pepperTopic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Bhatti Stays Coy on Being Michael Jackson's Son

Photo by Martin V. Johansson
Omer Bhatti and Genevieve Jackson, Michael Jackson's niece, are releasing a single together.

EMMA BJÖRKMAN
METRO WORLD NEWS
Published: March 06, 2011 2:43 p.m.
Last modified: March 06, 2011 2:51 p.m.

When Michael Jackson died in June 2009, Norwegian Omer Bhatti, 27, was said to be an unknown son of the late pop star, a claim repeated by Michael's father, Joe Jackson.

Metro Sweden met Bhatti, who is soon launching his own world tour, and asked him about his relationship with Jackson.

Are you Michael Jackson’s son?
This will only lead to speculation in the media so I don’t want to answer that. I understand that people are curious, but such a large part of my life is public that I want to keep some parts of it private.

How come you were in the front row at his memorial?
I don’t want to get into that. That was a surreal moment.

Now you are releasing your first international single, All Around The World, under the name O-Bee, with Genevieve Jackson, the 21-year-old youngest daughter of Michael Jackson’s brother Randy.
I did this song when I was working on my new EP, which is coming out soon in Norway. I felt that the song needed a female vocalist and Genevieve was the first one I came to think of. So I called her up and she said yes.

When are you releasing your album?
Sometime this summer. The album is personal and is about my life. My life is insane but I hope that people will listen to what I have to say. Now I have recorded a song with Shontelle. My life is like a film, I’ve seen a lot.

Is it a good thing to always be linked to Michael Jackson?
It’s mostly positive, people will always have expectations but I don’t try to live up to them.

What do you say to all the controversy surrounding him – bankruptcy, child molestation charges and that he changed his looks so much?
They pissed me off. Most of it are lies. But Michael used to say ”The bigger the star, the bigger the target,” so he was used to it. But another thing that makes me angry is that when he died, people who earlier spread rumours about him now would praise him.

In your eulogy to Michael Jackson, you wrote that you promise to make him proud. How does it feel that he doesn’t get to see your breakthrough?
I didn’t mean that as an artist, music wasn’t on my mind then. I lost my lust to dance and sing but I gained it back around last summer, but then it wasn’t about music. I meant the way he raised me, I wanted to make him proud. I don’t know if he would be proud of me today but I hope so. Michael always said to me ”Go for your dreams.”

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for sharing this article with us. It's very interesting.

So, it's fairly safe to assume that Omer is not on the "outs" with the Jacksons. He freely called Genevieve and I'm sure if there was a problem she wouldn't have been on his album. Also, he tweets with some of the younger Jacksons so I'm sure he's on good terms with them.

He does speak of Michael in past tense. I did like the part where he spoke of wanting to make Michael proud by the way he lives his life but he spoke as though Michael is dead which leads me to think maybe he doesn't know about the hoax (I thought he did).

He learned well from Michael how to create mystery. He knows that his relationship with Michael is what keeps people more interested in him and he's using it to his advantage. His answer could go either way. He said it would only create speculation. It would create speculation if MJ is his dad because it would mean an illegitimate child. And, the fury would be on to dig into the life of Omer's mother. On the other hand, if he's not MJ's son the speculation would be "why would MJ raise this child"? Very safe answer for Omer. Same goes for the memorial question. He could easily have said that the family wanted to include him like family because he was raised by Michael but instead he left it open to interpretation.

The person doing this interview didn't waste any time asking him the questions that everyone seems to want to know. Interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

I look at Omer, and I see Michael. The fact that he isn't denying it just makes me think he's Michael's son even more.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Good for you Omer.  Keep them guessing.  If he ever made the admission of being Michael’s son, it’s open field day for him. The media would crush him to death and so would a lot of other haters.  It’s nobody’s business.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

~Souza~

So now he's 27? Huh?? Wasn't he younger than that?

Surreal memorial, you got that right Omer :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
So now he's 27? Huh?? Wasn't he younger than that?

Surreal memorial, you got that right Omer :lol:

:lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Those who were dancing were thought to be quite insane by those who could not
hear the music....."

Quote from: "MJFAN7"
I look at Omer, and I see Michael. The fact that he isn't denying it just makes me think he's Michael's son even more.

Agree!! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Those who were dancing were thought to be quite insane by those who could not
hear the music....."

suspicious mind

i gotta say it . hope i don't offend anyone. screw mystery . if michael is his father he should shout it from the rooftops. sorry just my take on it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
i gotta say it . hope i don't offend anyone. screw mystery . if michael is his father he should shout it from the rooftops. sorry just my take on it.

I understand your feelings on the subject. If I were Omer I would want people to know I was his child. However, we don't know what agreement they have as a family. Perhaps Omer wants to make it in the industry on his own. Think about it - he could possibly have been a backup dancer in TII if he wanted to but he wasn't. The same goes that maybe he's seen the way LMP is always compared to her father and he doesn't want that hanging over his head. Just thinking out loud.

I also agree with hesouttamylife - the media would eat him alive. The stories would fly that he's only out for MJ's money, etc. It is none of our business. If they want us to know they will tell us.

Blessings :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

I think Michael wanted to let Omer have his own life, without paparazzi all over him. Do you remember back after the memorial? The news coverage on him was CRAZY, he was being identified as Michael's "love child" and everyone was talking about it, then it settled down. Could you imagine if he said he was Michael's son? The paparazzi would not leave him alone, I guarantee it! So I think if he is Michael's son, Michael wants to keep him kind of private, and let him live free.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

suspicious mind

really? :o well then what does that say about what is going on with the other three right now?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

suspicious mind

really? :o well then what does that say about what is going on with the other three right now?
sorry to behave badly. :oops:  :(  everyone has always known  lisa was elvis daughter. it didn't do that much to alter her career.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
The answer he gave about him being MJ's kid, is interesting. With that answer he seems far from denying he is MJ's son. And a SURREAL memorial? Surreal means bizarre or dreamlike. And if we check out what SURREALISM is here is the definition of it.

Surrealism is a cultural movement that began in the early 1920s, and is best known for the visual artworks and writings of the group members.

Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur; however, many Surrealist artists and writers regard their work as an expression of the philosophical movement first and foremost, with the works being an artefact.

The definition perfectly fits with the memorial and the entire hoax. We are having many suprises and unexpected juxtapositions. Omar chose the perfect word.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RunFaYaLife

I do not think Omar Bhatti is Michael Jackson's son or even related to him.
He looks nothing like him or Blanket ..other than the hair...big whoop.

Omar is just using that as a ruse to further his own career...if you will think
back to right after MJ-"died" Omar offered to take a DNA test to prove he was NOT his son.
Now he has mysteriously dropped that offer.....things that make you go
riiiiiiiight Omar. *eye*roll*

Michael Jackson Waterskiing and Parasailing in South Afica with Omar

[youtube:r6kpkmfz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8jPaKIoJnc[/youtube:r6kpkmfz]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
He learned well from Michael how to create mystery. He knows that his relationship with Michael is what keeps people more interested in him and he's using it to his advantage. His answer could go either way. He said it would only create speculation. It would create speculation if MJ is his dad because it would mean an illegitimate child. And, the fury would be on to dig into the life of Omer's mother. On the other hand, if he's not MJ's son the speculation would be "why would MJ raise this child"? Very safe answer for Omer. Same goes for the memorial question. He could easily have said that the family wanted to include him like family because he was raised by Michael but instead he left it open to interpretation.

I think this is a very good assessment of the speculation either way. But I agree with suspicious mind. I don't believe he is his son, but the mystery and controversy are welcome to both Omer and MJ. The connection is financially profitable for Omer and the mystery keeps MJ's name in discussions. All good. Prince was conceived when MJ was still married to LMP, Paris when he was married to Debbie, and Blanket as an illegitamate child. Yet MJ is proud to say they are his full children, highly visibly and protectingly. It still seems MJ wants his 3 children also to do well on their own choices of careers, follow their dreams. When Omer says MJ "raised" him, sounds like what a parent would do, yet he only first met MJ when he was 12. That's hardly "raising". Personally I think MJ bonded well to Omer and recognized that he wanted to sing and dance like him, thus taking him everywhere as a son. He yearned for his "own" children still. People can resemble people and not be related by blood.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions