FBI Files Will Be Released 12/22

• 7 Replies

Offline Christiana

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies

FBI Files Will Be Released 12/22

• on: December 18, 2009, 08:43:56 PM
OK, I got a call from the FBI earlier this evening. Was on my way out the door so didn't have time to post at the time. But here's the info. Instead of having to write and request the files, and pay for the printing costs of the files, the FBI (by way of the Freedom of Information Act) is making the files available online sometime on December 22nd. Once they are up, you can download them, print them, save them. Here's what to do so you'll know, if you want to grab them once they're available.

Go to the FBI website at www.FBI.gov

Scroll down to the very bottom and click on the small text link that reads, Freedom of Information Act/Privacy.

On the next page, in the column on the right side, click on the link Hot Topics.

I assume the file link(s) will appear at the top of the Hot Topics page.

Hopefully their servers can handle the traffic that day! I'm just guessing here, but I imagine there was a lot of interest in those files, or else why would they bother posting them? They'd have to do a lot of printing, considering the files total nearly 600 pages, so they probably just don't want to bother. I really don't think there will be too much interesting in them (there sure wasn't in Elvis'). But hey, you never know, right? So it doesn't hurt to have a look and see.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Offline Christiana

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies

Re: FBI Files Will Be Released 12/22

• on: December 19, 2009, 01:00:17 AM
Just to clarify some things here....I'm not saying that MJ's FBI files have anything to do with the hoax. I'm just curious as to what is in there, just as I was with Elvis', which I got many years ago. Maybe we'll find something interesting, maybe not. But I'm just curious really.

You can request FBI files on any person, living or dead. But if the person is alive, you may not get access to much because then there is the Privacy Act to consider, which naturally protects a living person's rights to privacy. Requesting information on a dead person (or presumed dead as the case may be) requires you generally to submit proof of death, at the very least, some form of obituary. You can also send SS #.  I did this with my initial request on MJ, using his commonly known SS# and a Wiki article on his death. But since they are now going to publicize his files, none of that is going to be necessary.

His FBI files have nothing to do with the ongoing police investigation, and there is no time limit for releasing FBI files. If there was something within the files pertaining to the investigation, then the FOIA would not apply and that information would not be released. And any information in the files pertaining to other people, information that would invade their right to privacy and violate the Privacy Act, then that information will be redacted (blacked out and/or hidden). That is the law. Elvis' files are like that...there are names blacked out, addresses blacked out, sometimes whole chunks of information blacked out. Because if you request the files about a specific person, then you only have a right to information pertaining specifically to that person.

Hope this helps clear some things up on this.  :)
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Offline Christiana

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies

• on: December 19, 2009, 08:11:56 PM
I saw that other gal's info on the FBI files from MJJC too. She and I have talked. We both have Elvis' FBI files so have talked about that, and about MJ's of course. :)

All of you who are worried, I think you need to calm down. I'll just say this again, having said it before: MJ could very well be dead. I accept that, and frankly, I think every person here should accept that very real possibility. But at the same time, we all know the major inconsistencies and convoluted information surrounding MJ's "death." We all know he could also very well be alive. There is MUCH to suggest that is in fact the case.

Whatever is in the FBI files, it will not tell you he is alive and it will not tell you he is dead. You're not going to see a death certificate in there (that is  NOT public information freely accessible via the invocation of the Freedom of Information Act, nor will it EVER be). There will be no autopsy photos. There will be no open casket photos. There will be nothing in there that would serve as proof that he is dead. And there will be nothing about the investigation into his "death" because that is NOT public information. And, if he is alive, there's not going to be ANYTHING in there that would prove that: no information on the Witness Protection Program. No information pointing to his location. Nothing whatsoever that would prove or even suggest that MJ is still alive and that his death was hoaxed, and/or that the FBI or CIA or any other government agency had ANYTHING to do with it.That's NOT what those files are about.

I will also say that when the FBI first replied to me in letter form, they told me that there are 591 pages in MJ's FBI file. I have this in writing. Their letter did not say that all 591 pages would be accessible or available, only that there are "591 pages which are potentially responsive" to my request. How many we will have access to, we will know for sure on December 22 when the files are available online.

I would also like to point out that just because MJ was involved in allegations of molestation, that does NOT mean that information linked to those allegations will appear in the FBI files. There is no way to know that for sure until the files are released. But considering that he was never formally charged in 1993, and signed a legal settlement with specific stipulations about confidentiality (for both parties), I would be very, VERY surprised if ANY of that information is in there. And even if it is, it is very, VERY likely that this information will be redacted (BLACKED OUT or completely removed), because otherwise it would violate the Privacy Act and the rights of all parties involved--which they CAN NOT DO!). And anything that happened in 2003 is already public record and readily available on the Internet, so there would be nothing new or earth-shattering in that regard.

Everyone just needs to chill out about the FBI files. They're obviously releasing them because there is such a demand for them. So by making them available for download it frees them from the task of photocopying those files every time any Tom, Dick, or Harry writes and asks for them. They'd have to hire people just to photocopy MJ's files on a regular basis, I'm sure. They don't want to be doing that!

I would be beyond surprised if there is ANYTHING in those files that is shocking or scandalous. In my mind, MJ was trashed every which way from Sunday pre-June 25th. There's nothing revelatory that could be exposed in those files that isn't already available for pubic consumption. And there's nothing that is going to prove that he's dead, anymore than there will be anything that will prove he's alive.

Offline Christiana

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies

• on: December 20, 2009, 01:05:09 AM
Quote from: "Harleyblonde"
Quote from: "LLJ"
I don't feel so good right now. Dont know what to think?
Same here. I really don't want perhaps proof that he probably is dead. That would be devastating for us all.
How can they release these files when there has been no court case yet?

If you read my previous posts on this, I've already answered your question. The FBI files have NOTHING to do with the investigation into MJ's "death." There will be no information on that in there.

Offline Christiana

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies

• on: December 21, 2009, 09:16:19 PM
THE FBI FILES WILL NOT CONTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT THE HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION!!!!!

Offline Christiana

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies

• on: December 22, 2009, 01:15:20 AM
Quote from: "ILuvUMoreMJ"
LOL, this forum would be so much better if people actually read all the posts in the threads they comment on.  :lol:

Geez, I TOTALLY agree! Some threads have 100 posts, and 50 of them might be repeats of things that have already been said, more than once. There has only been one thread I posted in where I did not read the entire thread first...but even then I went back later and read them all. How else do you LEARN anything? How else do you keep track of information in this investigation? What's the point of posting in a thread that you haven't read...it means you're potentially missing out on some AMAZING, FASCINATING, or ENLIGHTENING information?! :x

Offline Christiana

• Hoaxer
    • Show all replies

• on: December 22, 2009, 04:38:35 AM
Quote from: "sosh"
Today the dutch telegraph reports that the FBI will not release the reports. Reason behind it are the bad weather circumstances. Due to some heavy snow fall the documents could not be transported...

Just some other bullshit or another coincidence :?:

I don't see how the bad weather will prevent the files from being released online. They don't need to transport them to publish them on the Web. However the weather could have caused some issues, and someone else did post another story about the weather delay. But the files will get released, sooner or later, one way or another.