You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

On Wednesday 26th January 2011, @fdcascio said:

I can't wait to introduce the world to "My Friend Michael"
LIFELONG FRIEND OF MICHAEL JACKSON, FRANK CASCIO,
TO PUBLISH “MY FRIEND MICHAEL” WITH WILLIAM MORROW

Most Candid, Detailed Portrait of Pop Icon to Include
Many Never-Before-Seen Photos

New York, NY (January 25, 2011) – William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publisher today announced an agreement to publish the memoir MY FRIEND MICHAEL: Growing Up with the King of Pop by producer and lifelong Jackson friend, Frank Cascio.

The memoir, scheduled for Fall 2011, will chronicle Cascio’s relationship with Michael Jackson over 25 years and reveal the inside, behind-the-scenes story of the Michael that Cascio knew as the performer’s friend and closest confidante, offering the most candid, moving, and detailed portrait of the pop icon. The book will also include photos never before seen by the public.

Cascio intends to dedicate a portion of his proceeds from the book to charities benefiting children around the world. He plans to start with an organization that has been building housing, schools and orphanages in Haiti since the devastating earthquake that left many children without families. Details of his plans will be announced in the coming months.

Acquiring editor Matt Harper says “For more than 25 years, Frank was fortunate enough to be one of the few people that Michael Jackson chose to have around him. In that time he witnessed many of the singer’s most private and public moments firsthand, and with this book, Frank will share a side of Michael that only a handful of people have seen--a side that will set the record straight and change how people think about this often misunderstood icon.”

In MY FRIEND MICHAEL, Cascio tells the full story of his life with Michael, offering an uplifting and definitive account of the superstar’s life from someone who lived it alongside him during the most controversial times of Michael’s life. What emerges is an emotional new side of the “King of Pop,”––a human one that was at times unremarkably average but also terribly scarred by his life in the spotlight both on and off the stage. Packed with never-before-seen photos, amazingly insightful revelations, personal anecdotes, and private moments that are essential for every Michael Jackson fan, this book is a treasury of Michael Jackson lore, one that both celebrates his life and presents him as the special person that he really was.

World Rights to the book were acquired by William Morrow Senior Editor, Matt Harper from Matthew Guma of the Guma Agency.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Frank Cascio, an entrepreneur and producer who splits his time between New York, Los Angeles, and Germany, knew Michael Jackson for more than 25 years, including serving as his personal manager for nearly a decade from the 90's into the '00's . During that time, Cascio developed and co-produced “The Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Celebration, Madison Square Garden,” was co-producer and creative director of “The Michael Jackson Interview: Footage You Were Never Meant to See,” executive producer and creative director in collaboration with Brett Ratner on “Michael Jackson Private Home Movies,” which aired on Fox in 2003.
Cascio is a co-founder and partner in the private equity platform, IMPERIAL™. Through this platform, he and his partners, entertainment attorney, Eric Lerner, and venture capitalist, Sean Koh, deploy strategic capital to their portfolio companies in the areas of film and television development and production, media, technology and music publishing.
He is also part of the music production trio DTC based in Berlin, Germany.
ABOUT HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERS:
HarperCollins, one of the largest English-language publishers in the world, is a subsidiary of News Corporation (NYSE: NWS, NWS.A; ASX: NWS, NWSLV). Headquartered in New York, HarperCollins has publishing groups around the world including the HarperCollins General Books Group, HarperCollins Children's Books Group, Zondervan, HarperCollins UK, HarperCollins Canada, HarperCollins Australia/New Zealand and HarperCollins India. HarperCollins is a broad-based publisher with strengths in literary and commercial fiction, business books, children's books, cookbooks, mystery, romance, reference, religious and spiritual books. With nearly 200 years of history HarperCollins has published some of the world's foremost authors and has won numerous awards including the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award, the Newbery Medal and the Caldecott. You can visit HarperCollins Publishers on the Internet at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I honestly believe that Frank has Michael's go-ahead with this book, especially since some of the proceeds are going to childrens charities.  The Cascios have been so loyal to Michael for years and years and I think that if Michael were in fact dead, this book would not be written because Frank would still feel that loyalty, probably even more so.  I am wondering if the book is due in the fall, if it will come before or after the BAM...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'll be honest,I don't know how I feel about this yet.
I think throwing the charity donation idea/wish/plan in with it is to minimise the backlash he is going to get from Michael's fans about ANOTHER 'friend' writing about him,giving away private moments,making money off of him.

Yes,Michael would agree to giving proceeds to charity,of course but does Frank really need to use private memories,'memoirs' and never before seen pictures of him,attach Michael's name to it to do that?What's wrong with a private personal donation to the Haiti fund?

Unless Michael has given permission for him to write this book,which I really can't see him doing since he likes his privacy when he can get it,I don't see how it is any different to KF chatting shit on twitter or any other book written about him by an 'insider' 'friend' whatever.
I hope he has,and the book is justified and the donation to the charity is partly Michael's wish with Frank's.We shall see what happens between now and Fall....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I definitely see your point too Sinderella.  I just have this feeling that this book has Michael's blessing and that maybe it was written from Michael's point of view, like he's explaining why he's done certain things, his beliefs, what's important to him, etc.  I think I see it this way because I believe Michael is alive and the Cascios know this, for a fact.  If they kept their friendship with Michael a secret for over 20 years, I think they can keep the secret that he's still alive.  When I saw that family on Oprah, I didn't for a second feel that they had lost a very dear friend.  They didn't appear to be mourning and I would think someone would've broken down and cried genuine tears if Michael was gone.  And everybody cries on Oprah so all the more stranger than there didn't seem to be real honest heart ache there.  I will be surprised and disappointed if Frank is doing this for attention/money.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Maybe by Fall 2011, Michael will help his friend promote his book.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

I see your point as well Andrea =]
As I said,I do hope Michael is behind it and it is being done the way it is being projected to the world now.A lot is going to happen between January and Fall so maybe more will come to light on what inspired it...or who....
I've seen a few negative status's suggesting what I said earlier,about him being another book writing friend so it has already started.

I agree with the Oprah show also,they didn't seem to cut up about losing him after spending so much time with him,in secret,seeing him like no one else did..hanging out in his PJ's doing whatever,talking about those memories should have triggered at least a sniffle and required a kleenex from Oprah's 'team' haha.

Up to now,I think I can count on one hand the people who have cried,tried to cry and who looked genuinley distraught by his death since June 2009.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Ya there will always be those who react negatively, thus is human nature I suppose...

Quote from: "Sinderella"
Up to now,I think I can count on one hand the people who have cried,tried to cry and who looked genuinley distraught by his death since June 2009.

1. Brooke Shields (who is an actress)
...and the fans??  Huh, I can't even count on one hand.  :?  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Her,Paris tried/kinda cried at the memorial,Katherine cried on Oprah,urm...oh and Tatiana looked totally distruaght at the FL funeral,she's clearly out the hoax loop.

Counted on one hand and I even have a spare finger for the next person who wants to force a sob out...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Does anyone know if any of the Cascios were at the Memorial or funeral?  I honestly can't remember seeing any pictures or video of them...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

They were listed as attending the Staples one but I don't think I looked for them,and I haven't checked the FL footage either for them.When I look at that I just end up watching the actress who's name is escaping me right now saying 'I was crying,and then he said he's alive,and we all went together to...'what looks like her saying hayvenhurst

I get distracted i'm sure you can see why lol!

Something else to look into,i'm sure they would have been invited,but then,saying that....everyone else who should of been there was missing so maybe not??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I saw that FL footage of that actress and she was just too exuberant (for being at a funeral) as she was talking and it does appear she is mouthing those words.

And it does seem that a lot of the *key* people in Michael's life (apart from his family) were no-shows, particularly the Memorial.  I remember watching it live way back in the "early" days of the hoax...seems like such a long time ago and yet it seems like time has flown so quickly...and I remember thinking "where is Elizabeth Taylor, where's Macaulay Culkin, where is Diana Ross," etc and I totally rationalized to myself at the time that they weren't there because they knew Michael was NOT dead.  Wow, just going back in my head to that time was a bit of a trip!  I was totally overwhelmed at the possibilities and that's why I'm still here, and I feel much more confident in every way now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

YES 100% I saw that when I was working my way through footage and things and watched it on repeat trying to get the exact wording but it's clear as day you can see exactly what she says and the camera stayed on her long enough for her to get to the point where she said where they all went to and then went off her to scan the rest of the attendees.CONVINIENT MUCH.

Well,this is what people need to do,think back to the time when they became believers,why they believed and chose to go down the hoax road and remember all those things that stuck out that brought them here in the first place.

Wonder if Teddy will have anything to say on Frank's book......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkate

liz taylor had a kleenex at the funeral...don`t know if that counts as a sob.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dancer

Quote from: "Andrea"
Does anyone know if any of the Cascios were at the Memorial or funeral?  I honestly can't remember seeing any pictures or video of them...
I don't know if they were at the memorial or the funeral, but they wrote something for the memorial booklet:

“Doo Doo,
It is only once in a lifetime where you meet a true Angel sent from the Heavens above. I count my blessings each day for I have experienced Heaven on Earth. The wisdom, guidance, and knowledge will always be remembered and put into action. I thank you for the memories, for they will remain in my heart forever and ever.
Our friendship will always be treasured. I write on behalf of my family.
We promise to always remain ‘The First Family of Love’.
From the Bottom of our Hearts
WE THANK YOU and will love you FOREVER and ALWAYS.
ANGEL ‘Dr.Heat’ Cascio and the Cascio Family”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Akon on MJ, May 2009]The way he thinks....some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It\'s on another level...[/size][/color]

skyways

Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
Maybe by Fall 2011, Michael will help his friend promote his book.

I SEE ITS QUATE OPPOSITE  -  
I didnt feel its will be comfortable for Michael  to priceing himself at coming back point or take selfpromotion...

Dont get me wrong - I wish its will come true too  ;)  
BUT  in real situation,  for  all  my undestanding, its  message to us , that   BY THIS TIME MJ wl be still in hiding.

BLESSINGS!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions