If Only We Were Given The Chance...
December 17, 2009, 12:09:39 AM

Hey Guys

I've just got back from one of my night classes. So, basically we've been talking about relationships dating back to Cleopatra and Julius Ceser. About the power, respect, and the notarity that each faced during their time together and how they dealt. Now, I've been lacking in school since I've gotten so interested in this hoax these days. So, My teacher was so nice to let me do a paper to gain extra credit.  My paper has to deal with relationships just like Cleopatra and Julius Ceser.

Since there is like 20 of us that have to do the same type of paper to earn extra credit. I've decided to get creative an add Michael into the equation. Since he consumes most of my thoughts and I've thought about this several times before. I decided to go this route.

But I would like for you guys to help me out. So that it would not only be me answering but people from all age groups, different perceptions, and different walks of life.

Michael is a world famous guy and we've all seen how his other relations turn out. But I will ask you this... if you an Michael decided that you wanted to start a relationship or were already in the process of this ....

What challenges would you see yourself facing in being with him?

Are you willing to change your life in order to be with him? How far are you
willing to go with the changes?

How would this relationship affect your life as you now know it?

What reactions do you think you would recieve from your family and friends? Would that affect your decision about being in this relationship?

What would you or could you offer to the relationship?

With these questions I hope to explain what sacrifices, changes, and actions that would be taken to handle this type of relationship in my paper. So, I hope you guys will help me out. You can answer the question an add more if you like. You could even object to the question and say why you feel this way. I'm not putting you under any pressure guys...but it's due by the 21st of this month lol. So take your time and let your mind and heart guide your words
 :D
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"I now know I\'m mad and that\'s not even
the disturbing part...it\'s the fact that I\'ve
never embraced it before now"

Re: If Only We Were Given The Chance...
December 17, 2009, 06:33:40 AM
Apart from the fame I do not know, this is a hypothetical question as we have never met, we can assume that we all know Michael but this is only from what we have read and what he wants to reveal about himself. he may have bad habits and I also may have bad habits which annoy him.I really do not think he could annoy me though!
Yes-very willing! Apart from him being drop-dead gorgeous and polite and respectful it will be to every advantage to live in his lifestyle, most disputes in relationships are concerning money or lack of it, also I hardly think he will be willing to live in my little 3 bedroom house and get a regular job!
A great deal. The above answer covers this.
What reactions do you think you would receive from your family and friends? Would that affect your decision about being in this relationship?
My family and friends would either be very jealous or think I am nuts. It will be the females who will be madly jealous and my decision will be just that-MY decision. If I am happy they will be happy, that's how my family are. All will be happy for me (apart from my husband-sorry couldn't resist that!!)
Love.
(morning, noon and night hopefully!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

December 17, 2009, 08:33:10 AM
-Female attention. I am not a jealous person by nature. However it will get on my nerves to see so many women throw themselves at him amd do anything to gain his attention.
-Leeches and bloodsuckers. It will be bothersome to see so many people approach him to finance their dreams and to suck off his fame.
-Normal interaction as a couple. It will be difficult but not impossible...to have a normal relationship i.e. dating in public because of the paps and fan frenzy when he and I go anywhere.

To be in a relationship with a world reknown superstar would automatically change my lifestyle. He is rich. I am not. He is a world traveller. I am not. He is exposed to the entertainment business. I am not. The changes would be primarily with my lifestyle but not necessarily my personality. As long as he understood that a lifestyle change did not mean a personality change then we should be just fine. I am a chameleon who is capable of adjusting to new and different settings so it will not be too much of a stretch to make the adjustments. [/color

]How would this relationship affect your life as you now know it?
see above

What reactions do you think you would recieve from your family and friends? Would that affect your decision about being in this relationship?
Some open-minded family members will accept the relationship with open arms. If Mj is good to me then they will accept my decision to become involved with him in the same way that they have accepted my past relationships. The close-minded family members will question my judgement for becomming involved with such a perceived controversial person.

Aside from friendship, lust, trust and companship...I am capable of offering him a a mature romantic relationship. I am a woman who understands the realities of romance and what it takes to make relationships work. Plus it helps that I am grounded and know myself very well.  That would definitely come in handy when dealing with the pressures of his fame and criticism from the media. I am not a starry eyed fan who will drool when he enters a room. I will treat him as a human being and not as some "god-like" figure who walks  on water or parts the sea.  There will be no "yes" when the answer should be "no".  

This was a pretty cool execise. Kudos to you for posting this. To many fans it would be a piece of cake to become involved with MJ  or so they think. Many would not be able to withstand the pressure of simply being MJs girlfriend or Mrs. Michael Jackson. That is why so many celebrity relationships end. One person cannot handle the fame of the other person.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 17, 2009, 08:50:53 AM
This is really interesting. I don't know if I ever really looked at him as relationship material for me personally, besides sometimes thinking how fine he looked in the 70s into the 80s and even the 90s. lol.  Anyway, I think we would be better off as friends. For many reasons, one is the fact that I'm half his age so I think both families would be like WTF? lol Not that their opinions matter in our relationship but even I would like be WTF? lol Umm...but I'll hypothetically put myself in that situation and see what honest answers I come up with.

What challenges would you see yourself facing in being with him? The obvious would be the age difference. I think me adjusting to his lifestyle (the fame,the attention, the females who would throw themselves at him, the sheer talent this man possess and would I be jealous of it, his children, etc.) and how much would I sacrifice for OUR relationship and how much would he? How much would I really know about him? How much would I be willing to tell about myself? How much of a secret would each other be? Would I really be loving him for who he is or the idea of him? Okay this is causing more questions than answers. lol

I'll be willing to make some changes that benefit the both of us. However, I honestly am not sure if it would be a healthy relationship if I am making all these changes FOR him and he is not doing anything different. That would be unfair.

How would this relationship affect your life as you now know it? Well I wouldn't be working at a 9-5 job. lol I'll be able to be more free with my creativity. However, I wouldn't want to use him at all so hmm...that's complicated. Are you starting to see why this relationship would not be good for either one of us? lol

What reactions do you think you would receive from your family and friends? Would that affect your decision about being in this relationship?
Like I said, the initial reaction would be like WTF. However, I have some open-minded folks in my family who would I think accept it and let us be. I think they would be more concern that I don't lose myself in him. And there would be members who would hold on to their initial reaction.

Love. Always love. And maybe a sense of a "normal life" and "normal childhood". Great friendship, trust, honesty, great conversations. However, I am not sure I would offer that much right now in my life. If I can be totally honest here, I think I have so much growing to do before I can even be in his league sort of speak. Not to say one is better than the other. We are just at two totally different places so again, friendship would probably be best for us because in a romantic relationship, it would be one hot mess. lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

December 17, 2009, 01:58:03 PM
Well like someone mentioned before the big age difference. I think no one would really even try to except that all tho i could be wrong but another challenge would be him having to deal with me. I'm really bossy and i think i like things to go my way or it's the highway and i think i would have to break that habit in order to be with him tho.And well i really don't think I would enjoy all the females throwing their selves at him well none of us would and that would make me kinda angry.

I would be very willing with changes because my whole life has been based on change so it's really not a problem for me to change for the person that I love. I would go as far as it takes to change as long as he makes changes with me I can't do it all by myself.
Well i think i would feel more love from him than I have ever felt love before.I am basically going to have the same type of lifestyle because I plan on being a singer and dancer because that's where my heart is so I might be away from him for a while unless he's with me all the time.
I think the reaction would be pretty harsh well coming from my mom. She always has to be negative and like i mentioned before she will talk about how much older he is than me and how are we suppose to make that work and all that stuff which will make me upset because she's my mom and she's suppose to support me. On the other end i do have people in my family who would be glad that I found someone i want to be with and if he makes me happy and i make him happy our relationship will last.My cousin would probably laugh because well he's so goofy lolz but yea he would be well alright with it.With my friends only my closest friends would be alright with it which is only about 5 BFF's that i have so they would really care but maybe 1 would be negative because again our age difference but age isn't anything but a number love conquers all.I would not let that affect my decision on being in this relationship because it only matters about what me and him think of the relationship not anyone else.
I would offer forever lasting love anytime he needs a hug he can have it a kiss he can have it anything he wants his wish is my command lols.Support because when he's feeling down all he has to do is come to me and we can talk about whatever is bothering him. Also trust,honesty,friendship,care,and affection.
This exercise really brought out how i would act in a relationship with someone i honestly do love and i thank you this gave me more reasons to feel the way i do about Michael. And all of your responses were great reading those made me realize there are sooooo many of his fans care more about him than anyone else!!!!!!We rock ladies!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

December 17, 2009, 08:58:39 PM
Thanks  :D  :
HarleyBlonde
GirlSaturday
looking4truth
Mj5StarChick

You guys gave some great answers.
I'm glad you guys looked before you leaped, lol

Okay, I've just answered the questions. Took awhile I had to think
alot of things over

I understand the challenges would be many. We're like 30 yrs apart in age.
So trying to be on the same level would take some time. The women is one of them. I know they're a big part of his life and he loves them. But I would still get a little jealous and uptight at times. The media following and hounding us. Questioning my sanity because they can't believe I'm with him. There's probably more but I can't name them right now.

Are you willing to change your life in order to be with him?
Yes, I am willing but just enough so that I don't completely lose who I am or what I stand for. But I think we would have to set goals so that we both put in effort to make this work. Change will only happen if both parties choose to do it together.

Things would change but I hope not dramtically. I might have to move so we could be closer together. He would become a prority in my life so I would have to make time for him. His life would have to merge with mines. I would probably get alot of slack from his female fans, the media, and maybe even his family. So I would have to stay on my toes alot. I might have to change some my ways, my attitude, and some of things I do and say in the process too.

What reactions do you think you would recieve from your family and friends? Would that affect your decision about being in this relantionship?
I probably would get support from some but the rest would have something to say. Most would give him a hard time asking all these crazy questions. Like, What does a 50 something year old man want with a young thing like her? Others, I could see them asking me was I crazy. They probably would come around soon, I think. I understand I might recieve some slack from them but I wouldn't let them stop me from being with someone I cared for.

I would love him unconditionally. I would be patient, kind, understanding and everything in between towards him. I would try to be his everything or atleast do my best. Love is probably the best thing I could give, though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2009, 06:42:30 AM
Great questions...and answers! :D  I've been wondering how many of you would leave your husbands if Michael showed up at your door.  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

Lorrie

December 18, 2009, 09:02:33 AM
Quote from: "ILuvUMoreMJ"
I've been wondering how many of you would leave your husbands if Michael showed up at your door.
So true, ILuvUMoreMJ.

I've seen similar "what do you think would happen if you had the chance to hook up with Michael" questions asked elsewhere, and it's ALWAYS the married ones who jump in first to answer. Just goes to show how wide and deep and far Michael's appeal extends.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 18, 2009, 02:13:48 PM
Quote from: "ILuvUMoreMJ"
Great questions...and answers! :D  I've been wondering how many of you would leave your husbands if Michael showed up at your door.  :lol:
Lols i'm to young to be married but i think i would leave mine for Michael if he showed up lols but we can still be friends hahahhaa :D  :D  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

December 18, 2009, 09:24:45 PM
Exactly lots of women would leave...probably even me..maybe  :lol:
Glad I'm not attached at the moment. Michael has that appeal
that can make even the strongest relationships crumble. He's
a force to be reckon with. Some men will lose without even
knowing their fighting lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 19, 2009, 07:03:22 PM
Ok hope im not to late with my answers. then again this is a brilliant topic i found it help me by writting these answers to clarify what i truley feel for Micheal. After reading your answers i can only add you are far more stronger as women than me  :)  ok here goes ....

phew!! where do i start .. dealing with his huge stardom, this is the most famous man in the world. would he be prepared to let me keep my privacy. Would he be happy for me to walk in his shadow unknown except by name to the media, fans etc? I would want Michael Jackson the man, my partner at home. Michael Jackson the superstar would be when he 'left for the office' could he be that for me? The children would be a huge challenge. I would take michael as a package, and you need to love the children as much if not more than the father or the relationship will not work. I would not tolerate a nanny so i would see that being a huge challenge. but the biggest challenge would be the circus that found its way into micheals life. I know when to say NO and when i say no i mean it. the challenge would be surviving with Micheal while the Pariahs around him are convincing him that whoever says no to the 'king of pop' should be outed. I would hope he loved me enough to understand why i said no.

Yes, that goes without saying. dosent being in a relationship mean you accomidate each other? selflishness kills relationships quicker than unfaithfullness. The biggest change in my life would be having to leave my family in the UK to start a new life in USA but to me it would be an adventure. Other changes would be dealing with Michaels life style. But as i said above i would hope to be with the man His stardom would be his job and i would hope for me and for love he could seperate the two. One aspect of being with Michael is the way i live my life now alongside nature and healing our planet. I would hope being with micheal would enhance that aspect of my life rather than feel i had to change it.

Dramaticaly!! could i live with loosing my anominity?? thats a hard question. I take the everyday pleasures for granted, would my love for Michael be strong enough to forsake all that? thats an answer i cant give untill i was in that situation. On the plus side being with Micheal would give me a voice to reach more people in the hope of dealing with issues in the world that are important to me. The other way a relationship with Micheal could affect my life is how he would accept my son. we would have to all be a family and a regular family that happens to live in a surreal world or nothing at all.

What reactions do you think you would recieve from your family and friends? Would that affect your decision about being in this relantionship?
My family would support me in any descision i made because i know they are there for me should i need their love and support. I have been hurt and used by many so called friends in the past so my true friend circle is very small. however i know them well enough that they trust my judgement and they would support any choice i made even if they thought it was the wrong one.

All i could offer Micheal would be my heart, my loyalty, my trust, my support, my life and most importantly my Love thats all i have to offer? seems very little for some one as great as Micheal dosent it  :(

so there you go i have been as honest as i could be. Makes you realise when ansering these types of question just how precious real love is and how hard it is to find that kind of love dosent it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~*~*Shoot for the Moon ~ Even if you miss you land among the Stars*~*~
We only live once. Since we are given the gift of life, it should be a persistent endeavour to immortalize ourselves, no matter what field of endeavour we choose\' .. Michael Jackson
Michael to me your not an icon nor a superstar .. your just a boy that this girl fell in love with a very long time ago.

December 19, 2009, 11:09:28 PM
Oh No your not to late Suzi~Ses~Its~Right

I also would like to Thank You for taking time
out of your investigation mode to answer these questions.

I must add you answered the questions wonderfully  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lorrie

December 19, 2009, 11:26:45 PM
Quote from: "Suzi~Ses~Its~Right"
would he be prepared to let me keep my privacy. Would he be happy for me to walk in his shadow unknown except by name to the media, fans etc?
I believe Michael would be on both counts. He has indicated in the past that he works very hard to maintain the privacy of non-famous women who've been lucky enough to have an intimate relationship with him.

I don't know how he did such a great job keeping those women out of the spotlight, but it's possible that the public only knows about the famous tip of the iceberg when it comes to Michael's romantic history. Tatum, Stephanie, Brooke, Lisa Marie, and Debbie were likely just five of many, so good for him. Just as he told Oprah, he's a gentleman.

I also love your response that you wouldn't tolerate a nanny for any children you have. I feel exactly the same way, although I have nothing against people who can afford them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 20, 2009, 12:04:21 AM
I wasn't gonna answer this but I am gonna do it for FUN

Keeping my anonymity. I would like to keep out of the publics eye. I never want to be a celebrity. I wouldn't really know what other challenges we would face unless I was in it at that time. So this is hard to know without being behind closed doors and knowing him as a partner. The fans and girls wouldn't be a challenge to me I ould be flattered and I would not be with someone I could not trust.

I think in every relationship you go through changes and in this situation it would be no different than any other man. I live in NY and he lives in CA, so I guess moving would be a change. But his children are settled in CA so I would move there and have my house here in NY for us to go to when in NY. I am pretty independent so that would be interesting.

Again this is tough without being in it to know. The biggest adjustment would be  the normal stuff, getting use to living with someone, learing about eachothers habits, having your own seperate space and time apart and learning how to balance it all, also since I haven't been blessed w/ my own children yet I would now be with his. Again no different, than with any other relationship. I would love to be able to join him on all his humanitarian efforts that is the best part to me!!

My family would support me no matter what. If they knew he loved me that he would treat me right then they would be all that matters

Love, trust, honesty, loyalty, friendship. The usual stuff that you bring into a loving relationship. I am a strong woman and am known to be a great listener, always wanting to learn and try new things, and be very supportive to people around me. I actually think we could learn a lot from one another. I too love to be on the go all the time, I love to talk to people and study them and hear about their lives. Come to think about it we actually do have quite a few passions/things in common. I am younger than him but like he, I have always been young at heart  but yet have had many friends of different ages.I am old fashioned like him too. One good thing about me is I don't care about what you do for a living and material things are just that material things.Yes its nice to have the things I have but thats not important in life. I  could always seperate being the fan when he was up on the stage and once he's off then he is just Mike.

Wow that was fun LOL... a bit embarrased at the moment , but fun
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MAKE THAT CHANGE!!

MJLover1990

December 21, 2009, 04:06:53 PM
Well I don't want to be famous, I never wanted to be a famous person and I hope Michael will understand that I want to keep my privacy and just be there for him and be his girlfiend/wife without the media knowing about it. The media would try to destroy what we have together and I  hope Michael won't let that happen. I want Michael for who he is not for The King of Pop or the famous Michael Jackson, I want him and see him as a normal person that the media and other people don't see, he's my husband, partner, soulmate, friend etc.

Absolutely without a doubt, I mean if you love each other their are no boundaries. I've never flew on an airplane but for him I would do it, I would do anything for him. I mean I would have to leave my family and start my life with him and live with him and all and it would be hard to leave my family like that but being with Michael and my love for him is stronger then anything else, he would get me through all the changes for sure.

Alot, but it's worth is. You know that is the price you must pay when you meet someone who is really famous for the public eye and the media but I don't see him as famous I love him for who he is even if he wasn't famous, and my life would definitely make a huge switch if that would ever happen but it's worth every thing I have.

My family and friends would support me and stand by me I think, they know that I have very strong feelings for him and they would definitely say if this is what you want then you should do it. If they would not support it would not affect my decision in the relationship. I would want to be with Michael and love him and when two people love each other you can't keep them apart.

Love, Trust, Hope, respect, loyalty, support, understanding, Just everything and especially my heart!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions