No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Re: TIAI 11/18
November 17, 2010, 11:32:35 PM
Ah....the story of God's servant Job. I'm thinking of the end of Job's trials where God restored everything that was stolen from him many times over. I have always had the impression that things will be similar for our Mike.  Thankyou TS. As I'm way late for work I will study this when I get home at depth.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 17, 2010, 11:35:29 PM
Job 1:6-22 (American Standard Version)

6 Now it came to pass on the day when the sons of God came to present themselves before Jehovah, that Satan also came among them.

7 And Jehovah said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered Jehovah, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

8 And Jehovah said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job? for there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and turneth away from evil.

9 Then Satan answered Jehovah, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10 Hast not thou made a hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath, on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11 But put forth thy hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will renounce thee to thy face.

12 And Jehovah said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thy hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of Jehovah.

13 And it fell on a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house,

14 that there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them;

15 and the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away: yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have taken them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house;

19 and, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

20 Then Job arose, and rent his robe, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped;

21 and he said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: Jehovah gave, and Jehovah hath taken away; blessed be the name of Jehovah.

22 In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 11:36:41 PM
When I think of Job I think of "the patience of Job". Are we being told to be patient?

But yes, because of Job's faithfulness he was blessed more in the end than he was up to that point in his life. I really hope this story of Michael turns out like the story of Job....what a day of rejoicing that will be!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Serenitys_Dream

November 17, 2010, 11:49:18 PM
Since I don't know the meaning of this I looked it up.  :D

Satan obtains leave to try Job.
Job's afflictions began from the malice of Satan, by the Lord's permission, for wise and holy purposes. There is an evil spirit, the enemy of God, and of all righteousness, who is continually seeking to distress, to lead astray, and, if possible, to destroy those who love God. How far his influence may extend, we cannot say; but probably much unsteadiness and unhappiness in Christians may be ascribed to him. While we are on this earth we are within his reach. Hence it concerns us to be sober and vigilant, 1Pe 5:8.

See how Satan censures Job. This is the common way of slanderers, to suggest that which they have no reason to think is true. But as there is nothing we should dread more than really being hypocrites, so there is nothing we need dread less than being called and counted so without cause. It is not wrong to look at the eternal recompence in our obedience; but it is wrong to aim at worldly advantages in our religion.

God's people are taken under his special protection; they, and all that belong to them. The blessing of the Lord makes rich; Satan himself owns it. God suffered Job to be tried, as he suffered Peter to be sifted. It is our comfort that God has the devil in a chain, Re 20:1. He has no power to lead men to sin, but what they give him themselves; nor any power to afflict men, but what is given him from above. All this is here described to us after the manner of men. The Scripture speaks thus to teach us that God directs the affairs of the world. (Job 1:13-19)

The Book of Job
The Book of Job is one of the books of the Hebrew Bible. It relates the story of Job, who was not Jewish, and in Jewish tradition is the son of Utz, who was the son of Nahor, the brother of Abraham. It tells of his trials at the hands of God, his theological discussions with friends on the origins and nature of his suffering, his challenge to God, and finally a response from God. The Book itself comprises a didactic poem set in a prose frame and has been called "the most profound and literary work of the entire Old Testament". The Book itself and its numerous exegeses are attempts to address the problem of evil.

Narrative
There was an extremely pious man named Job. He was very prosperous, and had seven sons and three daughters. Constantly fearing that his sons may have sinned and "cursed God in their hearts", he habitually offered burnt offerings as a pardon for their sins.

The "sons of God" and Satan (literally "the adversary") present themselves to God. God asks Satan his opinion on Job, apparently a truly pious man. Satan answers that Job is pious only because God put a "wall around" him and "blessed" his favorite servant with prosperity. But if God touches "his possessions", then Job would curse him. God gives Satan permission to test Job's righteousness.

All of Job's possessions are destroyed and a 'ruach' (wind/spirit) causes the house of the firstborn to collapse killing all of Job's offspring who were gathered for a feast. Job does not curse God after this but instead shaves his head, tears his clothes and says, "Naked I came out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return: Lord has given, and Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of Lord".

As Job endures these calamities without reproaching Divine Providence, Satan solicits permission to afflict his person as well, and God says, "Behold, he is in your hand, but don't touch his life." Satan, therefore, smites him with dreadful boils, and Job, seated in ashes, scrapes his skin with broken pottery. His wife prompts him to "curse God, and die" but Job answers, "You speak as one of the foolish speaks. Moreover, shall we receive good from God and shall not receive evil?"

Three friends of Job, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite, come to console him. And the three of Job's friends heard all this evil that came on him, and they came every man from his place — Eliphaz the Temanite (Heb: Aliphaz the Thimanite), Bildad the Shuhite (Heb: Bildad the Shuchite), and Zophar Naamathite (Heb: Zuphar the Nomathite). A fourth, Elihu the Buzite (Heb: Alieua ben Barakal the Buzite), first begins talking in chapter 32 and plays a significant role in the dialogue; however, his arrival is not described. The friends spend 7 days sitting on the ground with Job, without saying anything to him because they see that he is suffering and in much pain. Job at last breaks his silence and "curses the day he was born".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 17, 2010, 11:54:46 PM
For those of you that take offense to any mention of religion, God, etc.  Do not read my post.  It's for TS anyway.  ;)

TS, I know this is a clue and all, but I have to thank you.... I'm crying right now as I type this.
By no means do I compare myself to Job as my life is extremely blessed.  I do, however, have one area in my life that constantly gets attacked once I make a decision to make a stand or do something for God, and that's my health.

Today I was flat on my back with muscle spasms, yet another health challenge I was blessed to be afflicted with recently.  I was feeling very low.

This redirect put EVERYTHING back into perspective for me.  I will not charge God foolishly TS!  I WILL NOT!  And despite ANY AND EVERY challenge that comes my way, let God's name be glorified!

Thank you TS!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 18, 2010, 12:11:56 AM
I think this redirect follows on from the discussions which were engendered in the redirect of 16/11.  Mike's faith, like that of Job, has been refined and strengthened by adversity.  It's all very well to have faith in a guiding power when everything is going well in life.  A different matter altogether when you're facing seemingly insurmountable hurdles, people are accusing you of crimes you are totally innocent of, and even your own body appears to be turning against you (in Job's case, the boils that covered his entire body ... in Mike's case, the vitiligo and lupis).

Thank you TS for your continued guidance.  We may have differing points of view when it comes to religion/spirituality/personal belief systems ... however I'm sure the collective LOVE I see expressed for Michael and HIS beliefs outweighs any differences.  Love & peace to all, emerald xo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MJonmind

November 18, 2010, 12:16:19 AM
Emeraldcity, I agree on the connection between Job's boils and MJ's skin condition.

My thoughts: there are only two places in the Bible that the phrase 'Sons of God' are used, this place in Job 1:6 and also twice in Genesis 6:1-8. Some Bible scholars have thought they were sons of Seth, but I disagree, I believe they were aliens very similar to humans but from outside of earth. They were not angels because the Bible consistently uses other terminology for angelic beings. (I have more controversial beliefs about these beings which I've mentioned elsewhere.)

1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Also yes, this story about Job is a deep discussion on the problem of suffering and pain. When we realize that both come from the hand of God because God has created Satan our tormentor, it will bring us peace and trust. Like Joseph who went through many trials, in the end said to his brothers, "You meant it for evil (selling him into slavery) but God meant it for good to save many lives." Like Job was blessed in the end with double all that he had before, so Joseph became the second in the command over all Egypt. I believe Michael Jackson was blessed in many ways in his life, but when God is through with him, he will be blessed doubley or perhaps more than we can even imagine, to save many lives.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

November 18, 2010, 12:31:11 AM
Quote from: "MJonmind"
Also yes, this story about Job is a deep discussion on the problem of suffering and pain. When we realize that both come from the hand of God because God has created Satan our tormentor, it will bring us peace and trust. Like Joseph who went through many trials, in the end said to his brothers, "You meant it for evil (selling him into slavery) but God meant it for good to save many lives." Like Job was blessed in the end with double all that he had before, so Joseph became the second in the command over all Egypt. I believe Michael Jackson was blessed in many ways in his life, but when God is through with him, he will be blessed doubley or perhaps more than we can even imagine, to save many lives.

Thank you so much for clearly clarifying the significance of this redirection.
It may also be an answer to some of the questions that have been raised, on the forum, asking things like "If there is a God, why did he let Michael suffer so much".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

navibl

November 18, 2010, 03:21:44 AM
Sweet Jesus,  Just when I was about to go to sleep here at 2:45 AM.  I remember I had not checked the redirect and low and behold, as I was feeling alone and desolate today, here we have JOB...I think I read somewhere that Michael loved the story of JOB.  Rightfully so.  Michael has been tempted and tested in EVERY area if his life.  And what a victory he is about to have in his life!!!!

Lucifer aka Satan was the most beautiful Angel in heaven, but he decided one day he wanted to take Gods place...YEAH RIGHT!!!!! ok so when you challenge God well, lets just say God created a very HOT place for Satan to live and he is about to be sent there.  

But Satan thought Job to be weak and only love and serve God because of his wealth.  BUT God knew Jobs heart and he knew that JOB would never renouce him.  God used Job to show for the centuries to come that if we are faithful and steadfast that not only will Satan be defeated, our loss and mourning will be turned into ten fold gain and rejoycing.

We just have to have patients and faith when we are tried by Satan,  NOT by God.  Gods word says he will not allow anymore to come against us than we can bare. So do you see how Michael was able to with stand Satan coming at him in all directions of his life?  But yet he said he kept this faith in God.  And he came through.  Why would we think, that because Satan was out to destroy Michael and take his life, Michael would just sit by and let it happen?  God gave Michael a plan just like he gave him the music.

God knows Michael’s heart and that he would not give in and turn his back on God because the going got tough.  Everything happening with Michael makes the statement true, that when the going gets tough, the tough get going.    God never caused anything to go wrong in Jobs life, he just allowed Satan to test Job because God knew what Job was made of.

If God had thought that Job would buckle under pressure he would have stepped in and delivered Job, but God knew that people would read of Job and be inspired by his testimony. And indeed so many received encouragements to know that God does restore all that is lost.  I am experiencing this same type thing in my own life now, but I know if I hold fast, God is my provider, and my ever present help in time of need and I will not be swayed or discouraged, because God is never too early or too late, he is always always right on time.  Michael’s return will be in the same manner, so we need to hold fast.
Here is a most beautiful song to describe what is important.

If we keep our faith in Christ Jesus, Satan cannot do more to us that God knows we can withstand, and it is always used as a testimony of how great God is and how much he loves us.  It is an amazing fact that the CREATOR of the Universe is IN LOVE with US and  Job is a beautiful example of that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

November 18, 2010, 05:16:03 AM
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Quote from: "MJonmind"

Thank you so much for clearly clarifying the significance of this redirection.
It may also be an answer to some of the questions that have been raised, on the forum, asking things like "If there is a God, why did he let Michael suffer so much".
Your very welcome. My interpretations are very unorthodox however, and Navibl above expresses the orthodox view if that is the direction you wish to go. With all respect, I have come to believe that Scripture says God is fully sovereign (full control) and isn't somehow frustrated that Satan turned evil, messed up His perfect plans and so He had to re-adjust things and go to plan B. The ONLY way God is truly LOVE and not unbelievably sadistical (hell) is that every single being, and person created is tried, suffers, has their heart changed miraculously (pre-determined) to enjoy a resurrected forever existence with God. God is omnicient (all-knowing), so did He not know Satan would turn "rebellious" and all humans follow after him like dumb sheep? I believe the Bible actually teaches all this but it is subtle, on purpose. Suffering of every single human is preparation to be fellow heirs of God with Christ. Suffering was part of the making of all the greats in the Bible including Christ. There is an interpretative concept of Progressive Revelation throughout the Bible, similar to this hoax in that truths are dispensed on a time-line withholding key truth until the right time. As a result there is much confusion, division, and doubt throughout history and now, but it's the (C)creator who's in charge and it will all ultimately end in full clarity and GOOD for all. JMO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

November 18, 2010, 06:08:22 AM
Thank you TS I could not prevent the tears... this is pure and unwavering faith, we should never blame God for the bad things that happens in our lives, if you keep the faith this will be turned into a GREAT RECOMPENSE and for eternity. So just keep the faith in God's Mercy, no matter what happens. The path was never meant to be easy but steadfastness through the burdens, pains and sufferings is rewarded and this is a promise that God has made.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

trublu

November 18, 2010, 06:12:20 AM
Oh talk of Satan, what fun.

As I am not religious and don't believe in Satan I am just trying to figure out the message behind it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

November 18, 2010, 06:14:55 AM
Quote from: "trublu"

As I am not religious and don't believe in Satan I am just trying to figure out the message behind it.

Basically the message is... keep the faith no matter what.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

trublu

November 18, 2010, 06:15:53 AM
Quote from: "Sarahli"
Quote from: "trublu"

Basically the message is... keep the faith no matter what.

Keep the faith in terms of Michael or in terms of God or both?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions