MissG

THe problem with alcoholism is that it destroys everyone around. Sad fact: alcoholics lie and victimize themselves. They can change...if they want.

I am in no way trashing your dad. He has a choice, the family or himself, and right now he is choosing himself above you all. He can change. He needs to stop being selfish and start to care for his family who show everyday that he is loved.

My opinion is that alcoholism is a social disease/ disfunction.

Sure there are reasons for him to drink and go in to that destructive behaviour, but victimizing himself is killing all of you. You have the human right to be raised within an stable enviroment. Your future development depends on that as well.

Choices. He is feeling miserable and makes everyone part of his mysery. That is very egoistic and not fair.

The best way to help him is not supporting his addiction or finding excuses about why he behaves like that, the way is getting in contact with professionals. If he refuses, then for the sake of all of you, paperwork must be done.

This is just my personal opinion. I am just bored of seeing families broken just because of the egocentricity of one particular member that only thinks about him/herself and drops out of solutions, like effective therapy for a change, because their patterns are more productive to them emotionally talking.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Thank you so much heartwarrior <3 & Gina, you're a sweetheart, thank you soo much for the support. bearhug

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
THe problem with alcoholism is that it destroys everyone around. Sad fact: alcoholics lie and victimize themselves. They can change...if they want.

I am in no way trashing your dad. He has a choice, the family or himself, and right now he is choosing himself above you all. He can change. He needs to stop being selfish and start to care for his family who show everyday that he is loved.

My opinion is that alcoholism is a social disease/ disfunction.

Sure there are reasons for him to drink and go in to that destructive behaviour, but victimizing himself is killing all of you. You have the human right to be raised within an stable enviroment. Your future development depends on that as well.

Choices. He is feeling miserable and makes everyone part of his mysery. That is very egoistic and not fair.

The best way to help him is not supporting his addiction or finding excuses about why he behaves like that, the way is getting in contact with professionals. If he refuses, then for the sake of all of you, paperwork must be done.

This is just my personal opinion. I am just bored of seeing families broken just because of the egocentricity of one particular member that only thinks about him/herself and drops out of solutions, like effective therapy for a change, because their patterns are more productive to them emotionally talking.

Don't worry, I'm not offended. I say the same stuff to my Dad, he does choose himself over his family, and he makes my Mom cry all the time. & Everyone knows that seeing your Mom cry is one of the worst things.  pale/
I don't know how else I can get to my Dad. I've told him how I felt, I've cried, I told him I would run away and he still does it. He doesn't care.  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

MissG

"The best way to help him is not supporting his addiction or finding excuses about why he behaves like that, the way is getting in contact with professionals. If he refuses, then for the sake of all of you, paperwork must be done"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

curls

This is so sad - MissG, with all due respect, addiction is NOT about selfishness. It is a physiological, biochemical condition that is no-one's fault. I don't doubt for one moment that pretty much every addict of any description would love not to be that way, but they can't find and don't know that there IS a way out of their destructive patterns. Google 'Kathleen DesMaisons alcoholism' if you are interested in seeing this from a radically different perspective, that I know from personal experience is worth paying attention to. Most 'professionals' are fumbling about in the dark as much as their 'patients' are. PM me if you want to discuss more as I'm not comfortable doing it here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
MJFAN7 you're such a beautiful girl, is that your photo?

Look, maybe this is an old-fashioned piece of advise, but maybe more prayers would be good for something. Usually it helps a lot. Or try reading Psalm 90, someone gave me a little card with it when I was in the hospital a month ago and I loved it so much, gives you strength.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
Mjfan7...My heart aches for you, and I know from first hand experience,just how devastating living in constant "chaos" can be. Please, my beautiful little sister, know that none of what is happening is your fault! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and if you ever need to talk, please feel free to PM me, because talking with others can be great therapy. Stay strong and positive sweetie, as hard as things may seem right now, you have to Believe that YOUR Life, is not a reflection of your father's, or anyone's  for that matter.

YOU have to do whatever it takes to ensure that "your" life will be one of happiness and LOVE, and as hard as that may seem at the moment, you must NEVER lose sight of that! It is sad that your parents are not there for you, and that you have to witness, and live through all of their negativity, but you can't lose sight of what is really important here, YOU! Find whatever it is that makes you "feel" good, and nourish yourself sweetie...find that "positive" energy wherever you can, and "thrive" on that good energy. Whether it is Michael's music, talking with us, taking a hot bubble bath, reading...whatever it is that makes you feel good, DO IT!

This chapter in your life is just one of God's "life lessons", it is a test of your "Faith" and Belief in yourself. Right now you have a "choice". you can just give up, or you can fight for the LIFE you deserve! I know this is hard being only 15,... I had to grow up way before my time also, but I am telling you that you can change the course of your life...you are the "Captain" of your life, and as much as we need our parents for guidance, the truth is that the only one truly in control of our lives is our self!

Mjfan, I have been reading all of your posts, and I can feel your beautiful Heart and spirit...I can feel your strength, and I can feel your LOVE, so that is why I am telling you these things, because I know you are a "survivor", as am I. I have total Faith that if you put your Belief in LOVE and positivity, that you will not only survive this chapter of your Life, but that you will THRIVE, in the new Life that you create for yourself! I Believe in you, God Believes in you, Michael Believes in you...Do YOU Believe in YOU???

Please know that I LOVE You very much, and that you are a very important member of our Universal "Family"! I am here for you!
LIVE LOVE...BE LOVE, for We are ONE!!!
 bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks everyone for your support. I kinda wish I didn't post that now :oops: because I feel like im being selfish, I know I have nothing to complain about because so many kids have it WAY worse then me, and I feel for them... but it's getting worse everyday and I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to tell a mentor or anyone, because they'll probably call police. and I don't want to live in a foster home or something. I don't want my dad going to jail either, because of course I love him... just not when he's drunk or high, but I can't even remember the last time he wasn't on drugs. Maybe once every 2 months he's sober, I can't even tell anymore!  :evil: argue/

Dear MJFAN7 I just read what you told us about your situation.I'm sorry  :( ,Oh the words fail me right now  :cry: .My parents also divorced and my father had problems with alchool.I cannot say that I had a bad childwood,but the problems with my parents were still there  :( .To be honest with you my parents divorce still hunts me even today,it's something that I will never forget  :( .For one thing I'm very happy ,from all this sad story: that my father is ok now,he is CLEAN and doesen't drink anymore. Please ,please try to be strong!!! I know that words are not enough but I just want to say that I LOVE, you  :) that's all   :) !!!
Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:55:02 AM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I just want to say you guys have already done all you can to help me, by being there for me. I'm silly for never realizing that there was so many wonderful people here, you are all so caring and sweet. God Bless you all bearhug

Gina: Thank you, and believe me I pray a lot, and I go to church every Sunday, and I know that God is in control ♥ ;)

Mjj: Your advice and kindness has made me feel a whole lot better. Thank you sooo much ♥ & while my parents may not be there for me, you all are and so is my strong faith in God. Thank you again. bearhug

Applehead: I'm so sorry to hear what you have went through, but I'm glad your life is better now. Thank you so much for your support.

I will stay strong for you all, for Michael, and for myself of course. Thanks again ♥ You all may not realize, but all of you have made me feel 1000 times better, I feel so loved and cared about here, I can't thank you enough, really.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Oh man, this will be a long Thanksgiving weekend for me! My husband found a stray dog and neither of us have the heart to turn it away, so he's bringing it home in a few hours. I know nothing about this dog, if it has rabies, a disease, fleas, worms etc. and most importantly, i don't know if its dog aggressive. I have a dog so I'm a little worried. I hope it goes alright when he gets here, and I hope he doesn't use the bathroom in my house either lol. I'll have to spend over $100 to get his shots, vaccines, check up and have a doc look at his leg that has teeth marks in it. :(
My rant is not necessarily about taking care of this dog and its not about the money. My rant is about all the irresponsible, selfish, hateful, careless, inhuman people out there who treat animals like useless objects. I see so many strays and it kills me that I'm not able to find them all great homes. It shouldn't be my responsiblity to pick up your animals, spend money on them, go out of my way to find a good home for them. It is YOURS! If you can't take care of a dog DON'T GET ONE! And if you already have a dog and decide you don't want it ATLEAST TAKE IT TO A NO KILL SHELTER (although you should try to find a home for the animal yourself so your animal doesn't risk the chance of spending the rest of its life in a shelter).

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all of those who take care of the innocent, the weak and the helpless.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:36:40 PM by TheMoonIsDancing
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jujubii

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • ♥ wishing i had all the answers so I could see
I'm a bit late, but I still really want to say happy Thanksgiving, everyone <333

I also want to share with you thoughts on to be thankful for all the good things you have received this year.
For those of you suffering tough times, please do not continue to suffer.

Challenges in life really are like our adventure in the hoax in many ways.

We're taken on an emotional rollercoaster that goes along ironically slow tracks of time.
Things that happen can either go really slowly or hit you really fast, but if you take them both equally with patience and perseverence, they will work out in your favor, rewarding you with knowledge, wisdom and even miracles.

That same feeling we get when we find a diamond of something new we discover in the rough (and so much rough) of the hoax?
We should feel the same way with every difficulty life throws at us.
Like MJ, these experiences happen to teach us something, so we appreciate - and be thankful for - whatever good we have, or whatever good we are about to receive.

Keep cherishing, and keep pushing past all the 'bad' parts so you can get to the good stuff...
so you will have more to cherish <3

bless you <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

my darling songbird,
where are you, dear?
are you gone and disappeared?
or are you warbling somewhere

where I cannot yet hear?

Blueberry

Thanks everyone for your support. I kinda wish I didn't post that now :oops: because I feel like im being selfish, I know I have nothing to complain about because so many kids have it WAY worse then me, and I feel for them... but it's getting worse everyday and I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to tell a mentor or anyone, because they'll probably call police. and I don't want to live in a foster home or something. I don't want my dad going to jail either, because of course I love him... just not when he's drunk or high, but I can't even remember the last time he wasn't on drugs. Maybe once every 2 months he's sober, I can't even tell anymore!  :evil: argue/

I feel profoundly sorry for your situation, MJFAN7. It tears my heart into million pieces :'(. To concede, I can in some way recognize myself regarding intoxicated and drugged up father :cry: :'(. It's hard for me to elaborately talk about what I really went through during my childhood. Not a single kid deserves such a anguished childhood :'(. I am only 18 years old, but have went through many demanding things in life. And I am very mature for my age.

You are more than welcome to send a PM to me. We could, if you wish, share our experiences and console each other. We have a lot of things in common! From the bottom of my heart, I hope you are feeling better today. I love you, MJFAN7!

Much L.O.V.E. and many hugs to you! bearhug
Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 04:39:35 AM by BlackOrWhite
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
 Tired, frustrated, giving up,  breaking things, screaming,  crying,  death is nearer and nearer with every second and we don't know what's after or if there is some "after" ....and I'm afraid of that terrible moment when I'll have to say goodbye forever to the people I care for or they will have to say goodbye forever to me, not knowing if we'll meet again "after".

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

I just want to say you guys have already done all you can to help me, by being there for me. I'm silly for never realizing that there was so many wonderful people here, you are all so caring and sweet. God Bless you all bearhug

Gina: Thank you, and believe me I pray a lot, and I go to church every Sunday, and I know that God is in control ♥ ;)

Mjj: Your advice and kindness has made me feel a whole lot better. Thank you sooo much ♥ & while my parents may not be there for me, you all are and so is my strong faith in God. Thank you again. bearhug

Applehead: I'm so sorry to hear what you have went through, but I'm glad your life is better now. Thank you so much for your support.

I will stay strong for you all, for Michael, and for myself of course. Thanks again ♥ You all may not realize, but all of you have made me feel 1000 times better, I feel so loved and cared about here, I can't thank you enough, really.

Sweetie, I wrote you a Pm.. Please read it and let me know if you need my help.. God is wonderful and he will protect you and so are your angels. God bless you..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

trublu

...let me bleed to death....

are you ok? It's a slightly worrying thing to say..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions