"I heard it on CNN" That doesn't make sense
January 23, 2011, 04:47:29 AM
ok.. I just had an empathy or something like it..lol. Someone may have brought this up before, so if they did forgive me. Now, the subject of how the brothers found out about Michael has been discussed and discussed, but I just realized the most blatant craziness about these comments after reading a thread on the June 25 topics.

Tito's children heard that Michael was DEAD from CNN? How could that be? Jermaine was already at the hospital and Tito didn't know? Does that sound right? CNN reported he was DEAD before any of the brothers knew?  

This is a chicken and the egg theory. Which come first CNN's announcement, Jermaine's announcement, or the brothers finding out Michael had died. CNN was reporting Michael was at the hospital as I recall, but did not report he was dead until at least very close to Jermaine's appearance.

Proceed with caution on this though. The Jacksons use the media to their advantage, there could other reasons they told this story not just a hoax, but nevertheless, it doesn't add up.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

Re: "I heard it on CNN" That doesn't make sense
January 24, 2011, 09:09:20 PM
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I agree that it doesn't add up. I think it was Marlon's kids who saw it on TV as well - which could be true if there was a breaking story before the family could all be alerted.

However, there are two things that I think about. One is that when someone dies it's courtesy of the press (supposedly) to withhold the information until the next of kin are notified. This wasn't even considered by the press. Also, some of the family have changed their stories on how they found out. Tangled web...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Re: "I heard it on CNN" That doesn't make sense
January 25, 2011, 07:22:24 AM
oh.. I was thinking 3T for some reason. I suppose I was picturing that in my head.
But this says
And Marlon said: "I got a phone call from a friend who said, 'Is your brother all right?' I said, 'What are you talking about?' "As I was calling my brothers, calling my mum, my daughter downstairs said, 'Dad, Uncle Michael is dead.' It was unbelievable."

So Marlon's children was right.
I must have mixed up the phone call. Regardless of who it was, that really wasn't the point I was making, I was just saying does it make sense that CNN reported it before the brothers knew? That should be looked at with  scrutiny to see why if it could have been true or not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal