Reminder of Michael's act of love
December 27, 2010, 09:27:56 PM
Right now seems like a great time to remind us all that it's not about us, not about our feelings, not about what we have, not about what we want in life, not about where we live. It's about making a difference in someone's life, wherever God has placed you. It's all for L.O.V.E.

"Was it that you didn't know or you didn't care to know?"
...wow this statement is so powerful.

Nice story from the Oprah boards about Michael

Someone posted this on the Oprah boards regarding her interview with LMP.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Posted: Sat 10/16/2010 4:06 PM
MandyandKyle : Michael told me a story one time about going in to an orphanage in Russia where the children were laying in beds with sheets covered in urine. He said the smell of urine was so strong when he wa...lked in to the building that it made him sick to his stomach. He had his people get on the phone to the President of Russia and he told him that if each child in that orphanage was not bathed, he would not put on the concerts that he was scheduled to put on that week. The President told him he had no idea things were that bad at that particular orphanage but he assured Michael things would be "taken care of." Michael said he responded by saying, "Was it that you didn't know or you didn't care to know?" And he said there was just dead silence on the other end of the line and that told him all he needed to know. Then he said he told the President that he was sending one of his people out to buy clean sheets, mattresses, and toys for every and that he would remain in the orphanage until each child had been bathed and was wearing cleans clothes. The President then asked him if he was going to cancel the concert planned for that night and he said, "I suppose that's up to the people here and how long it takes them to give each child a bath. Right now, these children are my priority."

Posted: Sat 10/16/2010 4:06 PM
MandyandKyle : All of the children ended up getting bathed and the show went on as scheduled. He said he went back to the orphanage the next day and the children all seemed well and were playing with all of their new toys. He said he knew that once he left things would probably go back to the way they were before but that at least for a few days he made things right. That, right there, is the difference between Oprah and Michael.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Re: Reminder of Michael's act of love
December 27, 2010, 09:34:36 PM
Thank you for that. That's a question I am going to be asking myself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

December 27, 2010, 09:48:49 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

Yes it is!!! Thank you so much for posting this.  Being totally honest and transparent, I have turned a blind eye many a times believing that if I don't know then I don't have to be held responsible.  I was raised to mind my own business and if someone else is hurting... well... that's their problem.

This statement... wow.... I don't know if you'll ever know what an impact your post has made on me.  It's a great reminder of the person I am fighting against my past to become... one who cares.... one who WILL make a change... starting with me.

Thank you again for bringing this up...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 27, 2010, 10:03:21 PM
Quote from: "lilwendy"

Yes it is!!! Thank you so much for posting this.  Being totally honest and transparent, I have turned a blind eye many a times believing that if I don't know then I don't have to be held responsible.  I was raised to mind my own business and if someone else is hurting... well... that's their problem.

This statement... wow.... I don't know if you'll ever know what an impact your post has made on me.  It's a great reminder of the person I am fighting against my past to become... one who cares.... one who WILL make a change... starting with me.

...it's Michael's message that has made the impact. I've been convicted in my heart over this too. I give and help but I admit that at times I turn my head when I should be reaching out. I am humbled so humbled by this story as well. It starts with awareness and then by acting on that awareness. Blessings to you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

anewfan

December 27, 2010, 10:18:39 PM
What an amazing story. It's too bad the media couldn't have reported these kinds of stories instead of the bogus ones. I'm sure there are thousands of other stories just like this that we haven't heard about. He truly was all about the children. Thank you for sharing this, voice!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

December 27, 2010, 11:02:58 PM
Quote from: "lilwendy"

...it's Michael's message that has made the impact. I've been convicted in my heart over this too. I give and help but I admit that at times I turn my head when I should be reaching out. I am humbled so humbled by this story as well. It starts with awareness and then by acting on that awareness. Blessings to you.

Yes Yes... I stand corrected... :-)  It has been, it is, and it will continue to be Michael's message... and ultimately... God's message.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
December 28, 2010, 07:41:18 PM
God Bless you for sharing this story with us...Michael's heart has no end! We can all do something to "comfort" someone in need, that's all it takes to start to make a real change in this world. We need to open our eyes and be more aware of what we can do to help those who may be suffering. ANY act of Kindness, is an act of LOVE and we ALL possess the heart to make a difference in our own little worlds!
God Bless Michael, forever and always, for helping all of us with his gift of LOVE!
Shine some LIGHT on all the sadness in this world....make a change!
Blessings, Love and light to you all! :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2010, 11:41:55 PM
Quote from: "looking4truth"
Thank you for that. That's a question I am going to be asking myself.
Me 2! Thanx!  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions