2good2btrueTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
This has been bothering me for a while.  In the autopsy report, a brown fluid was found in the contents of his stomach.

Yet, it is a well known fact, the people need to fast before general anesthetic.

Also, the taste of propofol is disgusting:

What happens if you drink propofol?

Well, to start with, it would taste nasty. It has a smell that's reminiscent of industrial chemicals, and it's oily. Yuk. I think that ingestion of a significant amount of it would cause vomiting.

It is not supposed to be pharmacologically active when taken orally (as compared to fospropofol, which is). I don't know anyone who has tried it. We don't use orally administered drugs in anesthesia because the absorption is unpredictable, it takes too long to get an effect, it's not titratable, and we are very particular about keeping stomachs empty, so as to avoid aspiration.I doubt oral administration of propofol has been studied, as that is not how it is meant to be used. (The prescribing literature states that the effects are unknown, and that is in relation to its excretion in breast milk and possible effect on nursing infants.)

In contrast, we know a lot about injecting it. A little bit will get you drowsy. A little bit more will cause you to lose consciousness. A little bit more than that will cause you to stop breathing. How much those bits are varies from person to person. I've given propofol to many, many thousands of patients, and sometimes I get surprised by how it affects someone. However, I have the equipment and skills to take care of any problems that arise.

Tell me what you think about this???
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

i've already seen one of theat propofol and your right it has a nasty smell. And my clinical instructor also told me that prior to administration of any kind of anesthesia the patient should not eat nor drink anything for atleast 6 hours before the operation correct me if im wrong
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Before you judge me try hard to love me

I've had it many times too and always wake SICK.  Nauseous.  For hours.  And you have to really sleep off the effects of it.  It takes hours to really come out of it.  Not a good thing to live by as it would knock you out, but for hours after you'd not be walking around...ill, spinning world and too exhausted to get out of the bed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "fordtocarr"
I've had it many times too and always wake SICK.  Nauseous.  For hours.  And you have to really sleep off the effects of it.  It takes hours to really come out of it.  Not a good thing to live by as it would knock you out, but for hours after you'd not be walking around...ill, spinning world and too exhausted to get out of the bed.

Yea, I have NO IDEA how he did this night after night! When you wake up from it you are usually groggy,
sick and dizzy. The effects of it would ruin the rest of your day wouldn't it??
Still have a hard time believing he did this night after night and then went to rehearsals. Its just too
hard to believe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Those who were dancing were thought to be quite insane by those who could not
hear the music....."

Maybe because we shouldn't believe it! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If for sedation only Propofol is used the side effects are minimal to no at all. I experienced it once and felt just great afterwards. Nothing compared to regular - full - aasthesia.

Therefore I can confirm this from Wikipedia:

"It has been reported that the euphoria caused by propofol is unlike that caused by other sedation agents, "I even remember my first experience using propofol: a young woman who was emerging from a MAC anesthesia looked at me as though I were a masked Brad Pitt and told me that she felt simply wonderful." —C.F. Ward, M.D.[22] ...

There are reports of self-administration of propofol for recreational purposes.[26][27] Short-term effects include mild euphoria, hallucinations, and disinhibition.[28][29] Long-term use has been reported to result in addiction.[30][31] Such use of the drug has been described amongst medical staff, such as anaesthetists who have access to the drug.[30] Misuse is reported to be more common among anaesthetists on rotations with short rest periods, as recreational users report rousing to a well-rested state.[32] Recreational use of the drug is relatively rare due to its potency and the level of monitoring required to take it safely."

A friend of mine who is an anaesthetist told me about it (common misuse by medical staff because of "very good recreation").
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]L.O.V.E.  Aintnosunshine[/size]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I don't know if this helps, but I have a surgery coming up on March 4th...I was given very strict orders, nothing after midnight, not even water, the surgery isn't til 11a.m.
I have had surgery before, and in the recovery room with the affects of this stuff wearing off, my body did not remember to keep breathing, there for they had to put tube back down my throat til I was really awake enough...I hate the feeling when waking up form that stuff..
for the surgery coming up, they know now to keep breathing tube in, til I am fully awake and know whats going on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
SAVE UR CASH, DON\'T BUY TABLOID TRASH.

]

ditto, above.
I've never once heard of anything like the other comment above about GOOD effects of the stuff...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Sorry, can't concentrate - SunShine's pics are too distracting!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrueTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Quote from: "curls"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

If MJ researched the drug thoroughly, then he would know that it can't and shouldn't be ingested.

The effects are not the same at all.  And there is no guarantee that it will work.!!

So therefore, (my dear watson), I conclude that the "He woke up and drank it himself" theory is bullshit.

If he mixed it with juice, then the effects would have taken even longer, and Dr Murray would have found him still awake and complaining.......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "curls"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  It really is  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Quote from: "2good2btrue"
[

If MJ researched the drug thoroughly, then he would know that it can't and shouldn't be ingested.

The effects are not the same at all.  And there is no guarantee that it will work.!!

So therefore, (my dear watson), I conclude that the "He woke up and drank it himself" theory is bullshit.

If he mixed it with juice, then the effects would have taken even longer, and Dr Murray would have found him still awake and complaining.......

I agree Sherlok  :D  I don't even believe that Michael was taking Propofol as a sleeping medication. He is not a doctor but not stupid and has always been careful to his health and selective with food and drink. He definitely could not drink Propofol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Dancer

In my country the medical opinion about drinking before you have an operation has changed recently. Doctors now allow to drink some water (not too much, but a bit, and it has to be water, they don't allow other drinks) 2 hours before the operation starts. Still they say you should not eat 6 hours before the operation.
You are right, it is ridiculous to say that someone would drink propofol.
I agree with scorpionchik:
I don't even believe that Michael was taking Propofol as a sleeping medication. He is not a doctor but not stupid and has always been careful to his health and selective with food and drink. He definitely could not drink Propofol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Akon on MJ, May 2009]The way he thinks....some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It\'s on another level...[/size][/color]

bec

Initial explanations for the Propofol in the stomach on the AR were because resuscitation efforts in turn ruptured the stomach (minorly) causing some bleeding. Because the Propofol was in the bloodstream, it was present in the stomach contents for the AR. The amount found present in the stomach was extremely minute and residual.

I'm surprised no one else remembers this  :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions