AEG.

That unspecified film projects make me wonder...  :?  Could this be "hoax real life film"? Or "rehersal footage" after murdering MJ?  :?

Maybe indeed, Tohme signed the letter/agreement with AEG on the part of MJ, Michael noticed something was wrong and hired Branca and McClain to clear the mess...
And what is this "Concert West"? I've never heard of it...

And who da hell is Dennis Hawk?
These separate sheets of paper/agreement with the statement: "agreed to the foregoing" sound the most dangerous to me...  

*going to sleep - very confused and worried*  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

March 30, 2011, 04:22:39 PM
Dennis Hawk:

Dennis Hawk, a Native American spiritual teacher and yoga workshop leader  :lol:

Or:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   :?

Concert West:
AEG Music - AEG Live's touring divisions are Concerts West, The Messina Group, New York Touring, Atlanta Worldwide Touring, Comedy and Latin. ...
aegworldwide.com/music/music    :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

paula-c

rr/ Suspicious signatures,.... need a handwriting expert afraid/  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions