sister REBBIE has opened up about her daughter's battle with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia in a bid to raise awareness of mental illness.

The star admits coping with the problems faced by Yashi Brown - one of her three children with childhood sweetheart Nathaniel Brown - has been difficult.

She tells FOX411's Pop Tarts, "It was such a hard thing, it has all been an experience I will never ever forget and all I wanted was to find a solution or a way in which Yashi could just solve the problems.

"A lot of people have these disorders and they don't know it because there are very different degrees of bipolar. So many people have this but they can't figure out what their problem is. So you have to get to the core of the problem, expose it and accept it does exist, and then you can go about learning how to deal with it."

Yashi is also preparing to make details of her battle public - she's releasing a book, entitled Black Daisy in a White Limousine: 77 Poems, to help other sufferers.

She says, "Of course growing up in a high profile family especially will make you feel like you need to be some sort of an example or be super strong to the people around you and not be yourself. Instead of saying, 'I have these challenges and other people have these same challenges and let's communicate and talk about it' as opposed to trying to act like they don't exist or that you have it all together is really exacerbating it in the long run.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I really commend Rebbie and Yashi for speaking out about this.  Good for them.  I hope the best for her daughter.  This subject is so taboo in our community and it needs to be addressed.  It's nothing to be ashamed about.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Agreed.  Than name of the book was intriguing to me. 77 poems?  So many sevens! Now that the Jacksons, even Rebbie who was the quietest media-wise, are front and centre with all their different projects/events, it seems that the spotlight was intended to shine on them at this point and Rebbie is doing something for the greater good here.  Would she have got as much media exposure before the hoax began and she did those other TV interviews?  I doubt it.  So we just have to wait and see what else is in the pipeline.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Quote from: "trustno1"
Agreed.  Than name of the book was intriguing to me. 77 poems?  So many sevens! Now that the Jacksons, even Rebbie who was the quietest media-wise, are front and centre with all their different projects/events, it seems that the spotlight was intended to shine on them at this point and Rebbie is doing something for the greater good here.  Would she have got as much media exposure before the hoax began and she did those other TV interviews?  I doubt it.  So we just have to wait and see what else is in the pipeline.

I get the same feeling. Family is very important in this adventure. I remember MJ talking about the importance of family in his speech at Oxford. I am thinking he is implying this very point through the actions of his own family and giving them their due shine through his "death". It is an interesting way to do it but it is working. I look forward to reading more about this book and Janet's book as well. I love inspiration in whatever form it comes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

It was said (cant remember by who, in what book) - that Michael had schizophrenia.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael had schizophrenia????  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Why is this family selling their secrets instead of music, films, videos? Is there really anything else left for sale?  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

what's all these books coming out?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RunFaYaLife

It was said (cant remember by who, in what book) - that Michael had schizophrenia.

I've read that too.
Oddly the statement was something like this...
"Michael was diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was young."
Meaning I cannot remember or it was not made clear when that was.

He may have has some disorder...but I do not think it was this.
It is not a mental disorder that goes away or into remission.

I did not bother to Google it.... but I am thinking this came from Stacey Brown's
non published book or Halprin.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions