Martin Bashir is officially an IDIOT
March 18, 2011, 11:37:13 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

He is making MSNBC look like a bunch of fools.  Please post your remarks.  He needs to be off the aire.  I hate this man with a passion.

The Kicker — March 15, 2011 03:06 PM
Shameless Japan “Coverage” from MSNBC, CBS
By Liz Cox Barrett

A dart to MSNBC and its new hire, Martin Bashir, who used the monologue part of his eponymous cable news show yesterday to connect the unfolding tragedy in Japan to the flailing Hollywood career of the star of the Lethal Weapon movies (h/t, Josh Marshall).

I couldn’t find video of yesterday’s Martin Bashir show in embeddable form but you can watch it here. And here are the highlights (emphasis mine)

BASHIR: It’s time to Clear the Air, and on Friday morning, one man might have been tempted to think that he was incredibly fortunate that the story of his own unstable and volatile behavior would also be buried underneath the horrific earthquake in Japan— news which has dominated this and every broadcast.

You see on Friday, a 9.0 earthquake hit coastal Japan sparking tsunami waves, explosions at a nuclear power plant, and untold death and destruction. Also? Mel Gibson pled no contest to spousal battery in a California courtroom.

And? How could one possibly tie the two together? Who would think to even try? Back to Bashir:

There are some who are now saying that [Gibson’s] career is finished, his character radioactive. Strangely enough, it’s almost exactly what’s being said of that region in the northeast of Japan, where explosions have occurred at a nuclear power plant. Yet somehow, there’s every confidence that just three days after the earthquake, the Japanese people will rebuild their land and restore their nation. Indeed, there’s no doubt about it. But there’s much less confidence in Mel Gibson’s ability to salvage his own career. Which leads us to ask a somewhat difficult question: Is it easier to rebuild a devastated country than it is to restore a devastated character?

Musing that “now is the time” for Gibson “to start humbly rebuilding his world,” Bashir concluded that “if the Japanese can do it, then why not Mel Gibson, too?”

Really.

Another dart to CBSnews.com (although they are no doubt not alone in this) for shamelessly courting the clicks of frightened, uninformed people searching the web for information about nuclear radiation by slapping together a slide show titled “Radiation sickness. 8 terrifying symptoms,” featuring istockphoto images of “Spontaneous Bleeding” (close-up of heavy nose bleed) and “Bloody Diarrhea” (man in bathroom grimacing, clutching stomach) with the following informative and not-at-all-sensational introduction:

People are terrified about being exposed to radiation, including the stuff that some experts fear might leak from the quake-stricken nuclear power plants in Japan. That makes sense. Even if it doesn’t prove fatal, radiation sickness can cause some pretty awful symptoms - and often proves deadly.
Keep clicking to find out eight of the worst…

Yep, it “makes sense” to be “terrified” of that “stuff,” when “even if it doesn’t prove fatal,” it “often proves deadly.” Click on!
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:06:13 PM by ForstAMoon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Re: Martin Bashir is officially an IDIOT
March 18, 2011, 11:55:25 AM
Sorry for saying it, but the guy literally makes me sick. It is unbelievable, he can talk like this in light of one of the largest natural and nuclear disasters.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 18, 2011, 03:12:00 PM
Thank you for sharing this. I've made a self policy not to view anything that he has to say as I don't want it to be taken as though he has supporters out there. Ughh...sorry, not very kind.

Anyway, my prayer is that the world will see him for what he is and realize what he did to Michael. After all, if he can use the Japan devastation as an example for Mel Gibson, what other callous thoughts does he hold.

Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

mumof3

March 18, 2011, 05:26:59 PM
He is never to be trusted Michael proved that why he got another job who knows and to belittle japan is terrible
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

March 18, 2011, 06:53:42 PM
The tittle says it all. I have nothing else to say.. IDIOT
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

MJonmind

February 27, 2012, 04:38:44 PM
I found this interesting video interview (2 parts) of Martin Bashir. He is defending the orthodox Christian belief that Paul and Jesus teach that the majority of humans, who don't believe in Jesus, will go to hell. Here he is arguing that Rob Bell, the author of a controversial book on Universalism, the belief that ALL will eventually be saved, is not following good researching techniques as he (Martin) prides himself in doing. Though he was raised a Muslim, it seems that he has become a Christian.

He talks about his interview of Michael, and at 8:08he mentions people thinking MJ is the Messiah, which I'm sure he thinks is proposterous.  He talks about how his career has been attacked--implying he has done nothing wrong.  I am a universalist in belief myself, belief MJ could be the Chosen One that the Bible foretells is coming, and believe that orthodoxy has largely missed the bigger picture--God's secret.  This interview is in 2 parts.  I find this inter-connectedness fascinating. The interviews of Princess Diana and MJ who were such close friends who opposed TPTB, Martin's major part in destroying Michael's reputation, and his complete missing of MJ's essence, even though he admits he was a great singer/dancer/performer.  I believe it's all another God orchestration on a profound level, not on the surface. Also, IMO Princess Diana represents the false bloodline linking to King David, and MJ represents the true bloodline.

Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:44:22 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
February 27, 2012, 05:07:03 PM
I am LMAO  :lol: :lol: about the title of this thread!!

Thumbs UP to the author!

@MjOnMind: I pretty much see the things the same way as you do!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions