finfinTopic starter

Dr. Conrad Murray hires new lawyer
February 14, 2011, 04:30:39 PM
Dr. Conrad Murray hires new lawyerFrom Ted Rowlands, CNN
February 14, 2011 -- Updated 2116 GMT (0516 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Nareg Gourjian joins Ed Chernoff and J. Michael Flanagan to defend the doctor
He replaces lawyer Joseph Low, who is leaving the team; the trial is to start March 24
Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson's death
Los Angeles (CNN) -- Dr. Conrad Murray, whose involuntary manslaughter trial starts next month, has hired a new lawyer for his legal team.

Los Angeles lawyer Nareg Gourjian will assist lawyers Ed Chernoff and J. Michael Flanagan in defending Murray, who is charged in pop star Michael Jackson's death.

A document filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday said Gourjian is replacing Joseph Low, who is leaving the Murray defense team.

Gourjian is a former of associate of Mark Geragos, a lawyer known for high-profile criminal cases. He helped Geragos with those cases, including Chris Brown's domestic violence charge and the trial of Scott Peterson, who was convicted of killing his wife.

Gourjian currently represents Joe Finley, an "America's Got Talent" prospect whose wife was found dead last fall at a Los Angeles hotel.

Murray is accused of killing Michael Jackson in June of 2009 with an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

The defense lawyers and prosecution will meet for a hearing Tuesday to discuss discovery motions and other issues as they prepare for the start of jury selection on March 24.

Judge Michael Pastor ruled last week that the trial can be televised.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

suspicious mind

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray hires new lawyer
February 14, 2011, 05:48:19 PM
:oops: i did it again :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
February 14, 2011, 07:41:53 PM
He's going to need all the help he can.........

Wonder why the lawyer is leaving???

Did he think that there are too many inconsistencies ????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2011, 08:19:06 PM
TrueNewsZone

RT @_Ylvette Dr. Murray hires new lawyer. Check out the name of his firm. It's the same Mark Gregaros from MJ's 2005 trial.. interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2011, 09:17:31 PM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"

Hi suspicious mind...what did you do again? :)

I saw this earlier and thought of MJ's 2005 trial. Some believe that this parallels the trial and we all know that Mr Messereau was hired to replace Mark G.

The person who was replaced is indeed connected to Mark Gregaros, which is interesting.

I also found that Mr Messereau was hired in April 2004 so I'm not sure there is any significance for the dates other than having one lawyer replaced.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

suspicious mind

February 14, 2011, 09:47:23 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

Hi suspicious mind...what did you do again? :)

I saw this earlier and thought of MJ's 2005 trial. Some believe that this parallels the trial and we all know that Mr Messereau was hired to replace Mark G.

The person who was replaced is indeed connected to Mark Gregaros, which is interesting.

I also found that Mr Messereau was hired in April 2004 so I'm not sure there is any significance for the dates other than having one lawyer replaced.

oh just one of my mess up the post and be stuck with no where to go with it.
i was going to post just reading on discovery and jump on an article that was more specific to (of all things) false accusation charges and not what murry is charged with.

you know it seems like there was a little remark by this fanagan about someone refering murry to him but he diclined to comment who it was. i thought that was interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

bec

February 14, 2011, 09:57:28 PM
Do I recall that Oxman was replaced during the 2005 trial?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

suspicious mind

February 14, 2011, 09:58:32 PM
Quote from: "bec"

i think both of them yes. according to luna jo maybe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 14, 2011, 11:22:07 PM

Was Mr Oxman replaced or just banned? I am not sure - just asking, but I thought I had read that near the end Mr Messereau banned Mr. Oxman from court.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

bec

February 14, 2011, 11:27:31 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

Was Mr Oxman replaced or just banned? I am not sure - just asking, but I thought I had read that near the end Mr Messereau banned Mr. Oxman from court.

Yes, that's what I was remembering. Was he not replaced with someone else? Just fired?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

suspicious mind

February 15, 2011, 05:58:12 AM
yeah i am not really sure about oxman. i do remember someone mentioning about him snoozing during court.
and about gregarous(sp) i wonder if it was possible he was dismissed as representation so that he could be called to testify as i think he did end up doing. don't quote me on that one but i guess it is something we could verify somehow (the testimony part that is , not the motivation ;) ).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 15, 2011, 06:24:21 AM
So where does Sneddon fit into this plan?  I can almost see him lurking in the shadows ready to pop out like a Jackass in the Box.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

February 15, 2011, 06:25:51 AM
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
February 15, 2011, 06:31:13 AM
Apparently, this Lawyer, also worked with Michael Jackson, and is it just a co-incidence that it happened to be In February 2003, that MJ changed lawyers to Messarau

Mr. Jackson hired Mr. Geragos in February 2003, when the accusations surfaced that he might have molested the boy, a cancer survivor who was then 13.

Mr. Jackson hired Mr. Geragos in February 2003, when the accusations surfaced that he might have molested the boy, a cancer survivor who was then 13.

Mr. Jackson dismissed Mr. Geragos in April 2004 because the lawyer was apparently too busy defending Scott Peterson against charges of killing his pregnant wife, Laci. Mr. Peterson was subsequently convicted and sentenced to death.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dr. Conrad Murray hires new lawyer
February 15, 2011, 03:48:16 PM
Hello!!!!

I don't know if someone has seen this,but I thimk this is important news.

From Ted Rowlands, CNN
February 15, 2011 — Updated 1135 GMT (1935 HKT)
Los Angeles (CNN) — Dr. Conrad Murray, whose involuntary manslaughter trial starts next month, has hired a new lawyer for his legal team.

Los Angeles lawyer Nareg Gourjian will assist lawyers Ed Chernoff and J. Michael Flanagan in defending Murray, who is charged in pop star Michael Jackson’s death.

A document filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday said Gourjian is replacing Joseph Low, who is leaving the Murray defense team.

Gourjian is a former of associate of Mark Geragos, a lawyer known for high-profile criminal cases. He helped Geragos with those cases, including Chris Brown’s domestic violence charge and the trial of Scott Peterson, who was convicted of killing his wife.

From Ted Rowlands, CNN
February 15, 2011 — Updated 1135 GMT (1935 HKT)
Los Angeles (CNN) — Dr. Conrad Murray, whose involuntary manslaughter trial starts next month, has hired a new lawyer for his legal team.

Los Angeles lawyer Nareg Gourjian will assist lawyers Ed Chernoff and J. Michael Flanagan in defending Murray, who is charged in pop star Michael Jackson’s death.

Gourjian is a former of associate of Mark Geragos, a lawyer known for high-profile criminal cases. He helped Geragos with those cases, including Chris Brown’s domestic violence charge and the trial of Scott Peterson, who was convicted of killing his wife.

Gourjian currently represents Joe Finley, an “America’s Got Talent” prospect whose wife was found dead last fall at a Los Angeles hotel.

Murray is accused of killing Michael Jackson in June of 2009 with an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

The defense lawyers and prosecution will meet for a hearing Tuesday to discuss discovery motions and other issues as they prepare for the start of jury selection on March 24.

Judge Michael Pastor ruled last week that the trial can be televised.

And one more thing before I go please watch what Ed Chernoff has to say regarding Murray's trial witch will be soon. Pay attention at what he is disscusing ,its very important,he says why did all this circus took so long ,before going to trial.

Ed Chernoff Discusses The Representation Of Conrad Murray[youtube:2txsn0n1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t26_9s0o-f0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:2txsn0n1]

OMG the reporter is asking him if after all this is over ,he will write a book or no, :D ,lol,another book.His answer is very funny,he sayd that after the trial will be over he will go back TO HIS ANONYMOUS LIFE  :o  :? and that his wife and him could go on a beach somewere.He was on this 24/7 ,the guy who runs TMZ  :shock: ,use to call him at 3 AM,he receives hundreds of e-mails from all over the WORLD,phone calls, etc, so this must be  very painful lol :lol: .
What that skeleton is doing there????  :shock:

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions