Conrad Murrays Defence Lawyer to become a TV Star
February 20, 2011, 10:23:16 PM

Michael Jackson's doc's defending lawyer to become TV star?

London, Feb 20 : Ed Chernoff, the lawyer defending Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray, is apparently being offered millions to become a TV star.

His work defending Murray, who is accused of involuntary manslaughter, has attracted a string of deals, reports the Daily Star.

He is so confident about making money from spin-offs that he's agreed to work the case for free.

Ed said: "If I walk out with my client at the end of the trial, it's going to have a tremendous impact on my practice."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
:lol:  :lol: I thought he already was a TV star :lol:  :lol:

So now he is working free of charge, because he knows MJ is going to pay him lots of $$$$$$$ for playing his part in this real life "Thriller".......

We already have a real-life documentary of Dr Murray, and now we will have another one about the lawyer who saved Murray, who saved Michael
;)  ;)  :D  :D

This just gets better and better each day...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ijcsly

oh! and just days ago i read an interview that he was being paid well for his services...!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

May be the lawyer wants to be the next soap opera star....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

With Conrad Murray now expected to be indicted in the death of Michael Jackson, meet the tattooed former prosecutor from Houston who will seek to keep the doctor out of jail. Plus, Gerald Posner on the L.A. District Attorney’s office battles that helped delay the charges expected against Murray.

Editor's Note: In an earlier version of this article, one sentence was copied from a Texas Lawyer report without attribution. The Daily Beast has attributed the sentence and regrets the error.

Now that Dr. Conrad Murray is expected to be indicted for involuntary manslaughter, it seems likely there will be another Los Angeles-based “trial of the century.” Celebrity defendants in previous media-saturated trials were sometimes represented by celebrity attorneys: F. Lee Bailey, Barry Scheck, Johnnie Cochran. But Murray’s defense lawyer, Ed Chernoff, probably wasn’t even on the Rolodex of any Court TV producer.

Murray and Chernoff had never met before Jackson’s death. The morning after the pop star died last June, and police began questioning Murray at the UCLA Medical Center, Murray called an attorney he knew in Houston. (Murray has medical clinics there and in Las Vegas.) That lawyer called another, who in turn recommended Chernoff.

“He’s so damn smart, and the juries like him and find him trustworthy.”

“When I first heard it, I thought it was a con,” recalls Chernoff, a bodybuilder and former star prosecutor whose three-person Houston firm has carved out a business in DWI’s, sex crimes, domestic disputes and murder. After several phone calls, Chernoff was willing “to make the leap of faith and fly to Los Angeles, but I said that someone has to get money in our account so I don’t go out naked to L.A. on some boondoggle.”

Murray paid for Chernoff’s $1,200 last-minute flight by credit card. “I didn’t even have time for a Google search before heading to the airport,” recalls Chernoff. Sitting in the rear of a packed plane, he did a lot of “you’re kidding me” to two strangers who turned out to be Jackson-obsessed; he got enough details during the four-hour flight to realize how serious the situation was for his new client.

Chernoff and Murray met the next morning at the Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey, a spot they picked to avoid the paparazzi. They created a makeshift office in a private room near the hotel’s restaurant. When the police came to interview Murray that night at the hotel, he laid out a timeline of what happened the night Jackson died, and what medications he had administered to the singer. While Chernoff won’t discuss the details of that meeting, he told The Daily Beast "that what Murray told the police hasn’t changed and what he told them he did isn’t a crime.”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions