~Souza~Topic starter

This is a good way to discover how bad it is with journalism these days, and how much they simply copy from a tabloid website, ALL of them. If you do an advanced Google search for the exact word combination "according to TMZ" and you exclude info coming from tmz.com, you get approx. 6,370,000 results. That means 6,370,000 articles alone that have TMZ as source, a tabloid, see here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If we do the same with CNN, that is supposed to be a reliable media outlet, we 'only' get 5,250,000 search results. That is shocking by itself, but if you take into account that the cnn domain was created in 1993, and TMZ didn't exsist until it's launch on December 8, 2005, it gets even worse. It means TMZ is averagely quoted 3,400 times a day.

So it's safe to say that TMZ is the main source for information on the net at the moment, a tabloid. I think there is a point proven there. Well done Harvey and Mike! I would like to see their [the media's] faces when da troot prevaillllls.

Besides that, Diane Demon was hired right after June 25 by ET online for her 'expertise' on Michael Jackson and her ability to obtain 'inside' information. I think ET thought they would have all the scoops and make big bucks. Too bad for Demon that Uncle Harve had better sources. They have been quoted a total of 22,700 times and they have a lousy 68,000 visitors a day. Just to compare, this site (MJDHI) had almost 42,000 visits on its busiest day and we're not even on TV, we are mostly ignored. To make it even more hilarious, her own website (wich I will not link because people might click on it, lol) has only 222 visits a day. Add to that the 103 visitors a day she gets on the .com version (which has the exact same content), and you have a total of 325 visitors. I can assure you that if I post only one picture or video of my wobbly big toe on a website, I would get more visits.

That's two birds with one stone: proven point that the media in general sucks and Demon is a lousy MJ expert, reporter and investigator (as she likes to call herself) who doesn't seem to be able to cash in for the big boss. That's pretty embarrasing D!
**all wave at DD, she visits here!**

On a side note: maybe nothing, but I saw that TMZ.com was created in '97, while the site got online in December 2005. You could say that TMZ and/or the Thirty Mile Zone was already a name in the planning, but I remember Harvey saying he came up with TMZ and I am very sure that was in the '00s, even close to TMZ's start, but definitely not in the '90s. I will see if I can find that interview, but since I still have a sloppy internet connection and it takes forever to load a YouTube, maybe someone else can find it for me.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Very interesting.  And there's that number thirty again - Thirty Mile Zone...I know what the name officially refers to but just another coincidence to add to the ever-growing mountain of coincidences.

My friend and I were talking about TMZ last night - he doesn't think Michael's alive and thinks I'm quite silly for thinking that but anyways, he was wondering how TMZ is always the one to break the news first.  I've wondered that too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "Andrea"
Very interesting.  And there's that number thirty again - Thirty Mile Zone...

30 everywhere, it drives me nuts!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RedPennylocks

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • A dream is a wish your heart makes
Brilliant post Souza!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

An amazing person comes in many packages. If you only see with your eyes and not with your heart you will miss a lot of amazing people-do you agree?-Tito Jackson

MissG

I watched some home videos of Demon on youtube and they are something...she has so much hate.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

RK

Now I really really want to see a picture of your wobbley big toe Souza. [ Sorry, feet and hands intrigue me] No seriously, great post.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Quote from: "RK"
Now I really really want to see a picture of your wobbley big toe Souza. [ Sorry, feet and hands intrigue me] No seriously, great post.
:lol:
So it's safe to say that TMZ is the main source for information on the net at the moment, a tabloid. I think there is a point proven there. Well done Harvey and Mike! I would like to see their [the media's] faces when da troot prevaillllls.
And I really do like Harvey!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Great post Souza, and so true.  Real journalism died a death long ago I believe, and it's everyone's loss. Thanks for this.  These things need to be said and to be said as loudly as possible, so that even the so-called "news" outlets realise that they have no right to carry that word in their job description.  "Gossip", "innuendo", "rumours", maybe, but not "news".  Professional gossip merchants is all they are, and gossip is almost never reliable and almost always hurtful to someone.  In some cases, it's not just hurtful, it's destructive and damaging, but never to the extent that MJ suffered, never have the press gone all-out to destroy someone without basis or evidence like they did with Michael.  They should all hang their heads in shame rather than hide behind the mask of journalism, something they know nothing about.  It would be great if every one of them was made accountable for their actions and forced to defend them, I'd love to see them try!...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Quote from: "~Souza~"

This is a good way to discover how bad it is with journalism these days, and how much they simply copy from a tabloid website, ALL of them. If you do an advanced Google search for the exact word combination "according to TMZ" and you exclude info coming from tmz.com, you get approx. 6,370,000 results. That means 6,370,000 articles alone that have TMZ as source, a tabloid, see here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If we do the same with CNN, that is supposed to be a reliable media outlet, we 'only' get 5,250,000 search results. That is shocking by itself, but if you take into account that the cnn domain was created in 1993, and TMZ didn't exsist until it's launch on December 8, 2005, it gets even worse. It means TMZ is averagely quoted 3,400 times a day.

Besides that, Diane Demon was hired right after June 25 by ET online for her 'expertise' on Michael Jackson and her ability to obtain 'inside' information. I think ET thought they would have all the scoops and make big bucks. Too bad for Demon that Uncle Harve had better sources. They have been quoted a total of 22,700 times and they have a lousy 68,000 visitors a day. Just to compare, this site (MJDHI) had almost 42,000 visits on its busiest day and we're not even on TV, we are mostly ignored. To make it even more hilarious, her own website (wich I will not link because people might click on it, lol) has only 222 visits a day. Add to that the 103 visitors a day she gets on the .com version (which has the exact same content), and you have a total of 325 visitors. I can assure you that if I post only one picture or video of my wobbly big toe on a website, I would get more visits.

That's two birds with one stone: proven point that the media in general sucks and Demon is a lousy MJ expert, reporter and investigator (as she likes to call herself) who doesn't seem to be able to cash in for the big boss. That's pretty embarrasing D!
**all wave at DD, she visits here!**
On a side note: maybe nothing, but I saw that TMZ.com was created in '97, while the site got online in December 2005. You could say that TMZ and/or the Thirty Mile Zone was already a name in the planning, but I remember Harvey saying he came up with TMZ and I am very sure that was in the '00s, even close to TMZ's start, but definitely not in the '90s. I will see if I can find that interview, but since I still have a sloppy internet connection and it takes forever to load a YouTube, maybe someone else can find it for me.

Does she really?
imo, DD should stand for dirty devil
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

Wow how depressing..wonder if they make you take a 'copy and pasting' course before you're allowed to be a tabloid journalist? lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions