Facebook Scam
March 16, 2011, 08:51:09 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Facebook Scam Claims Michael Jackson Faked His Death
Below:
x Jump to discussion
 comments below discussion
x Next story in Security
 Microsoft security fixes include 'critical' patch related Advertise | AdChoicesBy Matt Liebowitz
SecurityNewsDaily  
updated 3/14/2011 2:14:10 PM ET 2011-03-14T18:14:10
Share Print Font: + - Facebook scammers are using a titillating rumor that Michael Jackson faked his own death as a lure to steal people’s important personal information.

A new video scam has been making its way around Facebook claiming to have video footage that Michael Jackson faked his death on June 25, 2009. The link appears with the title, “Did Michael Jackson fake his death? Look at this video!”

A click on the link takes users to a photo of the King of Pop wearing his trademark white jeweled glove. But following the scam directions won’t take users to a video, but rather to a page that asks people to install a fraudulent application, reports the security firm Sophos.

The application then asks for permission to search the Facebook account holder’s profile and list of friends. In the end, there is no video, and victims are left with their personal information compromised and no proof that Michael Jackson is alive.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Re: Facebook Scam
March 16, 2011, 11:00:16 AM
Oh my goodness it took them two years to notice that the internet is full of hoax videos...  :roll:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal