MLK Day and BET
January 17, 2011, 11:04:38 AM
Like many of you I have today off in honor of MLK.  So when I turned on the TV I expected many MLK related shows.  I was quite surprised as I flipped through the channels and landed on BET that they are showing the BET Award show 09, which was all about Michael, in honor of Michael and his illustrious career.  
I don't think it's a coincidence that BET chose to air this particular show on MLK day.  What do think?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

Re: MLK Day and BET
January 17, 2011, 01:59:24 PM
I think their message is so congruent: Both represent men who looked around and made a change.  Both represent more than being a person- they represent an idea that went far beyond themselves.  They both wanted to spread the message of love, justice, faith, humanity, equality, equity, and hope through peaceful means.  They both represented standing up in the face of injustice and making a stand.  They also both reminded and remind us that we are all connected to each other and that we need to be there for each other.  
We know how Michael felt about Dr. King's message and mission- so, I think there is definitly a connection to today's showing of the BET awards.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Also, it gives me a chance to rewatch it, now that I am coming from a different perspective than I had in 2009, when I was in such deep shock and pain over the loss of Michael.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal