AMA Awards
November 21, 2010, 11:26:29 PM
did anyone else watch the AMA awards tonight?  It is so obvious how much influence Michael has had on the muic genre today - everyone is trying to imitate his inimitable style - I know they say imitation is the highest form of flattery but no one can even come close to him.

Anyway, I was watching Justin Bieber win the second of his 3 AMA awards and while I don't fully get his music (I think I may be Michael's oldest fan on this site) when Justin was making his acceptance speech and thanking everyone, fans, family etc. he said - and he is the only performer who did this - he thanked Michael Jackson for making this all possible.  Without him none of them would be there.

As I said I don't quite get Justin's music - yet - but I was very proud to be a Canadian when Justin paid homage to the genius of Michael Jackson.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nefari

Re: AMA Awards
November 21, 2010, 11:31:24 PM
I got the biggest kick out of the snippet of teenage Michael shown introducing little bitty Janet and then the great ad for the new Michael dance game. I was all giddy when that came on right after Justin was talking.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions