Shelter for the smallest
January 26, 2011, 04:31:02 PM
I feel pretty embarrassed to open thread about what i do, but i think their pain deserve to be known and people working with me deserve that i talk about it.

My organisation is called "Rongeurs en Destress" (Rodents in de-stress) I created it with 2 friends in 2010 and we care for all small domestic rodents (rats, hamsters, guinea pigs, mice, etc etc) and rabbits (dwarf or giant) we are little team of 3 people + few foster families.

We rescued this pets because most of the time people do not care about them. They are small, not expensive, often given to kids to get some 1st experience about "life". Their life is often a drama : locked in small cages, sick and never cured, forgotten and starving, killed by accident...they are just living toys.

We try to rescue as much as we can from different situation : abandonned, mistreated, uncontroled breeding, injured or sick pets in pet shops who prefer to kill them because they cannot be sold anymore, we also try to save pets from laboratories when we have chance to do so (we don't have violent action, we try to convince people to give us unused animals so they can be adopted instead of being killed for nothing)

We rescue the pets, take them to the vet if necessary, and place them in foster famillies until they are adopted. If they don't find a home, they just stay with us and enjoy retirement in their foster house. All our actions are supported only by donations, and by little products we create and sell.

I hope this little thread can change view on those animals and maybe give motivation to other people to help them and make their life better.

Here is little video of the organisation. I'm very sorry that i used MJ song (please Michael, be nice to us  :D ) but i just felt inspired using it for the video.

for non french speaker translation of the texte
"even the smallest life deserves respect...
Save, Care, Inform, Make Happy
Special Thanks to people who support us and inspire us, nothing would exist without you"

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

Dancer

Re: Shelter for the smallest
January 26, 2011, 06:04:50 PM
whatyourheartsays, this is great, thank you so much for helping these animals. ♥ Through the years, we had many hamsters and birds which before had been neglected; as you already said, people buy animals just for fun, often they are not informed about their needs and they often underestimate the time that it takes to really care in a good way, so they often just give them food and beyond that they don't care any more. It's so sad!  :(

I wished it would be impossible to buy animals. They should be adopted, for they are living beings, and people should have to get good informations about everything before they get animals.
I recommend everyone who wants to have an animal to NOT buy one. Go to an animal shelter.

And - when you get an animal that before was mistreated and neglected, it is so wonderful to see how they step by step begin to trust and to revive and how they begin to experience joy. ♥
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Akon on MJ, May 2009]The way he thinks....some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It\'s on another level...[/size][/color]

January 26, 2011, 08:39:41 PM
God bless you, WYHS, for your love, your heart, and your care for the littlest of the animals. You are an excellent example of how to make a difference in the life of another. Blessings to you 1000 times over.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

February 04, 2011, 09:14:01 PM
Today : Cops found "surprise box" on street. It's still winter, freezing time... Guess they were making too many babies...

I love Fridays  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 16, 2011, 08:35:28 PM
Just wanted to share about the case we care now and talk about animal hoarders and the mental disorder it is.

The case we face now (45 pets from about 150 are in our foster families) consider there were also 17 cats and a ferret, and 40 rats hidden in the couch...in a 30m² appartment...

We lost 2 guinea pigs and a degu, who died from starvation and couldn't be saved, even spoon fed for a week.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 16, 2011, 10:42:32 PM
Ton vidéo m'a émue! :)
Merci de toute l'aide que tu apportes aux êtres vivants négligés.
Je t'encourage à fond!

Sophie (du Québec)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 10, 2012, 04:02:02 PM
1 year has passed. We rescued 118 pets in 2011 and 61 since january 2012. Last year we received only 3000 euros during the year from people donating. Never think money is the only energy to ACT ! If that can make exemple, please make decision to start something good for someone/something you wish to change in the world. You can do something whoever you are, and whatever money you have. Motivation is the key to anything ;)

We keep going as long as people keep being stupid and cruel
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
June 10, 2012, 05:00:00 PM
Good job, I've just donated some old items as a computer, shoes, some books and mobile phones for a national and governmental organization which cares about animals in danger, they rescue them give them shelter and feed them.  :bowdown:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

Andrea

June 10, 2012, 05:23:25 PM
1 year has passed. We rescued 118 pets in 2011 and 61 since january 2012. Last year we received only 3000 euros during the year from people donating. Never think money is the only energy to ACT ! If that can make exemple, please make decision to start something good for someone/something you wish to change in the world. You can do something whoever you are, and whatever money you have. Motivation is the key to anything ;)

I think it's great what you're doing, very admirable.  I used to have a roommate who had 2 guinea pigs and a hamster and they were the cutest little things ever, very sweet.  She had the hamster and one guinea pig to start with but the guinea pig (Harry) was chewing his fur off so the vet recommended getting him a little guinea pig friend.  So my friend got him a little guy who she named Buster and they just loved each other.  Harry emitted a really funky musk when he met him, lol.  I miss them.  I don't understand why people get animals they have no intention of taking care of, it's not like buying a lamp.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

June 10, 2012, 05:27:23 PM

You have my support.

I wish there was a law to prosecute the owner of this dog. Animal abuse is a serious crime, imo.

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

June 10, 2012, 11:46:47 PM
Awww, God Bless you for having a voice for them. They are so precious, and it's unfair how they are treated. It's so beautiful what you are doing, I also work at an animal rescue, but mostly for dogs, cats, rabbits and farm animals. It is so sad, some of the stories behind the animals, but once we get them it turns it into a happy ending. Thanks for what you do, WYHS! God Bless you!!  :bearhug:
Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:50:30 PM by MJFAN7
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

June 11, 2012, 01:15:47 AM

you my friend will see.... you gotta friend in me....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bverx-nMWQ[/youtube]

you got a place to go....

thank you for sharing your story

:bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

June 11, 2012, 02:51:54 PM
thank you for the kind words.
I'm happy to share with you and see you're fighting for animals too ;)
It's always real joy to watch them get better, be happy and find a home.

our last rescue was about hamsters : a big organisation took them from an illegal breeding place. they were fighting to death in small cages, making babies all the time... cages were dirty... When we took them they would scream anytime they hear our voice. One of them had to spend 1 month to the vet, to get surgery every 3 days so we can save his life (he had a hole due to infection after fighting with another one)
Now he is safe, he understood we wanted nothing wrong for him. He let us take him out of his cage for a walk and enjoy to grab things to eat. Soon he will leave us to go in a new life. We keep him in mind, hoping everything is ok for him in the future. Some people told us to kill him because they thought there was nothing to do to save his life. But our vet is our hero, she never gives up... i think she would try surgery on a fly if we ask her to save it !  Each of our little one is our succes and our motivation. we all volunteer and we are very rich from what they bring us by being happy and safe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 11, 2012, 02:56:06 PM

you my friend will see.... you gotta friend in me....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bverx-nMWQ[/youtube]

you got a place to go....

thank you for the song.
We rescued a rat on saturday, he still had no name (he was in a shelter but they didn't like rats and wanted to put him to sleep so we took him)

I think his name will be Ben  :icon_e_wink:

thank you for sharing your story

:bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
June 11, 2012, 02:59:46 PM
God bless you, WYHS, for your love, your heart, and your care for the littlest of the animals. You are an excellent example of how to make a difference in the life of another. Blessings to you 1000 times over.

Agree totally..great words and great person   :bearhug:  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions