No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Re: TIAI 12/21
December 21, 2010, 12:34:28 AM
Revelation 6:12
... I saw the Lamb opening the sixth lock. The earth shook very much. The sun became very dark, like the black cloth people wear to show they are sad. The full moon became red like blood.

We are back to the bible re-directs again.  Is this to do with the solar eclipse today??
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

December 21, 2010, 01:46:27 AM
It's actually a lunar eclipse (not solar) and it's happening right now, but unfortunately it's cloudy where I am so can't see it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2010, 01:55:33 AM
The redirect is actually to TWO verses:

And I saw, when he had opened the sixth seal, and lo! a great earth-moving was made; and the sun was made black, as a sackcloth of hair, and all the moon was made as blood.

And the stars of heaven felled down on the earth [And stars of heaven fell down upon the earth], as a fig tree sendeth his unripe figs, when it is moved of a great wind.

What is the significance of this?

See You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There are actually 4 things happening tonight:
1. Winter solstice
2. Full Moon
3. Lunar Eclipse - often will make the moon look red (like blood)
4. Ursids meteor shower - where the stars look like they are falling to the earth

And now.. the end is near.... and so I face... the final curtain....  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

December 21, 2010, 02:00:54 AM
I've been standing on my balcony for almost thirty minutes in 20 degree weather and the eclipse is awesome. i am bundled up and the wind is fierce but i don't feel cold. the wind picked up in the total eclipse. a bit eery.    i watched the sky go from the light of the moon to complete darkness.  i think i saw a flash of blue and purple but nothing more... yet.  a great time i've had in prayer and thanksgiving. i'll go back out shortly and reflect on Revelations 6:12.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2010, 02:15:37 AM
Commentary on Revelation 6:12 from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And, lo, there was a great earthquake - Before endeavoring to ascertain to what the sixth seal was designed to refer, it is proper, as in the previous cases, to furnish a particular explanation of the meaning of the symbols. All the symbols represented in the opening of this seal denote consternation, commotion, changes; but still they are all significant, and we are to suppose that something would occur corresponding with each one of them. It cannot be supposed that the things here described were represented on the part of the roll or volume that was now unfolded in any other way than that they were pictures, or that the whole was a species of panoramic representation made to pass before the eyes. Thus understood, it would not be difficult to represent each one of these things in a painting: as the heaving ground - the agitated forests - the trembling hills - the falling cities and houses - the sun blackened, and the moon turned to blood:

(a) The earthquake, Revelation 6:12; "There was a great earthquake." The word used here denotes a shaking or agitation of the earth. The effect, when violent, is to produce important changes - opening chasms in the earth; throwing down houses and temples; sinking hills, and elevating plains; causing ponds and lakes to dry up, or forming them where none existed; elevating the ocean from its bed, rending rocks, etc. As all that occurs in the opening of the other seals is symbolical, it is to be presumed that this is also, and that for the fulfillment of this we are not to look for a literal earthquake, but for such agitations and changes in the world as would be properly symbolized by this. The earthquake, as a symbol, would merely denote great agitations or overturnings on the earth. The particular character of those changes must be determined by other circumstances in the symbol that would limit and explain it.

There are, it is said, but three literal earthquakes referred to in the Scripture: that mentioned in 1 Kings 19:11; that in Uzziah's time, Amos 1:1; Zechariah 14:5; and what took place at the Saviour's death. All the rest are emblematical or symbolical-referring mostly to civil commotions and changes. Then in Haggai 2:6-7; "Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land, and I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come; and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts." That is, there would be great agitations in the world before he came. See the notes on Hebrews 12:26-28. So also great changes and commotions are referred to in Isaiah 24:19-20; "The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage." An earthquake, if there were no other circumstances limiting and explaining the symbol, would merely denote great agitation and commotion - as if states and empires were tumbling to ruin. As this is here a mere symbol, it is not necessary to look for a literal fulfillment, or to expect to find in history actual earthquakes to which this had reference, anymore than when it is said that "the heavens departed as a scroll" we are to expect that they will be literally rolled up; but if, in the course of history, earthquakes preceded remarkable political convulsions and revolutions, it would be proper to represent such events in this way.

(b) The darkening of the sun: "And the sun became black as sackcloth of hair." Sackcloth was a coarse black cloth, commonly, though not always, made of hair. It was used for sacks, for strainers, and for mourning garments; and as thus worn it was not an improper emblem of sadness and distress. The idea here is, that the sun put on a dark, dingy, doleful appearance, as if it were in mourning. The general image, then, in this emblem, is that of calamity - as if the very sun should put on the robes of mourning. We are by no means to suppose that this was literally to occur, but that some great calamity would happen, of which this would be an appropriate emblem. See the Isaiah 13:10 note; Matthew 24:29 note; Compare Isaiah 24:23; Isaiah 34:4; 1, 3; Isaiah 60:19-20; Ezekiel 32:7-8; Joel 2:10; Joel 3:15-16; Amos 8:9. What is the particular nature of the calamity is to be learned from other parts of the symbol.

(c) The discoloration of the moon: "And the moon became as blood." Red like blood - either from the smoke and vapor that usually precedes an earthquake, or as a mere emblem. This also would betoken calamity, and perhaps the symbol may be so far limited and modified by this as to denote war, for that would be most naturally suggested by the color - red. Compare the notes on Revelation 6:4 of this chapter. But any great calamity would be appropriately represented by this - as the change of the moon to such a color would be a natural emblem of distress.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2010, 02:31:30 AM
hmmm. well southern california is getting hit by torrential rain right now. it completely ruined our chances for seeing the eclipse, which is really sad. but this is very interesting. the bible quotes go beyond me, but i'm so appreciative you guys help me out! thank you so much!

and TS! THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

December 21, 2010, 02:32:15 AM
Was 12:21 the time of the 911 call?  I think I stared at the moon too long.....lol!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2010, 02:49:38 AM
Quote from: "wishingstar"
Was 12:21 the time of the 911 call?  I think I stared at the moon too long.....lol!
12:21:04 if I'm not mistaken. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

December 21, 2010, 03:22:23 AM
Quote from: "lilwendy"
The redirect is actually to TWO verses:

And I saw, when he had opened the sixth seal, and lo! a great earth-moving was made; and the sun was made black, as a sackcloth of hair, and all the moon was made as blood.

And the stars of heaven felled down on the earth [And stars of heaven fell down upon the earth], as a fig tree sendeth his unripe figs, when it is moved of a great wind.

What is the significance of this?

See You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There are actually 4 things happening tonight:
1. Winter solstice
2. Full Moon
3. Lunar Eclipse - often will make the moon look red (like blood)
4. Ursids meteor shower - where the stars look like they are falling to the earth

And now.. the end is near.... and so I face... the final curtain....  :)

With that final curtain, it's not a coincidence with the mention of red in the Bible Passage and the Lunar Eclipse appearance is it? ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

Sarahli

December 21, 2010, 03:38:03 AM
These verses refer to what is going to happen in 2012 I think. Maybe that Michael's return will be the opening of the 6th lock....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

MJonmind

December 21, 2010, 03:45:27 AM
[attachment=0:17af1tcd]total-lunar-eclipse-2001-solstice_30586_600x450[1].jpg[/attachment:17af1tcd]
Lunar Eclipse Tonight + Winter Solstice—First in 372 Years
When, where, and how to see the 2010 total lunar eclipse tonight.Main Content
A total lunar eclipse glows red over Germany (file picture).
Photograph by Heribert Proepper, AP
Andrew Fazekas

for National Geographic News

Updated December 20, 1020, 2:55 p.m. ET

In 2010, for the first time since 1638, a total lunar eclipse falls on the winter solstice—a stargazing event almost anyone in North America will be able to see tonight, weather permitting.

Occurring at 6:38 p.m. ET Tuesday, the 2010 winter solstice marks the official beginning of winter in the Northern Hemisphere. The shortest day of the year boasts the year's longest shadows and fewest daylight hours.

It's all due to the Northern Hemisphere being tilted farther from the sun than at any other point during the year. As a result, the sun follows its lowest arc of the year across the sky. (Get more winter solstice facts.)

In the early morning hours of the winter solstice day, many sky-watchers will see the first shadings of a total lunar eclipse.

The entire lunar eclipse will be best seen from North America and western South America. In most of Europe and Africa, the moon will dip below the horizon in mid-eclipse.

Unlike, say, last week's Geminid meteor shower (pictures), a lunar eclipse represents "one of the few times that an astronomical event is easily visible from even the heavily light polluted cities," said Raminder Singh Samra, resident astronomer at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre in Vancouver, Canada.

"Lunar eclipses are special, in a way, as the observer that is always in the city or too busy to get away can see this from his or her own backyard."

That assumes, of course, that you're in the right place at the right time.

Clouds, for example, can spoil any sky-watcher's night. And the lunar eclipse will be completely invisible to observers in southern and eastern Africa, the Middle East, or southern Asia—though NASA should have just about everyone covered with a live video feed of the lunar eclipse tonight.

(Related picture: "Lunar Eclipse Gives Alien's-Eye View of Earth.")

Lunar Eclipse 101

A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon, Earth, and the sun all line up, with Earth in the middle.

During the eclipse, Earth's shadow is cast onto the full moon, dimming—but not completely obscuring—its surface. Unlike solar eclipses, the lunar varieties are safe to view without any special eyewear.

Lunar eclipses occur twice a year. The previous one fell on June 26, 2010. (See "Lunar Eclipse Saturday to Appear Red?") But the June event was only a partial lunar eclipse.

The winter solstice lunar eclipse will be the first total eclipse of the moon in nearly three years, the last one being on February 20, 2008, according to Singh.

(See solstice pictures: fire rites, druids, and more.)

How to See the 2010 Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse

Around 1 a.m. ET tonight, you may notice a ghostly shading of the moon, marking the arrival of Earth's faint outer shadow, or penumbra.

Shortly after 1:33 a.m. ET, begin looking for the first signs of a dim "bite"—Earth's shadow—advancing across the moon from the left.

The total eclipse, or totality—when the entire moon is dimmed by Earth's shadow—begins at 2:41 a.m. ET and will last a little over 70 minutes.

Around 3:17 a.m. ET, as the moon plunges into Earth's umbra—the dark center of our planet's shadow—the moon will slowly begin glowing orange.

The last hint of Earth's shadow will slip away around 5:01 a.m. ET.

The next total lunar eclipse will occur on June 15, 2011, and will be best seen from southern Asia and eastern Africa. North Americans will have to wait until April 14, 2014.

(Related: "Solstice a Cause for Celebration Since Ancient Times.")

Why the Moon Turns Reddish During a Lunar Eclipse

Earth's thick, dust-filled atmosphere filters the sunlight shining through it, resulting in the rusty hue of a total lunar eclipse—the same reason the sun looks reddish during sunrises and sunsets.

"If you were on the moon during totality, you would look back at the Earth and see a ring of red light around the perimeter—the red light of all the sunsets and sunrises going on at Earth at that moment," astronomer Benjamin Burress said.

The reason Earth's shadow doesn't make the moon completely dark, even during totality, is that "Earth's atmosphere bends and filters the sunlight to shine a red light on the moon," said Burress, of Chabot Space & Science Center in Oakland, California.

The moon's color during a lunar eclipse can vary from dark gray to blazing orange, according to the amount of dust in Earth's atmosphere at the time.

"A volcanic eruption can put more dust into the atmosphere and increase the effect," Burress said. "Air pollution can do the same."

(Find out how a volcanic eruption in 1761 may have caused an especially dark total lunar eclipse.)

Since there hasn't been such an eruption recently, astronomers are forecasting a bright orange color for the 2010 winter solstice eclipse.

(Also see "Ancient Irish Tomb Big Draw at Winter Solstice.")

Lunar Eclipses: Omens in the Sky?

While there are no known historical records of solstice eclipses, lunar eclipses in general have long been sources of mystery and spectacle—and not necessarily in a good way.

Ancient documents from Asia, Europe, and the Middle East are full of references connecting eclipses with subsequent dark events, such as a famine or the death of a monarch. (Take a moon myths and mysteries quiz.)

In many traditional cultures, a total lunar eclipse occurs not when the moon enters Earth's shadow but when a mythological creature swallows the satellite, according to ancient-astronomy scholar Ed Krupp.

"For the Chinese, it was the heavenly dog, and across central Asia and Europe, it was a dragon," said Krupp, director of the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. "The Maya sometimes depicted the eclipse creature as a serpent, while in the Andes, it was often a puma."

In Iraq lunar eclipses are associated with a popular children's story of a moon that is eaten by a whale.

"For most people, most of the time, most eclipses were trouble," Krupp added. "They were regarded as disruptions of the world order, and that made them dangerous."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 21, 2010, 03:48:21 AM
*looks up* please, please, please let something important happen today. I'll be good for the rest of this year (which isn't much, so don't ruin my moment)!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

December 21, 2010, 04:16:40 AM
Thanks TS!! Its extremely cloudy out here so I wasn't able to see the eclipse, but the pictures looks absolutely beautiful!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJhasSpoken

December 21, 2010, 04:58:53 AM
The Lunar Eclipse was amazing...GOD is AMAZING!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions