paula-c

Re: Jermaine Jackson -- Stuck in Africa
January 08, 2011, 09:25:16 AM
I think these stories are garbage, maybe Jermaine is doing humanitarian work in March 2004 Michael meets in Washington with several Democratic congressmen to promote the fight against AIDS in Africa, and promises to do everything in their power to help in April of that year in April the Association of Spouses of African Ambassadors in the United States hands over to Michael for an honorary award for his work against HIV / AIDS in Africa.
Burkina Faso is one of the poorest countries in the world.
In 2007, Burkina Faso has a population of 14.326.000 inhabitants. Life expectancy is 49 years, being the average age of its population of less than 17 years. The population is concentrated in areas of southern and central Chile, in some cases the density is greater than 48 inhabitants per square kilometre. The average number of children per woman is of type, one of the highest in the world, which is increasing population have never seen in the history of this poor country, with both economic and environmental consequences. The impact of AIDS on the population growth rate damping by deaths direct, by increasing the rate of infant mortality and other social problems associated with it is relevant.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

January 08, 2011, 09:29:03 AM
The population is concentrated in areas of southern and central Chile

That herror not know how this happened
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

January 08, 2011, 09:45:30 AM
Quote from: "MJhasSpoken"
Jermaine Jackson -- Stuck in Africa
3 minutes ago by TMZ Staff  

Jermaine Jackson cannot come back to the United States of America ... because he owes a fortune in back child support ... TMZ has learned.

Jermaine is currently in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, Africa. We've learned his passport has expired and he can't get a new one, so he's waylaid there.

Here's what we know.  n May 2008, Jermaine's baby mama Alejandra got a child support order, requiring him to pay $3,000 a month. Jermaine went into arrears almost immediately and, as of last month, he owed $91,921.

Under California law, when someone owes more than $2,500 a month in child support, the State Department of Child Support Services automatically informs the feds of the delinquency, and the feds then flag the person's passport. Once the passport expires, it will not be renewed until the person becomes current on child support obligations.  

Our sources say Jermaine's passport expired during his trip, he can't get a new one and he's stuck overseas.

If Jermaine doesn't clear up the debt, it's unclear if the American Embassy will come to the rescue.

See also
Tell-All Book At the Root Of Jackson Family War
It's WAR at the Michael Jackson House
The Michael Jackson Prelim Fashion Report
Filed under: Jermaine Jackson, Celebrity Justice, Alejandra Jackson

Jermaine is currently in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, Africa. We've learned his passport has expired

Well, i have some questions  :roll:

when did Jermaine Leave USA?
Is Jermaine holding an USA passport?

As long as I am concerned, you passport must be valid to travel, this means that the passport can´t expire on destination  :roll: .
The passport should have been renewed in advance in order to travel  :roll:

*cough* BS *cough*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

paula-c

January 08, 2011, 10:38:53 AM
.... 8-) It is true A Gema.... :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

January 08, 2011, 10:44:11 AM
Burkina Faso

ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: A valid passport, visa, and evidence of yellow-fever vaccination are required for entry into the country.  

The government of Burkina Faso appeared poised to implement a new visa policy on July 1, 2010.  Visas range in duration and cost from a single-entry three-month visa at 94,000 CFA francs ($181.00) to a multiple-year, multiple-entry visa for 262,000 CFA francs ($506.00).  The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has informed the Embassy that these new, higher fees will not apply to U.S. passport holders, but it remains unclear how this new policy will be implemented at borders and at the airport.

Prior to the new policy’s implementation, visas valid for seven days were available at land borders and for 30 days at the airport; however, both could be converted into visas of up to five years validity at the Direction du Controle des Migrations, a government office in central Ouagadougou.  

U.S. travelers should obtain longer-validity visas from the Embassy of Burkina Faso, 2340 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC, 20008, telephone (202) 332-5577.  Overseas, inquiries should be made at the nearest Burkinabe embassy or consulate.  Visit the Embassy of Burkina Faso website for the most current visa information, or contact their offices directly.

The U.S. Department of State is unaware of any HIV/AIDS entry restrictions for visitors to or foreign residents of Burkina Faso.  

Information about dual nationality or the prevention of international child abduction can be found on our website.  For further information about customs regulations, please read our Customs Information page.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

January 08, 2011, 10:53:57 AM
My question is this:  Why would Alejandra be entitled to $3000 a month, when she is living at Havenhurst.  Does she pay rent to Katherine?  She's been living pretty much carefree for a long time.  The children are entitled to the lifestyle they were used to when their parents were married, but still.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

MissG

January 08, 2011, 11:14:45 AM
Quote from: "mjssoulmate"
My question is this:  Why would Alejandra be entitled to $3000 a month, when she is living at Havenhurst.  Does she pay rent to Katherine?  She's been living pretty much carefree for a long time.  The children are entitled to the lifestyle they were used to when their parents were married, but still.

California

California Statewide Uniform Guideline is at Family Code §§ 4050-4076 [14] and is based on the Income Shares model[10]

The Judicial Council of California is required to conduct the California Child Support Guideline Review at least every four years.

The California Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) provides public child support enforcement
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

January 08, 2011, 11:19:46 AM
I don't know what the message is really suppose to be with this "story" and maybe it's a way of telling us that Jermaine will be away for awhile because he's part of the Jacksons' African "project(s)" and some of that is nearing completion?    Who really knows until we really know, ya know?

In any case, The Jacksons have had connections and a love for Africa for quite some time (Joseph has been sporting his continent of Africa medallion for awhile now), and Marlon is a very successful realtor with a big project in Nigeria.  We first heard about it on the Jackson Dynasty Show (or I did anyway.)   And, didn't Marlon envision projects throughout the Niger-Delta?  Burkina Faso is in that region.  Of course, Michael's connections to Africa are well documented.  He said once, as he stood next to Mandela, that he would love to spend the rest of his life in South Africa and we are aware of the real estate he had (or has) there.  So, there are at least strong ties to West Africa and South Africa from what we've been told.

I can't quite figure out Jermaine and I will not say anything negative about anyone in this family.  All I'll say is never underestimate Marlon. I was very impressed and intrigued by his Africa project.  He has that Jackson regalness about him and appears to be of great depth.  I wonder how many family members are involved in the project?

July 2009
Marlon Jackson, brother of the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson and member of the famous 'Jackson Five' is in Nigeria, his second visit this year. Amidst working on a historical development project in Badagry and campaigning for peace in the troubled Niger-Delta, he took time out to visit T.B. Joshua, the man said to have predicted his brother's death.

Arriving on Wednesday 22nd July, Marlon explained the major purpose of his visit was to continue work on a historical project in the Badagry area of Lagos regarding the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. “I think it's imperative that our young kids and people of the world understand what took place,” he said, explaining that the project was aimed at boosting Nigeria's meagre tourism and also preserving African history as a lesson for generations yet to come.

In view of the ongoing tension in the Niger-Delta, he expressed his intention to work for peace in the region, decrying the fact that the conflict had not attracted the necessary international response. "We are preparing to meet with government and representatives from the Niger Delta militant groups. And we are coming up with some amicable resolutions that will be acceptable to both parties," he explained.

Working on various creative projects to bring a peaceful resolution to the troubled area, Marlon advised all to pursue peace and unity, the qualities he said his late brother loved and lived for. "We must understand one thing - that when God created us, He did not create us to be at war with one another; to judge one another; to rubbish one another, but He created us to love one another,” he said, waxing philosophical. “If we want to achieve peace, we have to start spreading love, peace because when you come to the moment when your Creator has called you to return home, He is not going to judge you on the material things you acquired while on earth. He is going to judge based on what you have done for others when you were on earth."

On Sunday 26th July, Marlon visited The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations for a brief meeting with Pastor T.B. Joshua, perplexed and intrigued at the report of his prophetic insight regarding Michael Jackson's death. After meeting with the acclaimed prophet, he attended some of the dramatic healing and prophetic service, beamed live via Emmanuel TV. Joshua had prophesied earlier this year that 'a great star' would go 'on a journey of no return,' and then sent a personal message to Marlon via Tee Mac Iseli on June 12th that his brother urgently needed healing and deliverance, imploring him to bring the controversial star to Nigeria for prayers. He died two weeks later.

The loss of the legend still visibly affecting him, Marlon sombrely stated that Michael Jackson had intended to visit Nigeria to witness the conclusion of the Badagry project. “When we do finish this project he will not be there physically, but he will be there in spirit," he remarked. Quizzed on the circumstances surrounding his iconic brother's death, Marlon did not want to comment. “What I know right now is that I love and miss my brother. He did a lot of great things for the world and peace is one of the things we all are striving for,” he said.

Plans are in place for a Jackson family African tour, with the possibility of a 3-day show in different cities in Nigeria - Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2011, 11:44:27 AM
Working on various creative projects to bring a peaceful resolution to the troubled area, Marlon advised all to pursue peace and unity, the qualities he said his late brother loved and lived for. "We must understand one thing - that when God created us, He did not create us to be at war with one another; to judge one another; to rubbish one another, but He created us to love one another,” he said, waxing philosophical. “If we want to achieve peace, we have to start spreading love, peace because when you come to the moment when your Creator has called you to return home, He is not going to judge you on the material things you acquired while on earth. He is going to judge based on what you have done for others when you were on earth."  
Marlon Jackson (Study Peace)

On Sunday 26th July, Marlon visited The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations for a brief meeting with Pastor T.B. Joshua, perplexed and intrigued at the report of his prophetic insight regarding Michael Jackson's death. After meeting with the acclaimed prophet, he attended some of the dramatic healing and prophetic service, beamed live via Emmanuel TV. Joshua had prophesied earlier this year that 'a great star' would go 'on a journey of no return' and then sent a personal message to Marlon via Tee Mac Iseli on June 12th that his brother urgently needed healing and deliverance, imploring him to bring the controversial star to Nigeria for prayers. He died two weeks later.

And, I've never lost sight of the fact that Min. Louis Farrakhan, head of the Nation of Islam (NOI),  was in Africa on June 25, 2009.  Of course, we know that security, the personal assistant and even the nanny is from NOI and were part of Michael's entourage. One thing I happen to know: if you're looking for Michael in Africa you will never find him there :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Malibooyah! as Kanye would say.  :lol:   I love it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2011, 01:14:22 PM
Quote from: "jill"
Why would you leave the country in the first place, knowing your passport will expire while you're gone.  Wouldn't you take care of that before you leave?  It doesn't make him look very smart.

If this story is true then I think Jermaine purposely allowed himself to get stranded overseas.  That way if the feds come after him, they can't get to him because he is in another country.  Surely he didn't just overlook the expiration date on his passport.  I wonder if Burkina Faso has an extradition treaty with the US?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

January 08, 2011, 03:26:52 PM
Quote from: "PeaceLoveHappiness"
Quote from: "jill"
Why would you leave the country in the first place, knowing your passport will expire while you're gone.  Wouldn't you take care of that before you leave?  It doesn't make him look very smart.

If this story is true then I think Jermaine purposely allowed himself to get stranded overseas.  That way if the feds come after him, they can't get to him because he is in another country.  Surely he didn't just overlook the expiration date on his passport.  I wonder if Burkina Faso has an extradition treaty with the US?

The United States maintains diplomatic relations, but does not have extradition treaties with Burkina Faso.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

January 08, 2011, 10:21:06 PM
I also wondered about Africa as a clue.  If you look at the image of the globe on the Michael artwork, it seems to be Africa, as the horn and Madagaskar are visible...hm..now Jermaine is "stranded there?"

I also wondered how he left the country with a flagged passport (you have to show your passport when you check in- I travel overseas all the time, so I know)- UNLESS it was flagged after he left (that is possible).   However, the child support woes seem to have followed him for a while.  Still, wonder when he left.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired."
Erik H. Erikson

January 08, 2011, 10:24:48 PM
I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I was a believer until i\'ve decided to seek the truth.

anewfan

January 08, 2011, 10:42:07 PM
Quote from: "ignisaeternus"
I also wondered about Africa as a clue.  If you look at the image of the globe on the Michael artwork, it seems to be Africa, as the horn and Madagaskar are visible...hm..now Jermaine is "stranded there?"

I also wondered how he left the country with a flagged passport (you have to show your passport when you check in- I travel overseas all the time, so I know)- UNLESS it was flagged after he left (that is possible).   However, the child support woes seem to have followed him for a while.  Still, wonder when he left.

The original We Are The World song is shown on the album cover as well. I think the whole group was called United Support of Artists for Africa. So there's another Africa connection.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
January 08, 2011, 10:42:55 PM
Is it Jermaine or Michael who stuck in Africa?  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions