PJ4MJTopic starter

Quincy Jones Not Thanked By Jacksons
November 20, 2010, 03:07:07 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quincy Jones has criticised Michael Jackson's family for never thanking him for the work he produced with the late singer.
Quincy Jones was never thanked by the Jackson family for his work with Michael Jackson.
The producer worked with the late singer on his most successful albums 'Off The Wall', 'Thriller' - the biggest selling album of all time - and 'Bad' but says his family, in particular father Joe Jackson, have never thanked him for his hard work.
When told Joe claims he was in the studio every day with Michael when he was recording, Quincy replied: "He's a liar. He takes the p**s. Not once did the family ever thank me for doing what we did, not once nobody. Of course, Michael thanked me but that's it."
Quincy also said that in his role as a producer and musician he always thinks in terms of colour and tries to imagine songs visually before creating them.
He added: "I was in art first, you know and I think in terms of sketches, watercolours and oil, psychological thing. I think in images all the time."
Quincy has worked with some of the biggest artists in the modern era, and also told how confidence in your work is key if you're going to cut tracks with some of the most revered artists of the modern era.
He added: "It's a process man, a never ending process, and you have to go and use your judgment with it. When you tell artists like Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles to jump without a net you gotta know what you're talking about. I was ready for Frank though, I've been doing this since I was 13, but you better have it together, because he'll watch you like a hawk."

Okay, I'll readily admit that I don't particularly care for QJ, but I can't see any reason why he thinks Michael's family should thank him.  I mean, get over yourself already.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Quincy Jones Not Thanked By Jacksons
November 20, 2010, 05:10:57 PM
I completely agree.  Why should Michael's family thank him?  Quincy was simply doing his job.  He should be happy that Michael chose to work with him.  Michael thanked him; shouldn't that be enough?  I wonder if he ever thanked Michael.  What a conceited thing to even suggest!  I already didn't care for him much after he completely dissed Michael's vitiligo, and this just makes me not care for him even more.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 21, 2010, 01:20:45 AM
I agree with both of you.  Michael's family didn't owe any thanks to Quincy.  QJ got money and awards and recognition out of his work with Michael... Isn't that enough?!  Plus, he really was doing his job.  So WTH?  I've never heard Michael Jackson say "This particular collaborator's family didn't thank me..."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

November 21, 2010, 03:11:19 AM
All MJ's true friends or work associates have gushed their love for him and honor to be with him since the "death", but QJ just talks about himself and whines about recognition he didn't get? Ugh...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 21, 2010, 08:42:24 AM
I think MJ is very disappointed on QJ, especially after Quincy statements :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

November 24, 2010, 10:40:38 PM
dont like quincy :evil:  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 24, 2010, 11:58:36 PM
i sometimes wonder if these little things aren't thrown out there just to see how quick people will be to judge someone. i know i catch myself getting judgemental on katherine sometimes.  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal