Robin Leach's Vegas DeLuxe
Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2011 | 4:28 p.m.

Celine Dion’s Oscar tribute to Michael Jackson

Superstar Celine Dion has revealed the surprising reason behind her decision to perform Charlie Chaplin’s “Smile” at Sunday’s Academy Awards. The song also will be part of the Canadian songbird’s new Caesars Palace show that opens March 15. She flies to L.A. for the live ABC telecast, where she’ll sing the song as photographs of Hollywood’s elite who passed away this past year appear onscreen behind her.

The performance is a tribute to Michael Jackson, who often said it was his favorite song. Celine explained: “He changed my life. I saw him on TV, and I wanted to sing in English because he did, so I learned English and met with him and sang with him. He came to see the show and had a big impact on my life.” Michael’s brother Jermaine and friend Brooke Shields noted “Smile” at the King of Pop’s memorial service.
***************************************************************************************************************************************

I will be curious to see if Michael's photo is shown during this Memoriam segment....if it is there, I find this very odd as these are the 2011 Oscars, which honor 2010 films and stars who passed away in 2010....MJ "died" half a year before 2010 even started....what is up with this? Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he might have been shown in last year's 2010 Oscar Memoriam clip....yet he's never been shown in the same segment in the Grammy's in 2010 or 2011?

ODD! ODD! ODD!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

all4loveandbelieve

yes it is very odd. Celine was in Oprah on monday and she did say that she will tribute her songs in honor of Michael. They were very close, I met celine once upon a time, she was very young,  I was young also. She was best  friends with one of my friend, my friend was french. I lost track of her, and I do wonder if she still sees Celine.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Hmm probably she doesn't know anything about the hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wow MJ is getting a tribute on the 2011 Oscars too.  It's been like two years now and he is constantly being mentioned.   How many tributes has this been now?lol  Anyway he deserve it.  It really does seem like he is behind some of these programs sometimes.  Anyway Celine thought very highly of MJ which is nice of her to tribute him in her show.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tove

Sorry, I don't know if this is right thread but I didn't find any better.
So, i've had the strange feeling all the time that Celine knows about the hoax. I just saw this tribute video from her to Michael You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Words are a bit different and in the end is again the liberian girl -picture. I know, this isn't a proper investigation, but anyway very interresting!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions