MICHAEL- exclusive track by track review
December 03, 2010, 09:36:29 AM
Michael Jackson's new album Michael - exclusive track by track review

by Clemmie Moodie, Daily Mirror 2/12/2010

THE wait is over – and the biggest and most unlikely album of the decade is here.
I’ve had the first ever listen to Michael Jackson’s new collection of tracks, compiled 17 months after he died.

And the album, called Michael, is not half Bad - even if some of the vocals sound slightly less than Jackson-esque.

MJ’s brother Randy has said it’s not Michael on the record but after having an earwig myself, I am satisfied it really IS Michael Jackson.

His voice is unmistakable in the majority of tracks, including personal favourites, Monster and Hollywood Tonight. Now the late star, who died aged 50, is odds-on to trounce his rivals from beyond the grave.

Yep, it’s game on between Take That and Jacko as the Thriller star is tipped to land the No1 Christmas album slot.

HMV spokesman Gennaro Castaldo said: “There’s a huge chance Michael will sneak in and get the top spot from Take That.

“Take That have sold over one million copies already, but someone of Michael Jackson’s status, with his fanbase, has a massive chance of knocking them off. His fans are so excited – like Elvis it keeps adding to the MJ momentum.”

You just can’t Beat It.

Hold My Hand (feat Akon): The first single is poignant with an eerily prophetic opening - "This life don't last forever." Anthemic track with a clap beat at the end.

Hollywood Tonight: Top tune. A certified Jacko hit. Written during the recording of 2007's Invincible album, but so hot could have come off Bad with its dancefloor feel.

Much Too Soon: A ballad where he croons: "Take away this never ending sorrow, take this lonely feeling from my soul."

Behind The Mask: Here he beat boxes. Yep, beat boxes. Inspired by Can You Feel It and Eric Clapton's Behind The Mask.

Best Of Joy: Soppy ballad time - JLS will be jealous. Cute voice. Tick. Melodies. Tick. Hit. Tick.

Breaking News: "Everyone watching the news: I'm Michael Jackson," he sings, over and over. And he has a right old moan, adding: "All the news today, they say I'm crazy."

I Can't Make It Another Day: Teaming up with Lenny Kravitz, he warbles: "I can't make it another day without your love." Some classic guitar riffs from Kravitz.

Keep Your Head Up: Festive bells chime on this track about a woman's struggle. A children's chorus sings him out.

I Like The Way You Love Me: Originally from 2004's Ultimate Collection, this showcases Michael's voice at its purest.

Monster (feat 50 Cent): A winner. Fiddy's rap brings the tune bang up to date and blends with Jacko's soulful voice.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why must the British media always call him that?  :?  :roll:  :(
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: MICHAEL- exclusive track by track review
December 03, 2010, 09:49:00 AM
PS Behind The Mask: Here he beat boxes. Yep, beat boxes. Inspired by Can You Feel It and Eric Clapton's Behind The Mask.

WOAH!!!! He's actually beat boxing in a song!?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

December 03, 2010, 10:01:17 AM
Wow, I'll overlook the 'Jacko' reference as this is actually a really positive article! We need more like this!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2010, 10:03:48 AM
It is a GREAT article though just once I would like to see an article from The Mirror without that reference
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2010, 12:27:01 PM
Great article...in spite of the name calling. At least they left off the "wacko" part, right? They are getting better...

I can't wait - I hope Michael stomps every record out there. Go Michael!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

December 03, 2010, 04:40:56 PM
I'm glad the article is positive about the album, but I hate the tone some music critics take, a tone of "I'm cool and I know it all and I call Jackson Jacko". So damn pretentious! It's Michael who's the artist and the one creating those songs they listen to - not THEM.  :evil:

"With your pen you torture men."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions