Michael Jackson's brothers share grief on tv show
December 16, 2009, 09:03:14 PM
They asked to be given some time to grieve the loss of their brother Michael.
And now, six months after his death, Michael Jackson's brothers have decided to share the emotional and intimate scenes from the day they buried their brother.
Although they held a very public memorial service so the world could say goodbye to the pop superstar, the Jackson family kept his actual funeral ceremony private between them and 200 specially invited guests But now, that intimate day with the late singer's fans, has been shared with fans and viewers across the US as part of the Jackson brothers' new reality TV show, 'The Jack5ons: A Family Dynasty'.
The emotional scenes, which aired on the first episode in the US last night, showed the family at the private service at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, Los Angeles.
In one, Michael's younger pop star singer Janet looks tired and emotional as she is shown to her seat, while in another, the brothers, all wearing dark sunglasses, gather round as they get ready to say their last farewells to MichaelAnother scene shows the family and friends of the late star take their seats by Michael's coffin as the service begins.
The six-episode series, which began filming earlier this year,  then follows the remaining members of the Jackson 5 - Tito, Jermaine, Jackie and Marlon - as the four of them started making plans for a Jackson 5 reunion tour to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Motown group.
But after Michael's unexpected and sudden death on June 25 at the age of 50, they hadn't just lost their beloved brother, but also their lead singer, although it is still unclear whether Michael was intending to join them for the reunionAlthough it began filming before his death, Michael does not appear in the show and was actually rehearsing for his own comeback concerts in London at the time.
It instead focuses on the the four other members of the Jackson 5 as they met for dance rehearsals and follows them to recording studios and back to their humble beginnings in Gary, Indiana.
The programme also shows how they individually dealt with Michael's death and the aftermath.
Jackie is seen breaking down in tears as he remembers hearing about Michael's death on his car radio. And Jermaine Jackson said he was still finding it hard to listen to the band's old music.He said: 'I think about Michael every moment. We will never be the Jackson 5 again.'
And he justified the decision to carry on filming the documentary after Michael died, and said: 'We are doing what he would want us to do. This is the best connection we have with the fans who want so much more from the family.
'For so many years we have never revealed who we really are. You knew us on stage, but (now) we get a chance to be ourselves off stage.'
Producers said fans would have the entire series to find out whether the brothers decide to go ahead with the reunionExecutive producer Jodi Gomes, said: 'That is a surprise ending...so you have to stay tuned for that. The guys live all of those answers out on camera.'
And he denied reports that they had intended to have Michael's three young children - Prince Michael Joseph, 12, Paris Katherine, 11 and seven-year-old Blanket - appear on the TV show,
Citing respect for Michael's efforts to keep them away from the media spotlight during his life, Gomes said: 'There was never any intention to put Michael's children on the show before or after his death.'
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

And he justified the decision to carry on filming the documentary after Michael died, and said: 'We are doing what he would want us to do. This is the best connection we have with the fans who want so much more from the family.

I'm a fan and I don't want any more from the family.  In fact, I have had so much more from the family since Michael's "death" then I know what to do with.  Don't they get it...we want our Michael back, the rest of them can go back to whatever they were doing before June 25th...which I recall was much of nothing.  Michael has more talent in one pinkie than the rest of his siblings put together.  Let me take that back..half a pinkie.  Of course, Janet is good, but she is acting all weird now.  They are all too weird!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Liberian Girl Heehee"  I have to agree with you....the family just doesn't get it after, um, 3 decades+.......very weird to all of us!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Liberian Girl Heehee"

I'm a fan and I don't want any more from the family.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
LMAOOOO! reeee-jected!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

'We are doing what he would want us to do. This is the best connection we have with the fans who want so much more from the family.

Oh yeah! .... :?:  R They trying to get off a clue or something.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

A clue like what? Also I will not be going to see the Jackson4. MJ was my world. I feel they should just chill and enjoy life. It will and hasn't ever been the same without MJ. Also IMO they are getting a little old to be trying to tour. Jackie is what like 58? The only person that could be 90- and not look a day of it is MJ!@ That beautiful beautiful man! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions