Nuez gets Mega Deal with ICON
March 22, 2011, 05:46:59 PM
The King of Pop Art, Nelson De La Nuez, Inks Licensing Deal with Upscale Shoe and Accessory Company, ICON
March 22, 2011 7:50 AM ET
Art Collector Meets Fashion Icon with the New Nelson De La Nuez Collection by ICON

LOS ANGELES, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- World renowned pop artist Nelson De La Nuez, who has been referred to as a "modern icon," has signed a licensing deal with ICON Shoes to design his artwork on a complete Nelson De La Nuez collection. The collection will include such high-end leather items as footwear, handbags, wallets, iPad holders and a wide variety of leather accessories for men and women. The art will feature his vibrant pop art images, which include women lamenting a lack of shoes or showing off their "bling," to his baby boomer, chic images that have made De La Nuez stand out among pop artists.

"ICON is thrilled at the opportunity to work with acclaimed artist, Nelson De La Nuez, and will launch the new collection for early Spring 2012, with footwear, handbags and accessories. The addition of this famous pop-artist to the ICON brand opens up tremendous possibilities into a growing demographic of the modern 'Icon.' ICON was attracted to his work the minute it was spotted in a La Jolla art gallery by the way the imagery was brought to life and the colors that will resonate instantly with a modern consumer," says Executive Vice President Carolyn Morris. ICON's use of bold color is printed on soft, supple highest-grade white leather to insure the artist's original visions.

De La Nuez is known as the King of Pop Art due to the press and media headlines and since several of his pieces became infamous after Michael Jackson bought them just before his death. His vast body of work is sold at galleries and auctions worldwide. The artist is known for his distinctive trademark style called, "Art on the Edge," which is creating art on all sides of the canvas. This method will be incorporated into the shoe design for his ICON collection as well. "I am excited to be working with a high quality company like ICON and look forward to seeing the outcome of my completed collection," says De La Nuez.

Image:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

About

De La Nuez's "Pop Americana: The Pop Art of Nelson De La Nuez" coffee table book is released and a limited edition version is available until sold out. The artist is collected by hundreds of celebrities and well known entertainment moguls. His work can be seen and purchased at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Follow on Twitter: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fan King of Pop Art on Facebook

For interview, information or photos, contact:
Stacy Bell
Pop Land Public Relations
Phone: 805-583-5060
Fax: 805-583-5566
818-827-1612

This press release was issued through eReleases(R).  For more information, visit eReleases Press Release Distribution at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

SOURCE Nelson De La Nuez

Copyright 2011 PR Newswire

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Re: Nuez gets Mega Deal with ICON
March 22, 2011, 06:20:22 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm happy to see him doing well as he is very talented.

Of course he must have done well before (even though I had never heard of him before June 25, 2009) but Michael Jackson's association pushed him into a whole new league. I doubt he ever could have imagined in his wildest dreams how this would play out. I'm sure when Michael returns that "King of Pop Art" will make sure to thank him for his new found celebrity status.

Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

~Souza~

March 22, 2011, 06:32:02 PM
Love his art, love shoes! Match made in heaven if you ask me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 22, 2011, 06:40:45 PM
I’m wondering if Michael have anything to do with this company.  ICON SHOES. 8-)

Pop Artist Partners with Icon Shoes
Publish date: Mar 23, 2011

Email|Print|Share|Save|License
Pop artist Nelson De La Nuez signed a licensing deal with Icon Shoes to design a Nelson De La Nuez collection featuring his artwork. 

The collection will include such high-end leather items as footwear, handbags, wallets, iPad holders and a wide variety of leather accessories for men and women. Each piece will feature his vibrant pop art images, which include women lamenting a lack of shoes or showing off their "bling."

"Icon is thrilled at the opportunity to work with acclaimed artist, Nelson De La Nuez, and will launch the new collection for early Spring 2012, with footwear, handbags and accessories," says Carolyn Morris, executive vice president at Icon Shoes. "The addition of this famous pop-artist to the Icon brand opens up tremendous possibilities into a growing demographic of the modern 'Icon.'" 

Icon is a thriller
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Andrea

March 22, 2011, 06:44:55 PM
Those shoes are AWESOME.  But out of my price range...

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
I’m wondering if Michael have anything to do with this company.  ICON SHOES. 8-)

Pop Artist Partners with Icon Shoes
Publish date: Mar 23, 2011

Email|Print|Share|Save|License
Pop artist Nelson De La Nuez signed a licensing deal with Icon Shoes to design a Nelson De La Nuez collection featuring his artwork. 

The collection will include such high-end leather items as footwear, handbags, wallets, iPad holders and a wide variety of leather accessories for men and women. Each piece will feature his vibrant pop art images, which include women lamenting a lack of shoes or showing off their "bling."

"Icon is thrilled at the opportunity to work with acclaimed artist, Nelson De La Nuez, and will launch the new collection for early Spring 2012, with footwear, handbags and accessories," says Carolyn Morris, executive vice president at Icon Shoes. "The addition of this famous pop-artist to the Icon brand opens up tremendous possibilities into a growing demographic of the modern 'Icon.'" 

Icon is a thriller

You never know with Michael, it wouldn't surprise me and I am wondering if they're use of the word "thrilled" was deliberate.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

March 22, 2011, 07:13:26 PM
I wish I'd never clicked on that link... :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

March 22, 2011, 07:21:17 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
I wish I'd never clicked on that link... :lol:

Me too! On-line shopping can be addicting.  I just got two dresses in the mail today...but they're super cute.  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions