Im_convincedmjaliveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
We Know What's Going On! Brotha Brotha...
November 22, 2010, 05:03:05 PM
[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KC7uhMY9s[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jVSOhGS9g0[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Jackie Jackson Talks Brother Michael Jackson, Oprah, And New Music
Anthony Jones - AHN Entertainment Reporter

Los Angeles, CA, United States (AHN) - Jackie Jackson, member of the Jackson 5 and brother of the late King of Pop Michael Jackson, just released his first solo single in over 20 years. The track, “We Know What’s Going On,” is a soulful slice of dance pop that sounds like exactly what MJ might have strived towards on a new album, complete with chanting choruses, soaring melodies, and unity-inspiring lyrics.

Michael is even featured on the track, with segments of a recorded speech from 2002 playing over the song’s bridge. “Together we can make a change the world / Together we can help to stop racism. / Together we can help to stop prejudice. / We can help the world live without fear,” Michael says.

The single is Jackson's first solo release since his 1989 album, “Be the One.” Over 20 years later, Jackie, who just appeared on “Oprah” in an episode she devoted to her childhood crush, sounds more youthful and vibrant than ever. After appearing on Oprah’s show, Jackie spoke with AHN about O, his brother Michael, and his brand new sound.

AHN: It was great seeing you on “Oprah.” What was it like having probably the most famous woman on the planet telling you you’re her longtime crush?

Jackie Jackson: At first I never heard of that. My friends were telling me about that and I thought they were just kidding me. But then I get this call from her production staff and they just wanted to me to shoot this little video for her and I shot it this one morning. But they built a whole show around that, a whole “teen idols” around it. It was great.

AHN: So tell me, “We Know What’s Going On” is your new single. How did this song come about?

JJ: I had so much fun working on it. Steve DuBerry and I wrote it together, produced it together. He came up to visit me and he just had an idea about some things and he played me something. And I was like, “Hold up. What’s this right here?” I said, “I like this. This could be something.” So we took the song into the studio and I wrote lyrics and melody to the track and there it was.

AHN: What inspired the sound for the single? Are you a fan of dance music?

JJ: Are you kidding me? I love dance music. That’s what’s happening today, music like Lady Gaga. I just love it. People love to have fun and dance. Especially since the economy is down right now, you’ve got to uplift the people through music and dance.

AHN: Your brother Michael is also featured on the song. What was the inspiration to use the words from that speech?

JJ: I had Martin Luther King on there before and I thought, “Wait a minute. I could find my brother saying something similar.” Michael had made this speech at Oxford University and his speech happened to go with the lyrics that I wrote. It worked perfectly with the song. So I took Martin Luther King out and put my brother in there. So when we first heard the song from start to finish and Michael came on, me and Steve both just started crying, just boo-hooing.

AHN: Your brother Michael was reported to have been experimenting with dance music too before he passed.

JJ: His album is going to be incredible when it comes out. So brace yourself. It’s going to be great.

AHN: So you’ve heard some of the material on “Michael”?

JJ: Yeah. It’s amazing. It’s good stuff.

AHN: What is it about the timing now that seems right for a new record from you?

JJ: Well I was supposed to be recording with my brothers but they all have different projects they’re working on right now. Marlon’s working on something, Jermaine is in Europe doing different things, Tito has his blues band. It’s hard for me to get them together all the time because they have obligations to finish.

AHN: What do your brothers think of “We Know What’s Going On”?

JJ: They all love it. They all want to be a part of it now. (Laughing) They’re so busy with their projects but now they kinda regret it!

AHN: Do you think that touring is in the future for you or you and your brothers?

JJ: Of course. My brothers are going to get back in the studio soon and there’s going to be a major tour. They have these individual projects going on right now but they’ll be back. You’ll see.  ;)
[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzIQlVSH8GU&feature=related[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zZCOR6H1Bk&feature=related[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-3zuDB0_JY&feature=related[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMCqtNEgZYY&feature=related[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
The African-American Civil Rights Movement (1955–1968) refers to the movements in the United States aimed at outlawing racial discrimination against African Americans and restoring Suffrage in Southern states. This article covers the phase of the movement between 1954 and 1968, particularly in the South. By 1966, the emergence of the Black Power Movement, which lasted roughly from 1966 to 1975, enlarged the aims of the Civil Rights Movement to include racial dignity, economic and political self-sufficiency, and freedom from oppression by white Americans.

Many of those who were active in the Civil Rights Movement, with organizations such as NAACP, SNCC, CORE and SCLC, prefer the term "Southern Freedom Movement" because the struggle was about far more than just civil rights under law; it was also about fundamental issues of freedom, respect, dignity, and economic and social equality.

During the period 1955–1968, acts of nonviolent protest and civil disobedience produced crisis situations between activists and government authorities. Federal, state, and local governments, businesses, and communities often had to respond immediately to crisis situations which highlighted the inequities faced by African Americans. Forms of protest and/or civil disobedience included boycotts such as the successful Montgomery Bus Boycott (1955–1956) in Alabama; "sit-ins" such as the influential Greensboro sit-in (1960) in North Carolina; marches, such as the Selma to Montgomery marches (1965) in Alabama; and a wide range of other nonviolent activities.

Noted legislative achievements during this phase of the Civil Rights Movement were passage of Civil Rights Act of 1964, that banned discrimination based on "race, color, religion, or national origin" in employment practices and public accommodations; the Voting Rights Act of 1965, that restored and protected voting rights; the Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965, that dramatically opened entry to the U.S. to immigrants other than traditional European groups; and the Fair Housing Act of 1968, that banned discrimination in the sale or rental of housing. African Americans re-entered politics in the South, and across the country young people were inspired to action

[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqSWOAd3W14&feature=related[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

Who We Are
About UNCF  
At a time when a college degree is what a high school diploma was to previous generations, the minimum entry-level requirement for almost every well-paying career, UNCF plays a critical role in enabling more than 60,000 students each year to attend college and get the education they want and deserve. To close the educational attainment gap between African Americans and the majority population, UNCF helps promising students attend college and graduate by:

• Providing operating funds for its 39 member colleges, all of them small, liberal arts institutions, making it possible for them to offer their students 21st century academic programs while keeping their tuitions to less than half the average of other private colleges;

• Administering 400 scholarship and internship programs, so that even students from low- and moderate-income families can afford college tuition, books and room and board;

• Serving as a national advocate for the importance minority higher education by representing the public policy interests of its students and member colleges, through its annual television program, An Evening of Stars®, and by using print and electronic media to carry out the mission implicit in its motto, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste."®
[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZEkJFNakus&feature=related[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

NAACP

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, usually abbreviated as NAACP, is one of the oldest and most influential civil rights organizations in the United States. Its mission is "to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination". Its name, retained in accordance with tradition, is one of the last surviving uses of the term colored people.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) consists of two separate non-profit organizations: the ACLU Foundation, a 501 organization which focuses on litigation and communication efforts, and the American Civil Liberties Union, a 501 organization which focuses on legislative lobbying. The ACLU's stated mission is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States."

Here is their website.
[youtube:hlwt06cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cWhXXxrlQw[/youtube:hlwt06cd]

Thank You!

Peace
:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

8-)  ;)  8-)
It's All For L.O.V.E.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: We Know What's Going On! Brotha Brotha...
November 22, 2010, 07:13:59 PM
Right Jackie...the timing is "coincidental". After 20 years you "just decided" to get back into the studio and someone "just happened to come to you". You just "happened to have Martin Luther King in your song" and "just happened to think you could put Michael in there".

Your brothers are all doing their own thing and this all just tells me that what we all witnessed on your reality show in 2009 was just that, an act, because if someone had asked me to predict what you all could do on your own in the following year, it sure wouldn't have been what we are witnessing after watching the lack of attention, devotion, etc. on that show. LOL.

Also - you plug Michael's new album and say how awesome it is. You've obviously not talked to other family members?

Well, I don't believe in coincidence and this all looks very well timed to me. Well done! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

November 22, 2010, 09:39:06 PM
Still waiting for the dance music on the album. Though Opis None is a brilliant dance track.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

November 23, 2010, 05:23:30 PM
Quote from: "Im_convincedmjalive"

[youtube:2iac3nbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzIQlVSH8GU&feature=related[/youtube:2iac3nbk]

[youtube:2iac3nbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zZCOR6H1Bk&feature=related[/youtube:2iac3nbk]

[youtube:2iac3nbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-3zuDB0_JY&feature=related[/youtube:2iac3nbk]

[youtube:2iac3nbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMCqtNEgZYY&feature=related[/youtube:2iac3nbk]

Thank you for the video about Michael’s Oxford Speech 2001. I haven’t seen it before. It’s about childhood and how important childhood & love is as a fundament for the rest of your life, that it is so important to be a loved child in your childhood. “If you enter this world knowing that you’re loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” Beautiful and so true. In part 3&4 Michael tells us about his childhood & his father, very personal memories. Tiny gestures of love, like to be settled at the pony during the carnival or the glazed doughnuts, were really rare, were very precious to him. It was very touching. Michael knows what love is and knows how to love his children even more, because he missed the expression of love from his father in his childhood. In spite of this missing in the past, Michael transfers it to a positive and good thing. I find this very strong. That’s why I admire & love Michael.

With L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions