Re: The speech in a whole new light...
February 23, 2011, 03:22:47 AM
I just typed up an analysis, and it was quite long so I put it in a new thread. Check it out.  ;)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hold me, like the river Jordan
And I will then say to thee
You are my friend

MJonmind

February 23, 2011, 03:45:57 AM
Thanks EyeHeartMJ for helping us see from that perspective.

I just can't watch this speech enough. Every tiny inflection, pause, stutter, giggle, etc. is laden with purpose IMO.
My favorite part is when he says, "This is it, and when I say This is It, I really mean This is It because..." and then he laughs this conniving secretive little cute laugh. If he was going to be performing 10 or even 50 concerts there would be no need to laugh about it being really it. I think he's laughing because he knows the hoax is coming and it's a little clue for us that there's something up his sleeve. The prankster!! :D  :oops:  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

February 23, 2011, 04:08:28 AM
Quote from: "MJonmind"
Thanks EyeHeartMJ for helping us see from that perspective.

I just can't watch this speech enough. Every tiny inflection, pause, stutter, giggle, etc. is laden with purpose IMO.
My favorite part is when he says, "This is it, and when I say This is It, I really mean This is It because..." and then he laughs this conniving secretive little cute laugh. If he was going to be performing 10 or even 50 concerts there would be no need to laugh about it being really it. I think he's laughing because he knows the hoax is coming and it's a little clue for us that there's something up his sleeve. The prankster!! :D  :oops:  8-)

Sort of like 'I know something you don't know!'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

February 23, 2011, 04:15:20 AM
EyeHeartMJ, I think your analysis is fine right here! It follows on nicely from what we've been discussing. Thanks!

I agree the body language here is fascinating. He's kicking off his hoax that he's been planning for years, so a bit of nervous excitement is totally understandable and probably deliberate!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

February 23, 2011, 07:04:17 AM
i understand there was supposed to be some sort of fan survery about the chosen songs. that shoulder shrug has always stood out to me. i know people have analized the songs that were done. as i was listening to history the other day i began to wonder. what about the songs he didn't chose. is there something there that is telling? just a thought.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal